Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 24.

Do you have the time, to listen to me whine?

I groaned, stirred and my arm hit something hard.

About nothing and everything all at once! I sighed, and tried to roll over, hoping the noise would go away but suddenly, there was nothing around me.

‘Thud’

“Fuck…” I moaned, slowly opening my eyes and trying to grab the ringing phone from the coffee table.

“Yeah?” I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

“Mum, what happened? Are you okay? Are you home?”

“Yeah, why?” I asked, rubbing my neck.
“We are at the door…” yelled Angelina into the phone, and it was followed by a loud ‘BANG’ in the front door.

“Fuck!” I muttered as I hang up and quickly got up, hurrying in the hall. I unlocked the front door and opened it, only to see Aiden and Angelina, looking at me with their chocolate brown eyes.

“I’m sorry kids, I was asleep…” I apologized, stifling a yawn.

Aiden pushed me out of the way and got inside, heading straight to the living room while Angelina hugged me.

“Don’t worry about Aiden, we are coming back from a shopping spree with Nat and Dad.” She explained with a sad smile.

“What time is it?” I asked, stretching my arms above my head.

“11a m.” She said.

I choked.

“What? Oh fuck!” I yelled, running into the living room. I started to gather the tabs and lyrics into a pile. “Oh crap, I over slept.” I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

“What did you do last night?” asked Aiden, eyeing the pile.

“I worked on some stuff” I said, quickly shoving the tabs back in my bag. “I stayed up late, or early in the morning I guess…” I explained, gathering the empty cans of coke and carrying them in the kitchen.

“Damn Mum, you should calm down a little and relax, okay?” said Angelina, taking the trash bag from my hands. “I’ll put that outside, you go and get ready.” She said, pushing me towards the stairs.

“Ready for what?” I asked dumbly, not fully awake.

“We are supposed to go to the beach…” said Angelina, rolling her eyes.

“Oh God, and the bitch is coming along?” I asked, already half way up the stairs.

“Yeah, but she had to go back home because she couldn’t go out dressed like the way she was! But she looks like a fucking hobo anyway!” yelled Aiden from his spot on the couch, obviously not happy.

I winked at Angelina and hurried upstairs, into my lame excuse of a bathroom. The one downstairs was unavailable at the moment, it was where I was keeping the paint and everything.

I took a quick shower, grabbed some underwears, put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt before throwing some stuff I might need in a bag, putting on my flip flops and running down the stairs.

“I’m ready!” I said, leaning against the doorframe. “Or not…” I mumbled, suddenly realizing that I had no bathing suit. “I’ll be right back!” I yelled before running to the stairs.

**

“Mummy!”

I smiled and picked Celia up, kissing her cheek and hugging her against my chest.

“Where the hell were you?” asked Ash, glaring at me from her spot on the sand. I stuck my tongue out and put Celia back down.

“I’m happy to see you too Ashley.” I said, she glared at me as I went over to Jess and Cha, hugging them.

“And me?” she asked, holding out her arms. I ignored her, trying my best not to smile and headed towards my nephew and his father.

“What’s up big bro?” I asked, hugging my brother as my nephew ran towards me. Damn, did I feel loved today!

“Lyn!” he yelled, as I bend down to catch him before he tackled me to the sand.

“What’s up Jason? Did you behave with your mother?” I asked him.

“Sure did! I helped her making sandwiches!” he said proudly. I smiled,

“That’s great! And what did your father do?” I asked him, while looking at Matt.

“Nothing of course.” Jason said, rolling his eyes. I high fived him and got back on my feet with a big smile on my face.

“So, you’re not helping my lovely sister-in-law?” I asked him, “That’s so not nice.” I said. Matt sighed.

“I was loading the car with all the sh.. stuff.” He replied and I just smiled. Sometimes, bugging Matt was too much fun.

“What’s up Val?” I asked, sitting down next to her as she was building a sand castle with Lily and Celia while Jason and Danger were sitting not far away, probably waiting to jump on it and make the two young girls cry.

“Hey Adeline!” she said, smiling.

“Where is everyone?” I asked, realizing that the only male here was my brother.

“They went to buy beers, and other stuff and a volley ball.” She explained, rubbing her growing belly.
I nodded and lay down, resting on my elbows.

“So, Matt told me you went to the doctor recently…” I started.

“Yeap, yeap! Everything’s fine, the baby is healthy.” She said, a bright smile enlightening her face. I grinned.

“That’s great.”

“And you, how are you?” she asked, letting the girls play as she turned to face me.

“I’m good, a little tired because I tend to do too many things at the same time, but fine.” I replied, yawning.

