Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The House of Parker(Prt.14)

“Thanks for coming,” I said getting into his red mustang convertible.

“Anytime Lily, and I mean that, if you ever need anything don’t hesitate to call.” Justin said smiling before shifting gears to get out of here. I had to call Justin to get me out of this place because Parker was still off with Brooke. Did I mention I also had to borrow this mother of two’s cell phone? I felt so embarrassed asking her, and I was surprised she let me. I’m not sure I would let a stranger use mine, they could steal it or run off, or god knows what. Lucky though this lady was nice and let me use her phone for a moment.

“So where’s Parker?” Jake asked once we were on the road.

“With his girlfriend,” I said glumly.

“Oh, I’m sorry Lily,” Jake said trying to comfort me.

“Yeah whatever I guess,” I stated, even though it wasn’t “yeah whatever.” I was mad at him, how can he just leave me for Brooke? I mean yeah I left him technically, but you would too if the guy you were with’s girlfriend showed up.

“Did you know about this?” I said turning towards Jake.

“Know about what?” he asked momentarily leaving his eyes from the road to look at me confused.

“The masquerade ball,” I stated.

“Oh yeah, yeah I knew Parker’s family was hosting it sometime soon.” Jake said nonchalantly.

“Thanks for letting me know,” I said sarcastically, but playfully.

“Hey I thought you already knew!” Jake protested laughing. I couldn’t help but laugh with him, his laugh is contagious and his dimples make me smile even more. I’ve never noticed how cute Jake was, but in a cute younger brother way.

“So who you going with?” I asked raising an eyebrow at our young bachelor.

“You,” He stated smiling like a kid at a candy store.

“And what makes you think that?” I questioned laughing at his boldness.

“Well Justin is going with Lynn, Parker will go with Brooke, so that leaves me and you,” He said in a duh voice, like anyone who’s smart would know that.

“Well obviously,” I stated like I already knew that. The truth was I never thought about it like that, it did make perfect since though. I had just always thought Parker and I would go together, but that was silly of me because he has Brooke. Jake’s right, we both don’t have dates and the only logical thing to do is to go together.

“So my handsome date, do you have a costume yet?” I questioned.

“Why yes I do, do you my darling date, have one?” he questioned back.

“Why yes I do,” I stated proudly. He laughed at this and shook his head.

“The only thing left is learning how to dance,” I mumbled to myself.

“I could teach you,” he perked in.

I looked at him confused, but then remember his vampire super hearing. Still though, I looked at him astonished.

“You know how to dance?” I questioned stiffening a laugh.

“Yes Lily, this might come as a shock to you, but I do know how to dance.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Sorry,” I said while laughing a little. “It’s just that you don’t seem like the type of person who would know how to dance.”

“Looks can be deceiving,” he said while pulling into the driveway. We were home now, well at Parker’s home and my temporary stay.

“Touché,” I countered back.

“Okay so come find me tomorrow and will go somewhere and start practicing.” He said before turning off the car.

“Sounds good,” I said getting out of the car. I walked through the front door and up to my room. I sighed and plopped down on my bed. What a day, and the day isn’t even over yet. I doubt anything exciting will happen tonight though, but you never know. I then decided to take a nap, resting for what was to come of tonight, if even anything.

*******

“Why did you leave?” Parker said bursting in my room and waking me up from my pleasant nap. I squinted at him, my eyes not yet adjusting to the dark. I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock as it read 7:13 p.m. Wow, I slept for like 6 hours, I must have been tired. Remembering Parker was still in the room I said “What?”

“You left, Brooke and I looked all over for you, but you left.” He said clenching his fists in anger.

“Yeah so?” I said like it was no big deal.

“So? So Lily you could have been kidnapped when you weren’t with Brooke and I, or worst killed or god knows what!” Parker said outraged.

“Well if you were that concerned about me you wouldn’t have gone to go eat with Brooke!” I said raising my voice now and getting up off my bed to face him toe to toe. For a moment Parker just stood there taking in my words and analyzing them. I’m sure he found I was right in all of this.

“Brooke’s my girlfriend,” Parker said lowering his voice.

“And I’m just some girl,” I said walking past him.

How could he be such a jerk? I wasn’t his responsibility, I could look after myself. Even if I was he shouldn’t have gone off with Brooke, this was supposed to be our day. But then again, like he said Brooke is his girlfriend and I’ll always be just some girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next Chapter is in Brooke's POV

also here's the vid.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8d9WTBoIU