Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 7.

I opened her door and slowly crept inside, hoping she was still awake so I could explain to her what was going on. I sat on the edge of her bed and saw that she was fast asleep, her hands clutching her pillow, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Angie?” I whispered my hand on her forehead. She let out a deep sighed but said nothing. She wasn’t going to wake up anytime soon.

“I’m sorry Angie, I can’t really tell you what’s going on. But you’ll see I’ll get better real soon and Mum will come back.” I whispered, running my hand through her hair. “And Celia will stay with us too. I promise, I’ll fix everything up, I just need some time but you’ll see everything will fall back into place and it will be as if Mum had never left.” I whispered, pressing my lips to her forehead. I got up and walked out of her room, careful not to wake her up. I walked to my room, hearing Dad and Nathalie speaking in the kitchen. There was no need to be a genius to know what they were talking about. Us, Brian’s children. I sighed and closed the door behind me. I rubbed my face and took the little box out of my pocket and placed it on the bedside table, with two others. One for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner. The Dr said it should be enough for the moment. I took off my T-shirt and tossed it to the floor, along with my jeans and socks and slide under the sheets. My head rested on the pillow as I laid on my side, watching those three boxes that contained the medication that was going to help me put my life back on tracks.

**

Two days later.

“Come on Aiden, let’s go swimming!” said Celia, tugging at her older brother’s hand.

“I can’t Celia, there’s too much sun.” he whispered, a sad smile on his lips.

“But there’s sun screen!” she said, handing him the bottle.

“It’s not about sunscreen Celia.” Angelina whispered, picking up Celia in her arms. “Aiden is taking medications and he can’t go under the sun." she tried to explain.

“Are you okay?” asked Celia, her eyes wide when she heard that her older brother was taking medications.

“Yeah, I’m fine munchkin. Now go swimming with Angie and everyone else.” He said, waving at his younger sister and blowing her a kiss. He lay down on his towel and rubbed his temples. He closed his eyes and was about to fell asleep when a phone went off, distracting him. He searched for the phone threw everyone’s clothes and finally found his father’s cell phone. Without looking at the caller ID, he took the call.

“Brian?”

“Mum?”

There was a loud sigh on the other end.

“Hello Aiden, may I speak to your father please?”

“Sure, hold on.” He said as he took off running towards the shore and waved at his father who was playing in the water with Perfect Nightmare, Good Charlotte and the rest of Avenged Sevenfold. Brian ran out of the water, grabbed the towel Aiden was handing him and then took the phone.

“Yeah?”

“Oh hi Lyn, what’s up?” he asked, a look of surprise crossing his features.

“Nothing much Brian, I was really busy with the label. I hadn’t checked my phone for a while and saw that you left a message. It seems pretty urgent so I called you back.” she explained.

“Oh yeah” he said before walking away, drying his hair with the towel with one hand while he was holding the phone in the other. “I just called to let you know how Aiden’s appointment with the therapist went.” He said, he heard Lyn sighing on the other end.

“Listen Brian, I don’t wanna sound rude or anything but I’m really busy at the moment, the label is taking every ounce of my attention and I don’t have time to listen to that kind of bullshit okay?” she muttered. Lyn had the phone blocked between her shoulder and her ear as she was up on a ladder, looking through some files that were stocked on the top shelves in her desk room in her apartment.

“Lyn it is important.” He whispered. “It’s Aiden’s we are talking about and I know you don’t want anything to do with Aiden anymore but he’s your son and I think you have the right to know that he is taking mediations now to improve his behavior.” Brian explained.

“He’s taking what?” Lyn yelled into the phone just as she lost her balance and fell off the ladder.

“Lyn!” yelled Brian as he heard the noise of the files falling down and the ladder hitting the floor, getting up from the sand and hurrying back to his friends.

“Oï…” she whimpered, “what were you saying?”

“Lyn, are you okay?” asked Brian into the phone, holding up his hand as Matt was trying to talk to him.

“I think my ankle is twist, but that doesn’t matter. What did you say about Aiden?”

“That he was taking pills to improve, to keep his calm or whatever. Are you sure you didn’t broke it?”

“Brian!” she snapped, “I don’t give a fuck whether my ankle is twisted or broken, what kind of pills is he taking, what’s the name?”

“I… I don’t know!” he stammered, “Why does it matter?”

“Why does it matter?! My son is fucking allergic to some of the composing in medications! He might just die at any moment if he takes one of those! What’s the name of those fucking pills he is taking?”

“I have no idea Lyn! The doctor said it was experimental. But so far he’s been okay.” Said Brian, rubbing his neck and looking down at his feet.

“I trust you Brian, if Aiden starts to act weirdly or anything that’s inhabitual, please take him to the hospital.” she said slowly, and letting out deep sigh. As she rubbed her forehead, her eyes closed, trying to forget the pain.

“Lyn, are you sure you’re alright? Do you want me to call Billy?” said Brian, looking around trying to find Billy who was swimming with Celia.

“Brian, think for a second. Billy is right here with you, what do you want him to do when he’s in California and I’m on the East Coast? Nothing. Now that you told me what you needed to, I’ll hang up. Thanks for letting me know about Aiden. Bye.”

Brian opened his mouth to protest but no sound came out as she had already hanged up. He walked up to where his son was sitting and threw his phone on the pile of clothes before sitting down next to his son.

“Your mother is quite a phenomenon.» he said, running his hand through his hair and glancing at his son who had his arms wrapped around his knees and his head resting on top of them, looking at the ocean.

“Yeap, she’s Mum. Sanders, that’s enough to explain it all.” He said with a sad smile.

“You’re a Sanders too.”

“Yeap, Sanders and Haner, that just doesn’t mix well. See, I’m fucked up. I tried to shot my own mother with my father’s gun…” he muttered, his face hardening as he remembered the scene. He dug a hand in his pocket and pulled out a box. He took out a blue pill and popped it into his mouth before grabbing the water bottle and swallowing the pill.

“Your mother said that you were allergic to some chemical composites…” started Brian.

“I made sure those pills were okay.” Replied Aiden, sighing. “I know Mum wouldn’t really appreciate it if she had to fly all the way from Baltimore to be at my funeral because my heart would have stopped beating or some shit of the kind. I’m not that stupid.” He muttered.

“Your mother doesn’t hate you as much as she is pretending to.” Whispered Brian, looking at his son. “She fell off something when I told hr you were taking pills and she started yelling at me because I was asking about her ankle instead of telling her what you were taking because, and I quote: ‘My son is fucking allergic to some of the composing in medications! He might just die at any moment if he takes one of those! What’s the name of those fucking pills he is taking!’” explained Brian. A small smile found is way on Aiden’s face.

“That’s just so like Mum.” He whispered and Brian nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
All my apologies for the crappyness of this chapter ><
I'll try to post an other one tomorrow to make up for this one, but it will depends of the results of the exams. Yeap, today's the big day ><" and also the last chapter of Move Along, story by CharmedAngel will be post, not to forget that july 7th is also Brian's birthday...
Okay, enough rambling now.
and again, sorry for the crappyness ^^"
and thank you all for the comments on the previous chapter =D