“When can I visit your new home?” she asked.

“Wow, hum… Not before a few weeks, because of the paint and stuff, not good for the baby.” I said frowning. She sighed.

“You remind me of Matt… Don’t do this because of the baby, and do that and blah!” she muttered. I chuckled.

“It’s only for the best, and he isn’t always behind your back, at least you can do sandwiches without his help!”

“Or not… I had to wait until he was outside, loading stuff in the car so I could get up from the couch and actually do something!” she protested, rolling her eyes. I smiled, looking at my brother who was glancing at Val every two seconds, while talking with the girls.

Wait, where are Aiden and Angelina?

In a heartbeat, I was on my feet, looking around.

“Where are they?” I asked, my eyes wide. Sure, they were both 16 and stuff, but I hated it when I couldn’t see them and had no idea where they had run off…

“Val, have you seen the twins?” I asked her, looking towards the ocean.

“Last time I saw them, they were with Matt.” She said, frowning. I didn’t try to think, I just ran towards Matt.

“Where are they?” I asked, cutting him off in the middle of whatever he was saying.

“They said they had something to do by the cars.” Said Matt, pointing towards the lot. I took off running at full speed. I wasn’t watching where I was going, I just wanted to find them. I know I was probably over-reacting there, but fuck it.

Suddenly I hit something and I fell on my butt. A hand shot up in front of me.
“Did you miss me that much?”

I grinned as I recognized the voice and threw my arms around him once I was back on my feet. He chuckled and kissed my hair.

“What’s up Dad?” I asked, letting go of my old man.

“Nothing much, Aiden and Angelina are helping us taking the cooler out of the car. I slapped my forehead.

“For fuck sake, I was worried!” I muttered, glaring at my kids from over his shoulder, he chuckled.

“Well you know how cool your mother is now, she decided to send a text to Aiden, asking him to come help us.” He explained with a smile, I sighed.

“Hey Mum!” I said, wrapping my arms around her. “I forgot you were coming, what is it? A big family gathering on the beach or something?” I asked, taking the basket from her hand. She chuckled.

“Kind of, everyone is leaving for tour soon so we’re trying to spend some times together.” She explained and I nodded. Damn, what was she carrying in that basket!?

“Hey Mum, you’re here!” said Angelina, holding some towels, with Aiden following her, holding the cooler.

“Never ran off like that again.” I said, looking at them both. “I was freaking out when I couldn’t find you.”

“Sorry!” they both said and we all made our way back to the beach. We dropped everything next to the girls and my mother started to install the towels, with Aiden’s help. I smiled. I loved to see him like this, I wish he could be like this more often, but the problem was a very blond and bitchy person named Nathalie. I couldn’t blame him for hating her since I pretty much despised her too…

“Daddy!”

I glanced at the two girls, wondering which one had screamed when I felt arms wrapping around my waist and turning me around. I smiled and kissed Billy, wrapping my arms around him.

“Where were you?” I asked him, resting my forehead against his.

“With the guys, buying beers and other things.” He said before pecking my lips and letting me go.

“Hey what’s up Billy!” said Aiden, doing the ‘man hug’ kind of thing with him. I blinked. I would probably never get used to this, after years of Aiden loathing Billy, it was such a change. A nice one.

“Billy!” cheered Angelina, getting up from her spot next to Jess and hugged him. “Nice to see ya!” she said, pulling away from the hug just as Celia ran to us. She got a hold of Billy’s hand and started dragging him towards the sandcastle she had built with Val, Lily and I guess Matt too since he was now sitting with his wife.

“Hey what’s up hot stuff?”

I rolled my eyes,
“Benji, nice to see you too.” I chuckled, hugging him and then the rest of Good Charlotte, along with a very pregnant Nicole, and Harlow and Beverley. Damn, it was going to be one hell of a gathering…

“No way?! Is that who I think it is?” asked a man, wearing a baseball cap and an A7x sleeveless shirt. I smiled.

“Nice to see you too Berry!” I chuckled, patting his head. He laughed and engulfed me in a hug.

“Where did you disappear? I’ve been here for a while and I didn’t see you!” I said, hugging his brother.

“We went to Japan. We thought it could be fun, so we bought tickets.” Matt B explained. I just shook my head, smiling.

Then I was engulfed in a hug by the rest of Avenged Sevenfold, minus Brian and Nathalie. Thank God, the bitch hadn’t arrived yet.

“Papa Gates!”

“S’up Adeline? Are you done with the painting yet?” he asked, hugging me.

“No, not yet. Still plenty of things to do.” I said, running a hand through my hair.

