Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The house of Parker(Prt.28)

Parker's POV

Stop all clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let airplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message She Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

The sky was clear, the sun was bright, the grass was green, and she looked beautiful. Rows of chairs were set up on each side creating a stadium like piece with a red carpet aisle and at the very end laid a black crimson coffin. Inside laid red satin that sparkled in the bright sunlight and a small 5’4 frame of a girl who’s long wavy golden brown hair that no ray of sun could compete with sat. Her eyes lay closed shielding her hazel ones from the onlookers. She wore a plain dress with a vine leaf design along the hem. White was the dress, the color she looked best in. It always made her look so innocent. So many people came, her friends, her family, even people she didn’t know, but the only people that truly mattered were sitting at the front. There sitting in the first row was Mrs. And Mr. Stark, Lily’s parents. Mrs. Stark had on a black dress suit and was clearly dabbing her cheeks that her fresh tears had appeared on with her handkerchief. Mr. Stark had his hand firmly placed on hers and had a cold hard stare at the coffin.

Next to them sat Lynn crying heavily into Justin’s chest. Lynn was Lily’s first real girlfriend in the whole boarding school, and she didn’t even go there! She was nice to Lily and took an interest in her and that’s something I believe Lily was always grateful for. Justin was well, Justin. He ran into her the first day she got here. He couldn’t help himself, but knock someone off their feet, and literally. He was there to help her and make her feel like she wasn’t so small in the vast school. He was, well Justin.

Jake sat next to them staring at the grass. He seemed to be in a state of dream and disbelief, I don’t blame him though. He had lost his sister. Lily was his Lily Bear. He was like her older brother and loved being there for her. He knew how to bring a smile onto her face. He was there for her when I wasn’t and that was something Jake would always have over me.

In the row behind him sat Geoffrey, Lily’s loyal driver, and boy did she love him. He was the first man to ever lay eyes on Lily outside of her home. He was there to protect her and take her to any place she desired.

Swallowing hard I knew I would have to face them all, sooner or later. It was my responsibility to talk to them. I flattened my black tie against my white button up shirt and fixed my black tux coat. Slowly, I walked down the aisle keeping my head down. I reached Mr. and Mrs. Stark and smiled half-heartedly to them.

“Mrs. and Mr. Stark,” I said nodding my head.

Mrs. Stark cried even harder before gasping for air and saying “Did you know Lily?”

I sighed covering my hands over my face, before removing them and saying “You could say that.”

“Well I appreciate you paying your respects boy,” Mr. Stark said shaking my hand.

“Yeah,” I whispered before walking over towards Justin, Lynn, and Jake.

Lynn was still teary eyed smothered into Justin’s chest, none the less Justin smiled meekly at me. I sat down at the end next to Jake as my words were caught in my throat and my reason for speaking at all had vanished.

“You should have protected her.” He finally spoke to me, sitting back tearing up.

“I know.” I choked out feeling a wave of emotions, but mostly regret wash over me.

“We all trusted you,” He shouted angrily, tears down streaming down his cheeks.

“She trusted you,” He whispered solemnly.

“I know,” I said exasperated. I knew I had let everyone down. I knew I was supposed to be there for her, and protect her and when it counted the most, I wasn’t. And that was something I would have to live all eternity with.

I heard a loud crunching and grass being smoothed beneath feet. Everyone turned around sensing the same dominate presence I was. He wore a brown suit with a dark gray tie. He was tall and masculine. Clearly he was someone whose presence demanded attention. He smiled sadly at everyone as his teeth sparkled in the sun. He spoke soft words of sorrow as everyone couldn’t help, but feel saved and free from this grief. He held a kindness to him that made every aching heart stop for the time being. He walked up to the podium set up right next to Lily’s coffin and placed his book down upon it, the bible. The sun hit his auburn hair in an adjacent way as his deep, rich brown eyes stared blankly at me. I can vaguely remember Lily telling me about him. He used to work at St. Jude’s. She once told me he gave her the best advice she could have been given He took in a deep breath before opening his bible. I knew what was coming next and slowly crouched down maneuvering my way to the edge of the seats to escape the ceremony.

I ran, fast, away from the old clearing my parents used for harvesting that was now a funeral gathering. Once I reached my house I opened the doors shutting them behind me as I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. I slowly made my way to my room and waited. I waited until it was finally nightfall, my savior.

The funeral was over a long time ago and the Starks were on their way back to California along with everyone else traveling home. I heard a faint knock at my door and opened it revealing Justin, Lynn, and Jake.

“Hey, come in guys.” I said stepping aside.

“Hey sorry about yelling before,” Jake said scratching the back of his head.

I laughed lightly before saying “You did fine.”

“Didn’t you think it was a bit over the top?” He asked uneasily.

“Not at all,” Justin said queuing in. “If anything Lynn was over the top!”

“Well how are you supposed to act when your best friend dies?” She shot back offended.

I laughed while rolling my eyes at all of them. Slowly, the door creaked open and the priest emerged with Lily in hand.

I smiled widely at her before running over and grabbing her face, pulling her into a breathless kiss.

“I missed you.” I said pulling her into a death clenching hug.

Her laughter was muffled against my chest until I let her go smiling.

“Thank you,” I said shaking the priest's hand.

“You’re welcome, and don’t worry your secrets safe with me.” He said while waving goodbye.

Then, Jake suddenly got up and hugged Lily tight.

“I don’t know what I would have done if Parker didn’t get there in time.” Jake said sighing into her hair changing the atmosphere in the room to a more serious one.

“But he did Jake,” Lily said with a small smile.

“Now you’ll have to spend all eternity with me!” she laughed while punching Jake’s arm.

“Besides,” She said “it’s better Parker turned me into a vampire, now you don’t have to worry about me.”

“Lily,” Jake sighed “As long as Tristan’s still out there I’m always going to worry about you.”

“Wasn’t the whole fake funeral the point of getting rid of him though?” Lynn asked confused.

I sighed feeling surrounded my idiots. “Now that Tristan knows we had a funeral and with Lily ‘dead’ supposedly he won’t come after her anymore, furthermore solving our psycho problem.”

“Now we can all get on with our lives finally” Lily said beaming.

"If you say so," Jake said rolling his eyes.

I chuckled lightly before Lily shot me a look. A scowl appeared onto her face that caused me to grin even more.

I can't remember the first time that I actually looked at Lily and knew she was the one. Maybe it was the first time we met and I knew she was going to be a pain in the ass or maybe it was when reality set in and I knew I could actually lose her. Either way, I think I have finally realized deep in my bones that I want to stare at her frowning face forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Poem is by W.H Auden, he's probably my favorite poet and I was reading one of his books and thought this was perfect for my chapter, So again the poem was not by me, but by W. H. Auden.

So there was a sequel to this but I deleted it. Long story. Sorry it ended like this. It was fun while it lasted. I appreciate everyone who's read it from day one. Love you guys.