Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 8.

“Aiden? Wake up buddy! We’re here.” Whispered Brian as he shook his son awake and got out of the car, waiting for his son.

Aiden was supposed to have an other appointment with the therapist. Angelina was staying at home with Nathalie and was baby-sitting Celia.

It has been a week since Lyn’s phone call and Brian hadn’t heard from her since then. It was the third appointment with the therapist, he decided that he needed to see Aiden twice a week.

Angelina had been rather quiet these past few days, and Aiden was sleeping most of the time. The house that had been so full of laughs was now silent, just like it was back when it was only Nathalie and him. Brian let out a deep sigh as he let himself fall into one of those very uncomfortable chairs and grabbed a magazine from the little table. The magazine was old, the corners of the pages were turned and the colors on the cover were fading. Too many people had been staying there and read that shit: thought Brian as he started flickering through it, to keep his mind occupied, to keep himself from thinking of how hard it was to be a father with two teenagers and the mother on the other side of the country. He could only imagine what it would have been like for Lyn. But at least, Aiden and Angelina were nice to Nathalie, that hadn’t been the case with Billy.
Flickering more through the pages, he realized that it wasn’t some gossip magazine like he thought it was but some music one.
He stopped to look at some of the pictures, not really paying attention as he was trying to hear something through the huge wooden door that lead to the Dr Weaspon’s office.

Finally, his attention got caught by a huge inscription written up on a double page.
The REMEMBER TOUR!

He couldn’t help the smile that found its way on his face as he looked at the pictures below. Old pictures, from the tour with Good Charlotte, Avenged Sevenfold and Perfect Nightmare. His smile turned into a grin as he watched the picture where Perfect Nightmare was standing on stage. Lyn was playing guitar and singing while gazing at Cha with a genuine smile on her face. He missed those times. They were going back on tour in about a month or less but it wouldn’t be the same, he knew it. As much as he loved Nathalie with all his heart, she wasn’t Lyn. She couldn’t be Lyn even if she tried her hardest to. No one could imitate Lyn when she was on stage, facing the crowd.

Nathalie had the tendency to think that the crowd was here just for her, when Lyn knew damn well they were just the support band for Good Charlotte but it never stopped her from doing her best.

A sad smile took place on Brian’s face as he traced the outline of one of his favorite picture from that tour. The one where it was just Lyn, Billy and the guys from Avenged Sevenfold. From left to right it was Johnny, Zacky, Billy, Brian, Matt and Jimmy and they were holding Lyn in their outstretched arms. Lyn was grinning from ear to ear, holding a can of Coke in one hand and with the other, was holding at Brian’s bicep, trying not to fall.

The REMEMBER TOUR was going to be very different… That was a certainty. With a sigh, Brian closed the magazine and threw it back on the table. He leant back on the plastic chair and closed his eyes, trying to get some rest just as the door opened and the old bald man with glasses asked Brian to come inside.

**

“I need to do this.” Whispered Brian to himself as he slowly got out of his car and locked it. Aiden had already rushed inside. Nathalie appeared at the doorway, her blond hair falling past her shoulder and a smile on her face. Brian gave a weak smile in reply and led her to the kitchen where he closed the door and took a sit at the wooden table, imitated seconds later by Nathalie who had a worried expression on her face.

“Brian, what’s wrong?” she asked as she grabbed his hand and held it in her small ones. He let out a deep sigh and looked up to meet his fiancée’s blue gaze.

“The therapist said that Aiden would not do any progress.” He whispered, still taken aback by the news. Nathalie let out an exaggerated sigh and her mouth fell agape but Brian took no notice, too deep in his thoughts. “He said that Aiden needs to sort things out with Lyn, the medications are only here to help him control his temper.” He explained. Nathalie nodded.

“I don’t know what to do, I feel like I failed at being a father. Ever since Lyn left, it’s all going down. Aiden is sleeping like 20 hours of the day, Angelina is really quiet and tries to spend as much time with her sister… I mean, how am I supposed to deal with that? They don’t even talk to me, try to explain to me what’s going on through their heads!” he mumbled, dropping his head in his arms.

“You know Bri, Lyn deals with this all the time…” she said softly.

“She’s not here now.” He whispered, sighing deeply.

“Well, bring her back.” She said simply.

“Excuse me? What do you mean?”

“Just get in a plane, go to Baltimore, explain the situation to Lyn and stay there as long as it takes for you to get her to come back to California…” she offered.

“But that might take weeks!” groaned Brian, rubbing his forehead.

“You obviously can’t deal with this on your own Brian. And it’s not that I like Lyn that much or anything, but she’s the person to call in those situations. I know she’s pissed off at her son but in the state he is in, he could just fell asleep one day and never woke up.” She explained, getting up and walking out of the kitchen.

Brian blinked a few times. Nathalie was right, Lyn was the only one who could solve this mess he had gotten himself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, here's the new chapter! XD
I hope you'll like it! If not, well I'm sorry! lol
Excuse my rambling, but I'm just fucking happy! I got my results and I passed! I'm fucking done with highschool now people! And you know why I passed? Because I'm spending all my free-time writting in English and that got me to have the best marks in my class! So yeah, thank you Mibba!
Oh and you know what, now it's official! I'm going to see Green Day XD Woot!
Okay, I'm going to calm down now ^^"
THANK YOU everyone for reading and commenting, I love you all!
<3