“Hey Suzy!” I greeted, waving at her. She smiled and waved back, she was surrounded by Angelina and Aiden. “Where’s McKenna?” I asked, looking at Papa Gates.

“She had to go back to Florida, an emergency of some sort.” He said. I pouted.

“Ah, don’t worry. She made me promise to tell you that she would come back to see you soon.” He said.

“She better!” I said smiling before heading towards Billy, who was talking with Val and Matt. I let myself fall next to Billy, I put his arm around my shoulder and snuggled close to him, resting my head on his chest and closing my eyes, sighing softly.

“Now don’t wake me up until it’s time to eat.” I said. I heard several chuckles and I knew it was from Val, Billy and my lovely brother.

I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep, lullied by Billy’s steady breathing and his heartbeat. I wasn’t paying much attention to their conversation. I wrapped my arms tighter around his waist, enjoying the warmth he was providing me when my nap was rudely interrupted.

“Oh my God! My feet are killing me!” came an annoying, high pitched voice. I winced and unwrapped my arms from Billy, covering my ears, too lazy to get up and leave.

“Well, that happens when you’re pregnant.” Said Val.

“Yeah, but it’s annoying.” She said. “Oh Brian, I forgot my purse in the car…” she said.

“I’ll go get it.” He offered.

“Nah, just ask one of the brats to go. I want you to stay with me.” She said. My eyes shot open, and not even Billy’s arms could stop me from getting up. In two seconds I was on my feet, starring down at her.

“Oh, hey Lyn! I didn’t saw you.” She said, showing her perfect teeth I’d so love knock out of her mouth.

“Well, I heard you.” I spat. “My children aren’t wrapped around your finger, you want your purse, well you got legs, use them.” I said, before walking off. Damn, she’d been her for what, 2 minutes and she already was being bitchy. I mean, she called them brats. I swear, if she wasn’t Brian’s girlfriend I’d love to slap her across the face.

I clenched and unclenched my fists, and let myself fall on Ash’s lap, resting my head on her shoulder.

“So what now? You actually care about me huh?” asked Ash, with a smile.

“You know I love you…” I said, kissing her cheek. She grinned. “Otherwise I wouldn’t be working on new tabs for your sorry ass…” I added. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me to death. I laughed.

“I think I’m ready to record a couple of songs.” I said, sitting up and looking at the girls.

“Awe-fucking-some!” cheered Ash, throwing her arms in the air and nearly hitting me in the face. I glared at her, she just ignored me. “You, me, tonight. At the studio.” She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Yeap, she’s definitely Jimmy’s other-half, no question about that.

“Sure, after the whole gathering thing is over, we go our separate ways and we met up at the studio.” Said Cha, ignoring Ash’s faces she was making. Who gave her sugar?!

“Woowoot party time!” she yelled in a sing song voice. I groaned and cover my ears.

“That’s my girl!” yelled Jimmy, hurrying towards us and opening the cooler, taking out beers for everyone as they all started to gather around us, including the bitch. Jimmy was passing the beers to Johnny who was giving one to everyone.

“No, not you.” Said Brian taking the beer out of Nat’s hand and giving it back to Johnny.

“And why that?” she asked, trying to sound important or whatever. The key word was trying.

“You’re pregnant, which means no alcohol.” I said, taking a sip of my own bottle before taking the one Johnny was still holding and passed it to Aiden and asked Jimmy for an other one, which I gave to Angelina.

“And the reason why they can drink?” she asked, with attitude this time.

“They are my children, they are under my responsibility and they can hold alcohol. It’s only a beer and this is none of your business.” I stated, calmly.

“Brian!” she whined.

“She’s right baby, they are under control and they aren’t drinking Jack Daniels, it’s just a beer.” Said Brian. She huffed.

“Yeah well, it starts with a beer, and then they will end up in the streets. I mean, come on… They’re bound to end up like their mother.” She said, sticking her nose up.
In a heartbeat, Aiden was on his feet, standing over Nat with a murderous expression on his face.
“You.do.not.talk.like.that.to.the.woman.who.gave.me.birth.” he stated, his voice cold and detaching each words. “One more reflection like that and I will make sure you’ll die in an awful death, my own hands squeezing your throat, got it?”

“Aiden.” I said simply. I had gotten up, my hand was resting on his shoulder, holding him back as everyone was staring at him. He took a step back, sighed heavily, and left. He went to sit further away from the group. Without a word, both Billy and Matt got up, along with Angelina as they went to sit with him. I wanted to smile. Billy was such a sweetheart.

“Brat.”

My vision turned red, in one swift movement, I turned around.

‘SLAP’

Every single person here was holding their breath. Watching back and forth between me and Nat. My hand was still up, and she was holding her cheek.

