Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The house of Parker(Prt.25)

Parkers POV

I confidently grasped Lily’s door handle as I entered, my eyes scanning for her. I took a couple steps into her room and saw her staring at herself in her full-length mirror. I stood there frozen for what seemed like forever, but was only a couple of seconds. Her curled hair was hanging loosely past her shoulders as she turned to look at me. She was wearing the dress I picked out the day we decided to go shopping. It looked appropriate for the occasion on the rack, but here, seeing her now, with it on her I never would have imagined. I never would have imagined it would look this beautiful on her, I never would have imagined she would look this beautiful.

I slowly walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her shielding her from the outside world. She looked so beautiful, I wanted to quarantine her off and keep her hidden for myself.

“You look beautiful” I murmured into her hair, before pulling away.

She let out a slight laugh before saying “So do you.”

I playfully smiled at her and took out her masquerade mask, to match mine.

“Here let me help you,” I said gently while slipping the mask on her. My hand lingered as I smoothly grazed my fingers over her hair. Swiftly, I then pulled my own mask out of my back pocked and pulled away from her, slipping my own on. She smiled brightly, staring at me. I couldn’t help but adore her then. Coolly and placed my hand under her chin and brought her close. I gently placed a sweet kiss on her soft lips. I could tell she wanted more as her hands started to move towards my neck, then suddenly I pulled away sighing. I wanted nothing more than to stand here and make-out with this beautiful girl, but we had to go.

“We should probably go.” I stated while intertwining our fingers. For now, holding her hand would have to do.

I led her down a series of hallways before finally going down the old wooden stair case and stopping at its ancient door.

“Okay” I said taking in a breath.

“When we go in, there are going to be swarms of vampires.” I said in a strained voice.

“Do you remember what I told you?” I questioned.

“Yes,” She sighed.

“Stay with Justin, Jake, and Lynn.” She repeated my words from this morning. I was concerned, I wouldn’t be able to be with her the whole night and look after her, but I was happy she would stay with Justin, Jake and Lynn.

“That’s my girl.” I said grinning before kissing her swiftly on the cheek.

“So you say,” She mumbled sarcastically.

I laughed at her before placing my hand on the door knob.

“Here we go.” I said while opening the door.

I opened it and heard a soft tune being played as masked vampires danced and talked. I wanted to get over greeting everyone fast so I turned to Lily.

“Alright try to be good,” I whispered in her ear before disappearing into the crowd.

I spotted the Oswald family right away. It wasn’t hard, with there over the top outfits and strong scent of raspberry perfume coming off of Margret.

“Parker!” She greeted enthralled.

“Margret,” I mumbled trying to sound some-what enthusiastic.

“You look dashing,” She complimented smiling, showing off her pearly white teeth.

“As do you,” I said winking.

She giggled as her husband eyed me suspiciously. I took that as my cue to go greet other couples as I started making my way towards the Fishers. Suddenly I heard the song change and saw curly golden blonde hair from behind, it was my girl. She was slowly starting to dance with Jake. She moved so freely with him it’s almost like she didn’t even have to try, it was effortless. She had a naturalness that even Jake couldn’t teach. I was somewhat jealous that I wasn’t the one twirling her around and hearing her giggle for me, but I had to be the host. It is my parent’s party after all; speaking of which I haven’t seen them all night, or really much of them since I got back. I would suspect their still upset about the whole me leaving school thing.

“Look who it is!” I heard Berge shout as I smelled brandy radiating off of him, he was defiantly drinking tonight.

“Hey Berge!” I greeted shaking his hand.

“Good to see ya,” He stated in a firm voice.

“You too,” I laughed.

“Berge!” I heard Martha, his wife, shout over the crowd.

“Have you been drinking!?!” She questioned flailing her arms around trying to maneuver through the crowd.

“Oops!” He said before running off.

I laughed at the crazy old man before turning back to the dance floor. I noticed Lily and Jake were no longer dancing and took this as my opportunity. I knew that I should probably get busy greeting the Fishers, but I wanted one dance with Lily before it got too late, and I couldn’t.

I swiftly made my way through the crowds of people and to the band playing. I was able to get the lead singers attention and told him to play “Love will tear us apart” by Broken Social Scene. Every time I hear that song it reminds me of her. I don’t know why I just feel a gravitational pull to that song, and just know it’s meant to be our song.

I heard them start the music as I maneuvered through the crowd looking for Lily. I didn’t see her anywhere, but I saw Jake. I made my way over to him hearing the band starting to sing.

“Hey Jake, have you seen Lily?” I questioned quickly, wanting to dance.

“Yeah, sure, she’s right over there...” He said trailing off while pointing to an empty table.

“Dude she was right there.” Jake stated starting to panic. I took in a deep breath not wanting to freak out just yet, but the truth was I was starting to get worried. I turned away from him and started scanning the crowd for a second time. I saw people swaying to the music, and chatting amongst themselves, but not one human Lily in the bunch.

I turned to my left and saw a golden dress and mask to match walking out the door. It was Lily’s dress; I sighed in relief and ran after to follow her. I opened the door and was greeted by a fierce, cold wind. I didn’t see anything in sight and turned to my left seeing an empty, open road. Where could she have gone? I whipped to my right and saw familiar black hair and brown eyes to match, Brooke. She quickly brought her fist down stabbing me in the neck with a needle.

“Wha-” I said breathless before collapsing on the cold, wet ground. The last thing I saw before everything went completely black was that golden dress, in the wrong person’s body.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone has a happy easter!