Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 16.

“Bri! I’m off to the studio!”

I covered my ears with both hands as she ran into the kitchen, started making out with Brian right in front of me while I was trying to eat cereals… Instead of covering my ears, I covered Celia’s eyes.

“Try to keep it PG please…” I whispered with a sigh.

It has been two days since I had crashed here, and it was like that almost every time they were together, they were sucking face. I mean, it’s okay when you are like 17 years old, or maybe even up to 27 years old, but they were on their late thirties for Christ sake!

That sight really made me want to throw up.

“Mummy…” whined Celia, I dropped my hand and kissed her cheek, she ran out of the kitchen. I couldn’t blame her…

“Morning…” mumbled Aiden as he slowly stumbled into the kitchen. He made me think about Brian. I chuckled and shook my head as his eyes weren’t even open properly when he took a sit next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. I grabbed the coffee pot and poured him a cup of coffee, I placed it in front of him and patted his head.

“Here you go buddy.”

“Thanks Mom…” he managed to say, kissed my cheek and started drinking it. The two were still sucking faces…

“Ugh…”

I blinked and turned to look at Aiden, he looked like he was about to throw up.

“Are you alright?” I asked, concerned.

“And you managed to eat something?” he asked, looking horrified as he was pointing in his father’s direction.

“That was before she arrived.” I whispered. Angelina walked in.

“Hey Mum!” she said loudly, “hey Dad! Hey Nat! How are you all doing on this bright and early morning? I mean, it’s not like it’s nearly 9.30 you know!” she said. Aiden covered his ears, trying to block his sister’s voice. Nat finally pulled away from the sucking-face session with Brian and gasped .

“Oh my God! I’m late!” she yelled, she pecked Brian’s lips and then ran off, waving at me on her way out. I nearly choked on my cereals.

“Dad, you got something right there.” Said Angelina as she walked past him, pointing at her chin. He quickly wiped it off and Aiden choked on his coffee. He quickly grabbed a napkin.

“Oh shit, Angie… Last time tell me before you say something like that, I nearly die.” He muttered.

She smiled brightly and sat opposite me, she grabbed the box of cereals and poured some in a bowl.

“I’m going to take a shower.” Said Brian as he walked out of the kitchen.

“It’s more like he is going to wank himself off…” whispered Aiden. Just as I took a sip of orange juice. Let’s just say the orange juice didn’t make it to my stomach but all over the table.

“AIDEN SANDERS!” I yelled, my eyes wide.

He shot me a smile and shrugged.

“It is true mum…” he said. I shook my head.

“Do us a favor Aiden, keep your thoughts to yourself…” I whispered as I got up and went over to the sink to grab something to clean the mess I had made.

“Admit it Mum, Aiden’s right.” Said Angelina. I made sure Celia was still watching TV in the living room before answering.

“Your father’s sex life is none of my business.” I said and shook my head at them. “Now go get ready, I don’t know what we are going to do today yet, but just go and get dressed.” I said as I started gathering the empty bowls and cups and put them in the dishwasher.

I cleaned the table and walked into the living room, to get Celia. She wasn’t there. I sighed, she was probably off to bother her brother and sister…

I walked up the stairs and went straight to Angelina’s room. I knocked on the door.

“Come in!”

I twisted the knob and peeked inside, “Is Celia here with you?” I asked, seeing Aiden putting his socks on and Angelina tying her hair up in a ponytail.

“Nope!” they both replied. I sighed.

“Okay, thanks. I just lost my daughter…” I mumbled and then closed the door behind me.

“Okay, which one?”
I stopped dead in tracks when I heard Celia replying.

“The black one!”

I took a few steps back and leant against the doorway, a smile on my face as I saw Celia sitting on the edge of Brian’s bed, looking at him as he was holding up two Tshirts, asking for her opinion. I mean Synyster Gates, asking for the opinion of a six, almost seven year old?

“They are both black Celia, which one? The Syn Gates or the V-neck one?” he asked. Celia looked thoughtful, a slight frown on her face.
“The one with the skull and the hat.” She said finally. Brian smiled and put it on, throwing the other one on the bed.

“Alright, now should I wear a fedora or not?” he asked. And I couldn’t hold it any longer, I laughed.

“Brian, she’s just a kid. If she told you to wear a baby blue short, would you do it?” I asked, making my way in the room.