“This is my final warning.” I stated. “Either you start respecting me and my kids, either you are out of here. I will not put up with your shit anymore.”

“Brian!” she whined. It felt like a déjà-vu.

“And stop calling for Brian all the goddamn time! Brian,” I said, facing him. “Get your bitch on a leash, either that or you will not see the kids ever again.” I threatened, his face went pale. “I really don’t want to go that far, but her behavior is hurting everyone here. I will not let a slut talk shit about my kids, and you seem to have no problem when she’s calling your children brats. Your time to compromise. Either you talk to her, or we are going back to the East Coast.” I said, trying my best not to raise my voice. I could feel everyone eyes on me, and I couldn’t care less. That was the final blow.

“You can’t do that to Bri!” she said, standing up.

“I do want the fuck I want you cunt!” I yelled, “That guy here isn’t their father, he is your servant, always running up to you when you whistle. He can’t even have a decent time with his kids because your stuck up ass is always here, making their life a misery.”

She huffed. I clenched my fist but immediately unclenched it. She was pregnant after all.

“You’re just jealous I’m pregnant and you can’t. Well, that’s a relief really, because we wouldn’t want anymore freaks like Aiden walking this earth.” She spat, a smirk on her face. I jumped on her, but was caught back by Matt.

“Leave, now.” He boomed, holding my arms behind my back.

Brian got up, wrapped his arm around her waist and left the group, quickly glancing at Aiden on his way back to the parking lot.

“Bitch!”

I turned my head to see Celia throwing a rock in direction of Nat, an angry expression on her face. I chuckled. That seemed to ease the tension and everyone started talking, chuckling or grumbling.

“Did I told you recently that I love you?” breathed Billy in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kissed my temple. “But you kind of scare me when you do that.” He added. I chuckled.

“Sorry, but she was pushing my buttons.” I said, turning my head to peck his lips as I went to sit with our big assembly.

“Sorry about the outburst guys…” I apologized before sitting down between Matt and Aiden who had joined us again, a proud smile on his face.

“It’s okay, I covered Jason’s ears.” Said Val, smiling at me. I smiled back. A beer was passed to me:

“To Adeline who put the bi… bison back in her place!” cheered Jimmy. Everyone else cheered and the lunch went like that, talking, joking and catching up with all our friends. Sure, I was a little bummed that Brian had taken Nat’s side, but I decided to put that thought aside and enjoy myself for once.

We stayed at the beach until late. The sun had already disappeared when we decided that we should go home.

We all hugged and went our separate ways. Billy and the rest of GC headed back to L.A. The girls and their husbands and kids went back home, not before reminding me to show up at the studio later. My parents took the twins and Celia back to their place. And Papa Gates and Suzy went back to their house, not after apologizing a hundred times about Brian’s behavior, telling me how right I was to have put Nat back in her place.

It was with a bright smile on my face that I drove back to my place, deciding to get ready for one hell of a night…

**

“Oh my God, Adeline Sanders I’m declaring my eternal love to you!” yelled Ash. She was knelled down in front of me, her forehead resting on the carpet. I laughed, maybe we shouldn’t have given her the JD bottle.

“We all hail Lyn, woot!” yelled Jess, raising her glass in the air before downing the shot. I glanced worriedly at Cha.

“Please, tell me they did not drive here.” I asked her, worried.

“Nope, I’m the designated driver.” She said, smiling reassuringly and I sighed in relief. I got up and went to put the guitar back in place.

“Okay girls, it’s…” I looked at the clock. “3 a.m. Time to go back home.” I said, getting Ash back on her feet.

“Your phone is ringing!” said Cha, holding me the ringing machine. I frowned, who could be calling me at this hour? I looked at the caller I.D.

Brian

“What the hell does he want at this hour?” I wondered aloud.

“Who is it?” asked Cha as we managed to drag both Ash and Jess out of the studio.

“Brian…” I replied, pocketing the phone.

“Woot! Gates! He realized he loves you and wants to get you baa_aack!” yelled Ash.

“Shut up!” I muttered, helping her to Cha’s car.

“Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!” she yelled, pointing at something over my shoulder. Something was sitting down next to my car. I frowned and let Ash alone, walking carefully towards the car.

“Be careful!” yelled Jess, worried.

The shadow moved and tried to get up, stumbling.

What the hell… I thought just as the person walked into the light. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

“Brian?” I asked, unsure.

As an answer to my question, he fell down on his knees and broke down in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had so much fun writing this chapter =D
One of my favourite so far..
Hope you'll like it. and thank you! for commenting, you're all made of pure awesomness! XD