Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 6.

“Seriously Aiden, what are you going to do huh?” I asked, walking next to him as we were walking on the beach with Cha, Jess and Ash who were just walking a little ahead of us.

“You will see…” he said with a wicked smile. I ran and stood in front of him, stopping him.

“Listen to me Aiden, if you are going to do anymore harm to Mum than you already did then I’m not following you, okay? I think I deserve to know what you have in mind, and also what happened with the therapist today.” I said, putting my hands on my hip and glaring at him. He rolled his eyes.

“I promise I’ll explain everything later okay? I just need to know, do you want Mum to replaced Nathalie: yes or not?”

I eyed him suspiciously, “In Perfect Nightmare’?”

“No; in Dad’s bed! Duh!” he replied, rolling his eyes.

“I knew it!” I muttered, pointing at him accusingly.

“Chill out Angie, I was only joking! Of course in ‘Perfect Nightmare’!” he quickly said, holding up his hands in surrender.

“Okay, then. As long as it doesn’t involve a gun or any weapon…” I mumbled.

“No weapons, I promise. Just lot of talking, and bad timing.” He said and that same wicked grin made its way on my brother’s face.

**

I was sitting on my bed, reading the lyrics of the first Perfect Nightmare CD while listening to it. It felt weird to hear my own mother sing. I loved her voice though, and the lyrics were just awesome. Like it kind of helped me understand her better.
I was currently listening to the first version of ‘Turn Around’ and it was nothing in comparison of Nathalie’s version. Aiden was sitting on the other side of the bed, obviously lost in his thoughts. He has been acting weirdly since we came back and he still hadn’t told me about the therapist…

There was a knock on the door,
“Come in!” I yelled over the music.

The door opened and Dad stood there, his smile falling as he heard the song. He quickly regained his composure and smiled at us.
“Dinner’s ready!” he said and then left. I stopped the music and jumped off the bed, almost running downstairs as my stomach started to grumble.

Aiden didn’t follow me straight away, he went to his room first and then he took the sit opposite me. I saw him poured himself a glass of water and the grabbed something from under the table. He popped something in his mouth and drank some water and then acted like nothing had happened. I narrowed my eyes at him but he ignored me and started talking with Dad about the tour, trying to get details about the dates and such.

What the hell did he just take?

I got up, pretending to go and help Nathalie when in fact I just tried to steal a glance at what Aiden was keeping underneath the table. No luck.

“Angelina?”

I was shaken out of my daze as Nathalie handed me the bowl of salad. I gave her a weak smile and headed back to the table. I glared at Aiden, I hated it when he was keeping things from me. I was his twin sister and we were like best friends, what the hell was wrong with him?

I stayed silent during dinner, Dad and Aiden were the only one to talk and sometimes Nathalie was joining in the conversation. I was barely listening but the few times I was focused enough to hear them, it sounded like Aiden was trying to persuade our father to let us go on tour with them. I paid no attention at all. My mind was focused on one thing and only one. What the hell happened with the therapist today?

I got up first and asked Nathalie to leave the table. She nodded with a small smile. I grabbed my plate, glass, fork and knife and put everything in the dishwasher before heading straight to my room. I grabbed my PJs from under my pillow, and my bag of toiletries before going to the bathroom. I was pissed off at my brother. He had been completely ignoring me during the whole dinner. I did my business, flush the toilets, washed my hands brushed my teeth, washed my face, got changed and walked back in my room. I slammed the door shut behind me, letting everyone know that I was happy. Then I threw myself on the bed and grabbed the grey remote, pressing the play button. Mum’s voice started to fill the air and I relaxed, listening to her voice and the music.

After a while, I finally got under the covers and rested my head on the pillow, sighing softly. I hated it there, Mum was on the other side of the country, Celia and Billy were in L.A, Dad was with Aiden and Aiden was ignoring me. I felt alone. I wanted Mum, I needed my mother here. I wanted to understand what was going on around me, it felt like I was keep in darkness, not having a clue of what was happening. With a deep sigh, I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep, hoping tomorrow would be better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments!