Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The House of Parker(Prt.13)

We all live in a house of fire. No fire department to call. No way out. Just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in.

I followed her into the room in veneration. I felt dazed, like I was in a desert with no water and about to fall over. The room was dark, and the only light was a round candle with the flame aloof on a wooden table. I could vaguely make out Madam Estella’s body outline in the darkness; she crept over to a creaky chair that looked like it would give way any minute now. She didn’t seem to be fazed by this, and sat in the chair. I could see the candle light reflecting off of her asperous skin. I didn’t know whether to stay where I was standing by the beaded door way, or go sit in the chair opposite her. I felt awkward while standing here uneasy so I decided to walk over to the chair contrary to hers. As I sat down the chair made a squeaking noise signifying its aged existence. The quiet drew all the more attention to the movements I was causing the screeching chair, while Madam Estella was sitting there noiseless. I suspect if you’ve sat in these chairs many times you would perfect the art of a soundless posture.

For a moment we just sat there in the stillness of the room. From the candle light I could see Madam Estella’s good eye fixed on the candle. While her lazy brown one was resting sluggishly focusing down at the wooden floor. I was fixated on her one good blue eye gazing at the candle. It drew me in like cheese would a mouse. I couldn’t look away from it, I couldn’t even blink. Her eye was hypnotizing to my imprudent hazel ones. As if I had said something she no longer was gazing at the candle, but bolted her good eye up to meet my staring ones. She kept staring at me, never blinking nor saying anything. I began to feel nervous and placed my hands on the table twiddling with my thumbs. I didn’t dare meet her stare. Then impetuously she grabbed my hands with an iron grip and the candle blew out immediately. There was no wind in the room, and neither I nor Madam Estella blew out the flame. It vanished, running scared of the imperilment.

“Danger is your shadow,” She said gripping my hands tighter. I sat there frozen solid not wanting to say anything, nor move. I wanted her to go on; I wanted to hear what she had to say. Then from the candle light I saw as she closed her eyes and loosened her grip on my hands, but still held onto them. Silence crept up on us as no one said anything nor moved. I didn’t want to move, as to not break her concentration. As for saying something, I was quite frankly scared to; I was scared to ask a question to listen to the formidable answer. This lady scared me, and I didn’t know whether to believe her or not.

As if she was possessed by a demon she tightened her grip on my hands and yanked them forward. I could vaguely see her lazy brown eye was no longer lazy; it was fixed on mine as well as her sparkling blue one. As she vigorously pulled my arms forward my body went with it. My knees buckled as I tried to stand up so I wouldn’t be pulled over the table, but my chair ended up skidding behind me and my body was halfway over the table.

“Live with him you die! Leave him you die!” she screeched before frantically letting go of my hands like my hands somehow burned her. I couldn’t take this anymore, I was so frightened by her I stood up fully and ran out of there. I jostled the beads in the door way out of my way and ran out into the main room where the exit was. I felt like a victim in one of those scary movies where the killer chases his pray, only Madam Estella wasn’t chasing after me. That didn’t take away from the despair I was in. Once I saw the exit door I ran to it and busted threw the door and into the open sunshine, with people, normal people, people who are safe and rational. Once I got a hold of myself I found a nearby bench in the shade and sat down. I took in a deep breath and calmed myself.

What was that lady talking about? Was she talking about Parker? What did she mean if I live with him I’ll die, and if I leave I’ll die, if she’s even talking about Parker? Why did she freak out back there and pull me halfway across the table. Did she know something I didn’t, obviously? And how would I die, and who would kill me, if I would even be killed. I had so many questions running through my mind and too few answers. If what she was saying is true then I have to be seriously cautions around Parker, and even when I’m not around him. Who even knows if this lady is for real or not? She could be some crack pot lady just trying to scare me. Well congratulations Madam Estella you did it! The way she freaked out back there, and the way she was talking about “him” made me alarmed. This whole day has done a 180. At first everything was great, I was having fun with Parker, then he disappointed me by going with Brooke, and some physic was telling me I’m going to die. Bad news always seems to be printed on my news paper.

I didn’t want to think about these things now, there was already too much going on right now to stress about everything. I decided to push it in the back of my mind and find a way home. I came here with Parker, but right now he’s eating with Brooke and I didn’t want to ask him for a ride home or be a third wheel. I didn’t have my cell phone on me, and pay phones are so outdated I didn’t even see any around. What has the world come to, no payphones? What a disappointment. Enough about the payphones though, how am I going to get home?!?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one was short,
also I was to tired to make a video sorry,
but with chapter 14 I will make a video
and talk about this chapter as well as chapter 14