“I guess not… Hey! Where’s your crutch!” he asked, frowning.

“Oh I lost it somewhere…” I said, with a wave of my hand. “So anyway, Celia are you done annoying Brian? Let’s go and get you dress okay?” I asked, holding out my hand. She nodded and jumped off the bed, she took my hand and with the other, she waved at Brian.

“See ya Bri!”

I smiled, shaking my head. I entered my room and Celia sat on the bed. I picked up her suitcase and put it on the bed.
“You choose your clothes, yeah? I’m going to take a quick shower okay?” she nodded.

I walked up to the bathroom that was located just right next to the spareroom I was staying in.
I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped tigtly around my body. I opened the door only to see Brian and Celia sitting on my bed. Well, Brian was sitting on the bed and Celia had put her suitcase on the floor, and was showing her socks to Brian, asking him which pair she should wear.

“Purple.” He stated.

“I don’t have purple!” she cried out.

“Well, then, we are going to buy you purple socks.” He said with a nod.

“What am I going to wear then?” she asked, throwing her arms up in despair.

“Drama queen much?” I asked from the doorway. They both turned to look at me.

“Mummy, I don’t have purple underwears, purple socks or purple headband…” she said with a sigh.

“You know Celia, purple isn’t the only color…” I said.

“Yeah, black is a color too.” Said Brian with a nod.

“Brian, it’s a shade, not a color.” I said. “Now, if you don’t mind; I’d like to get dress…” I said, lightly taping my foot on the carpet.

“Oh okay, come on Bri!” she said as she took his hand in one hand and with the other, she dragged her suitcase and they both exited the room. I shook my head and let out a laugh as I grabbed some clothes and got dressed.

**

“Do we really have to?” asked Celia pouting. I starred at her in disbelief.

“Celia! We are going to see Daddy!” I said.

“Well, I don’t wanna leave Bri.” She said, from the backseat.

“You’re going to see Brian afterwards! Don’t you want to see Daddy?” I asked and I sure wasn’t expecting what was coming next.

“Nope, I wanna stay with Brian and Aiden.” She said.

I fall back in my seat, trying not to burst in tears of frustration. What the hell was going on these days?!

“Hey Celia, how about we all stop at the studio to see your father, and then we’re off to see aunty Cha, aunty Ash and aunty Jess, yeah? And afterwards, I’ll buy you purple socks and ice cream, does it sound good to you?” he asked, looking at her in the rearview mirror.

“Yeah!” she screamed, “I love you Bri, you’re the best.”

“I love you too Celia.” He said with a smile and then turned to look at me as we were stopped at a red light.

‘Thank you’ I mouthed. He just smiled, and took the CD out of the player. Aiden groaned.

“I’m tired of hearing myself playing guitar!” said Brian, “Stop whining and let your mother listen to Green Day if she wants to.” He said. I smiled at Brian and then turn to look at Aiden in the backseat.

“Okay, I won’t be too mean… Do you prefer listening to Green Day, My Chemical Romance or Papa Roach?” I asked.

“Green Day.” Said Celia, “Because mummy loves Green Day.” She said. I smiled and looked through Brian’s CD.

“Hey, it’s my CD!” I said as I put Dookie in the player.

“Yeap, you left it in there, so I kept it…” replied Brian.

I skipped until I reached Basket Case and raised the volume.

“you know, it reminds of the time I used to drive you to school…” said Brian, looking at the road.

“Oh yeah, I remember…” I said with a nod. “And you kept pretending you didn’t like Green Day, but you knew all the lyrics and you were singing along.” I added.

“I did ? really?” he faked to be surprised. “Maybe I loved my girlfriend very much and wanted to be nice and let her play her crap in my car.” He said with a teasing smile. I pursed my lips and smacked his arm.

“Liar! You could have told me if you didn’t like it!” I said, trying to ignore the warm feeling that washed over me when he said ‘I loved my girlfriend very much’…

“Yeah, and you would have thrown a fit, telling me that I was always listening to Pantera eventhough you didn’t like it and all that crap.” He said.

“I wouldn’t have done such thing!” I said, pretending to be offended.

“Oh yeah, I can remember a few times when you did that…” he said, again with that teasing smile. I choose not to answer.

“Okay ladies and gentleman, we are here. Let’s bother Good Charlotte a little, shall we?” said Brian as he shut the engine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments on the last chapter :)
I hope you like this chapter.