Troubled Seas

Fire

Jack nodded. He carried Katie up to their room and sprawled her on the bed. She kicked off her boots and knelt on the sagging mattress.

“Jack!” she called, too loudly in the small room.

“What love?” Jack felt old for the first time in his life. He had never had to worry about anyone but himself and his ship. Fearing for Katie’s life was draining him. More so because she had no idea of the danger so close to her.

Jack threw his jack to the side and pulled his shirt over his head. He set his boots by the door after he locked it. On the uneven night stand he placed his weaponry and his pouch of gold. Finally he turned to Katie, making sure his face was composed.

“Come here Jack,” her voice was much more under control, almost velvety.

Jack felt his body tense. Katie knelt before him with all clothing discarded except for her white shirt with the frilly handcuffs. The frilly handcuffs that so daftly covered the treacherous mark on her small wrist. Jack had never wanted a woman the way he desired Katie and that startled him.

She pulled the ribbon from her hair and let her golden locks fall about her face. Katie had spent four days trying to decide how to conquer Jack and tonight, she meant to have him. Her virtues fell to the wayside, with so much alcohol and lust pumping through her veins.

Katie reached her arms out for him, catching him by the waist and pulling him to her. Jack was not a man to pass up the chance to violate a woman, whether she had her sense about her or not. Yet this was Katie, his Katie and he wasn’t ready to soil his angel. His heart was thumping hard in his chest, pumping blood to a particular member of his anatomy. Pressed against the bed at full mast, Jack was extremely uncomfortable.

“Don’t you want me Jack?” Katie asked demurely, looking at him under her thick lashes. She pushed her shirt off one shoulder, revealing the silky skin above her breast.

Jack was breathing hard and heavy now, on the verge of panting. “I will not take advantage of you Katie.” His voice trembled.

“Good,” she took his hand and guided him to her breast. “I was planning on being the one taking advantage.”

Jack groaned, his body pulsating with need. Katie moved closer to the edge of the bed, her knees bumping into his strong thighs, his hand still holding her tender breast. She wrapped her slender arms around his neck and drew him in closer.

“Don’t,” Jack whispered.

“Too late,” Katie covered his mouth with hers in a deliciously inappropriate kiss that broke every restraint Jack had tried so hard to build.