I'll See You in My Dreams

Only Seen It In Your Dreams Before.

I turn my head from the trees and I’m hit with the beauty of his eyes once again. Their gold melts my core, and invites me to see straight to his soul. He doesn’t drop his gaze and I wouldn’t dare drop mine.

I want to drink in every ounce of him, I never want to leave his side. His eyes leave mine to search over my face, and he smiles, which makes me smile. I’m happy whenever he is.

“You’re beautiful.” He tells me ad his thumb grazes over our intertwined hands.

I smile and reply, “As are you.”

His eyes lock on mine as he smiles and leans toward my lips…


My eyes fly open and I’m on my feet before I have time to process it. I look out to the vast sky and search the skyline for him. I find nothing, same as always, I don’t know why I bother looking. My feet whisper across the ground as I run to the edge of the forest toward the herd of elk I heard approach about 200 feet away.

I throw myself gracefully across the morning sky and land across the back of a buck. I sink my razor sharp teeth into his throat, and quench my thirst with much distain. I hate elk, a major downside of being a vegetarian are the limited choices of prey.

“It’ll just have to do for now.” I whisper to myself.

Leaving my prey I quickly run back to where I had slept that night, and sit on the moist forest floor. It was about as quiet as it could get with my hearing. All that was heard was the occasional stirs of the sleeping woodland creatures, and the quick retreat of the elk herd. I used this precious time to reflect on my most recent dream.

We were alone, unlike the last two I had when we spent time with his family. We were in the same forest that I always dream of as well. I could still feel his hands on mine, his eyes searching my face. I closed my eyes for a quick moment trying to absorb the pleasant feeling as much as possible before it vanished. I re opened my eyes, feeling the pain that I know all too well take over me. I’ll never get used to how intensely my chest aches after my dreams.

“How can a heart break when it doesn’t beat?” I ask myself holding my head between my palms. I’ve thought about not sleeping, avoiding this pain, but he only comes to me in my dreams, so sleep becomes addicting. This is unbearable, I’m not sure if I could go one day without seeing him, and not sure I could handle waking up if I did.

I stood, and walked aimlessly around the wilderness in a human pace. I started thinking of less painful topics, like my gifts. Such a strange power, the ability to copy other’s abilities to myself, and make new ones. It makes it quite easy for me to lose myself, I'm not sure if I should be proud, or ashamed of it. Many people would see it as a weapon, and I don’t want to be used that way, I want to be my own person. But I never can with pieces of everyone else in my mind. Shaking my this train of thought I started to think of his family.

“I wonder if they’re gifted…” I thought to myself. I have no doubt in my mind that he is, he has to be.

“He distracts me so easily.” I thought smiling to myself. I can’t stop thinking of him, he’s so consuming. I froze and my thoughts raced to dreams that pull me towards him, his face, his smile, and the look in his eyes when they catch mine. Without thinking my legs pulled me to the east, and I’m running, running so blindingly fast that I barely feel my feet touch the ground. I have no idea where I’m running to, bit I have a feeling he’ll be there, so I let my heart pull me where it may.

Only seen it in your dreams before…
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kind of a short one, i promise they'll get longer
any comments or messages would be mucho fantastico haha

if anyone can find the scary kids scaring kids quote in this story i'll name a character after you *gasp!* haha it was slightly changed but you'll get the idea...i hope

quote at the end Lullabies by All Time Low

later lovelies
Carma