I'll See You in My Dreams

If I Had My Chance I'd Never Let You Go

His was the only face I’ve ever really known, everyone else’s faded to the dark recesses of my mind, lingering, waiting to resurface. But his was burned behind my eyelids, stained on my memory, I couldn’t close my eyes without seeing it. I’d memorized every surface of his magnificent face. From hiss tousled blonde hair in disarray on his head, to his perfectly full lips. Looking at him filled me with a fierce love, so fierce it caused me physical pain. For I didn’t know this man, but he lingered in my dreams, and haunted my days.

My dreams came as suddenly and unexpectedly as the slumber had. My kind didn’t sleep, we need no rest, so I was alarmed when I started drifting in and out of consciousness. It was the first time I’d slept in over 100 years. And it wouldn’t be the last time.

The dreams came first as flickers of random faces and scenery, I didn’t know what to make of them. In the beginning I couldn’t control when I slipped out of consciousness, it was unbelievably frightening. Eventually I learned to control it, as I controlled my other powers. I only slept at night, feeling human for a few precious moments before my dreams consumed me. The dreams became more profound, more complex. The faces I saw in earlier dreams remained, but occurred as more than just faces. They were vampires, and from what I could tell they were a family. Along with these vampires I saw a landscape with amazing detail, it consisted of shocking shades of green. Everything was vivid, even more so through my strong eyes. It was simply beautiful.

Even more breathtaking was the man I dreamt of more than anything or anyone else. In my dreams we were inseparable, with hands always intertwined sometimes speaking with others in a magnificent home. In others we were running and hunting in the thick forests. My favorite dreams were when we sat and talked for hours in the dense forests. We spoke of being vegetarians and our ever-expanding interests.

His voice was like velvet, slowly caressing every word that he spoke, it was mesmerizing. I could talk to him for eternity and never be uninterested. He was my everything, but he was nothing at all…

If I had my chance I’d never let you go...
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter to come soon
major points to who can name the quote at the end

-Carmen