Elmo's World

Welcome Back

A/N: SORRYSORRYSORRY! I’M LATE with this chapter! *bows at your feet*

I own MCR, and Frank is Gerard’s long-lost twin brother. They just don’t know it yet.
Yeah, right.


- - - - - - -

(Frank’s P.O.V)

“Frank?”

Something inside of me just snapped. Great, just great. The lack of sleep I had the night before did me no justice either.

“Yes?” I hissed, pulling out my literature text (the oh-so-wonderful Romeo and Juliet, blast that book) while simultaneously slamming my own locker door shut. “WhaddayawantGerard…”

Hmm, I suppose that came out a little rushed. I really DO deserve the millions of mental smacks I’d been giving myself last night.

“Whoa, breathe,” the teen in front of me gasped, employing the universal sign of defeat – or rather, raising both hands palms-up in the ‘I-Surrender’ position. “What was up with yesterday, anyway? Goodbye and all that nonsense…I thought you were going to commit suicide!”

Suicide? Man, the dude could audition for the part of a world-class comedian. “Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem,” I intoned, pulling that line out of the hunk of junk I called my ‘memory’. I’d seen that line somewhere before, just couldn’t rightly remember where…

“Great,” Gerard sighed, rubbing the back of his neck tiredly. Being the short pipsqueak I was (and still hating to admit it to anyone else), I could only look up at his troubled, hazed-over hazel eyes.

“What?” I snapped, irritable all of a sudden. Oh, brilliant! Now I’m having mood swings! What am I doing, PMS-ing or something? “Hurry up and say what you have to say before the bell rings and we’re late.”

“Yeah…” he muttered, glancing down at the famous novel he held in his arms. If I remember correctly, everything started with that damn book.

So I proceeded to send the exact same copy in my hands a death-glare. The inner-me yelled to the world how completely psychotic that would’ve appeared, but right at the moment, I couldn’t care less.

“Frank, why are you glaring at Romeo and Juliet? Trying to set them on fire?”

“Shut up…” Shit, found out. I twitched. Whoa, another sign I was obviously going psycho. But there wasn’t any mood present for jokes, as the two of us strode side by side down the student-thronged corridor.

“Mmph, where will we go from here?” the teen beside me spoke up suddenly, surprising me into bumping straight into the wall as we rounded a bend, recovering with a quick ‘eep!’.

“Go where?” I massaged my sore nose, shooting un-amused glares at everyone and everything present. “The classroom?”

Now that had just broadcasted to the world that I was being an exceptionally dense, rude and annoyed asshole. What complicated matters was the simple, aching thought that I simply couldn’t put the damn blame on anything…other than my obvious lack of sleep. That, after all, had resulted in unattractive, purplish bags under my hazel eyes.

“Are you unbalanced today?” Gerard tapped two fingers on my head, concern glittering in the depths of his eyes. “You’re in a really bad mood.”

“You noticed?” I laced that question with all the sarcasm I could provide.

“Well, sorry, I was only worrying about you,” he huffed, obviously pissed off at my behavior. Oh well, couldn’t blame the poor soul – I was pretty angry at myself for being such a jerk today.

“Fine, I apologize,” muttering, I caught up with Gerard, falling into stride right beside the teenager. “And I really don’t know where we can go. I mean…people like us aren’t exactly that uncommon nowadays, right?”

“Mm, I suppose,” he bent his head, examining his fingers thoughtfully. Classroom 205 – our common destination - was within sight. “…You remember, right?”

“Waah?” I spluttered, gawking at Gerard, who just handed me a wide grin while whacking his ‘Romeo and Juliet’ brutally against the polished surface of the literature classroom. Maybe he had finally gone bonkers under all the relationship stress? Who would’ve thunk, him before me, of all unfortunate souls…

Gee ceased his assault on the pitiful door, rubbing his chin and gazing at the blank ceiling like any thoughtful sage would. “This was where everything started, ne?”

“Yeah…” memories of that time came flooding back, like water from a broken dam, strong current tearing away almost any stray thing in its path save for rational thought. “Good times, huh?”

This induced a little giggle from Gerard. “What are we, twelve? Reminiscing in front of a classroom door…and it’s not even graduation yet,” he sighed, stretching his arms by raising both limbs high into the air and standing on tip-toes. “Oh well, going in?”

“After you, milord,” I struck a flamboyant pose that said ‘you-first’, motioning like a waiting servant towards the door.

Well, happy as we were right now, the two of us weren’t behaving like yesterday. It was like nothing ever happened – hah, maybe it really HAD been all just as nightmare. And I hadn’t been all that stupid. Yup, definitely a nightmare, I assured myself.

“Of course,” Gerard gushed, then placing a hand on the freezing metal of the doorknob, twisted it and pushed the door open.

Recovering a normal stance and sauntering inside, hands stuck into jean pockets with the blasted novel tucked under a shoulder, I followed Gerard in.

And the two of us were promptly struck dumb by the scene in front of us.

Gerard was clutching on to a nearby desk for support – his knees seemed ready to give in, wobbling dangerously like that.

Me? I suppose my brain was either trying to quit its job and go on a long-term vacation, or shutting down in order to save my sanity. Every limb functioning previously had ceased to obey any signals from said lump of gray matter trying to throw in the towel.

I was as good as brain-dead, gaping slack-jawed. If this were some freakish cartoon, my eyes would’ve been nothing more than big white circles and mouth a giant white rectangle.

Everyone present paused what they were doing, multiple pairs of eyes swiveling to fix themselves on the two new bewildered arrivals. The noisy din emanating from the flowing crowd behind my back was cut off as the door swung shut with a bang, of its own accord.

I had never been given so much attention all my pathetic lifetime – I suppose Gee hadn’t either, the poor guy was literally melting.

“What…” I finally managed to retrieve my voice from the depths of the seventh hell, but the voice that came forth sounded so oddly constricted and husky.

I cleared my throat. “What,” I squawked, pointing a finger at the LCD screen in front of the classroom covering the whiteboard. “What, is that!?”

More specifically, I pointed at the image that was on the screen. Forget mine and Gee’s relationship bullshit, this was hell more important.

“Oh, this?” some random guy I recognized from the football team spoke up, gesturing at the image, brown eyes gleaming like some evil overlord’s hatching up a master plan for world domination. “Well, it’s…”

- - - - -

I apologize! I know I am DAMN late with this!
Again, I’m sorry for the lack of seriousness!
But the poor souls need some mysterious crack picture on-screen to lighten the cinematic action of last night, ne? But their relationship will be addressed, not to worry! Pardon their weird moods here.

Cut ‘em some slack!
R&R, thanks! ^^