Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The House of Parker(Prt.7)

In the thread of darkness when all else fails, who will be with you to see the world crumble and man down on his knees? To fear the dark burnings of hell as he smites you down. Till your last final moments only then will you truly know you are alone.

“Lillllllllly,” I heard my name being whispered. It wasn’t Parker or anyone like that. It was something distant and yet familiar.

“Lilllllllllllllllllllly,” I heard again, only this time it was closer. Someone was in the living room with me. The way they were whispering my name, it seemed like they were messing with me, or even toying with me. Like a lion playing with his food.

“Who’s there?” I said backing up until I bumped into something hard and screamed falling over.

I fell down with my face meeting the rough carpet. I scrambled to my feet and realized I tripped over a seating chair. Then I felt something behind me, no someone. They were so close to me all I could do was stand there frozen like a statue. I felt air on my neck, and could hear the deep breathing they were doing on me.

“You can’t hurt yourself yet, I want to.” He whispered playfully in my ear. I could feel his hot breath on me. His voice was deep and sinister; I could almost feel the venom dripping from his words. I whipped around to face him once and for all. I saw nothing though, only the darkness that surrounded the room, and no body of the intruder. I quivered in fear and spun around to my original position.

“BOO!” I heard right in front of me. I could see the outline of the man’s body, and just like that he disappeared, showed by the darkness of the living room. I screamed and ran towards the movie room, not that I could see a thing with this lighting.
I ran, I ran as fast, and as hard as I could until I was panting for breath. I could see light shinning in threw a doorway and ran even harder towards it, I doubt it was the movie room though. I glanced behind me and saw no one, but wouldn’t take any chances in stopping. Once I was close enough towards the door I flung my whole body into it with all my might and it went crashing open. I screamed colliding with another body knocking us both down. I got up off the person quickly and looked down seeing a baffled Jake.

“It’s only you Jake,” I said placing my right hand over my heart calming down.

“Yeah, are you alright Lily? You don’t look so good.” He said standing on his feet.

I looked behind me through the open door and into the darkness of the hallway and living room. It was quite as a mouse now. Did I imagine it? Was I know hallucinating, or was I just paranoid? Everything seemed normal, and like no one was even there.

“I….I…yeah I’m fine Jake thanks for asking.” I lied. The truth was I was hardly fine, I was just almost attacked by a stranger in the house and almost had a heart attack, but who would believe me right? I’m just Lily, just Lily Stark. The lonely girl who would be ‘seeking attention,’ as Brooke would put it.

“Your heart says otherwise,” He said taking a step closer to me. I looked at him confused.

“Your hearts beating a thousand miles per hour,” He said now taking another step closer to me and placing his hand over mine which was still covering my heart. I jerked away from his touch and stepped back.

“Nope I’m fine,” I said quickly. He gave me an ‘I don’t believe you look,’ but let it go.

“Alright we’ll I’m heading back to my room!” I said walking towards the stairs and into the darkness. I got away from him as quickly as possible. I didn’t want any questions that I would have to lie about because no one would believe me. I approached the dark living room and found the light switch switching it on. I scanned the room and saw everything was normal. The chairs were in place, the fire was out, and no one was there. There’s nothing scary about this room at all. Maybe I imagined it. I headed up the stairs and to my room thinking I was going crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm lazy and haven't updated.