Sequel: Let Your Heart Win
Status: Complete - check out the sequel...

The Only One Who Needs to Know

Chapter 1

“Who’s this idiot you’ve got working the door today?” Cali asked into the receiver of her cell phone.

“Cali? What are you talking about? Where are you?” her shocked dad replied from the other end.

“I’m outside, it is tonight you’re playing Berlin right?” she replied.

“Yeah. Outside? You mean you’re here?” he asked in total confusion.

“Surprise! But this guy that’s on the door doesn’t know who I am so he won’t let me in without a pass. Is he one of your guys?” she said glaring up at the guy who was stopping her enter the venue. All he could do was smile back at her.

“Hang on.” He dad replied and she heard him talk to someone in the background.

“Put him on.” He said talking to her again. Cali extended her arm and offered the phone to the man in front of her.

“Thor, hey, it’s ok, she’s my daughter, show her up.” She heard her dad tell the man.

“Oh, ok sorry James, but I’ve gotta be careful ya know.” He replied before handing the phone back to Cali.

“Thor’s going to show you up, see you in a second.” James said before hanging up.

“Sorry about that.” Thor said as he began to guide Cali through the maze of corridors to the back stage area of the venue.

“Don’t worry about it, I was just a bit shocked not to see Warren on the door.” Cali replied with a smile as they approached a large white door marked “BACKSTAGE.”

As soon as she stepped through the door Cali spotted her father and took off, running towards his open arms which embraced her in a hug as he spun her around.

“Ahh, Dad careful, mind the ink.” She yelped as his embrace caught her left arm, at the spot where her most recent tattoo was situated.

“More ink?” her dad said in disbelief but with a faint smile. He was always in two minds about his daughters’ tattoos. He didn’t really like the idea of her spoiling her beautiful body with them, but she always seemed to choose tattoos that were just as beautiful as herself; that showed off the person she was; that enhanced her beauty rather than hindered it. And at the end of the day who was he to argue with her considering the tattoos that he had covering the various parts of his body.

“Two since I last saw you. Or it is three? Have you seen the Tinker Bell one?” she asked and he shook his head.

“No, that’s the one you sent me a picture of. So come on then, let’s see them.” He said taking a step back.

Cali smiled up at him before turning around and removed the hoodie she was wearing to reveal the Tinker Bell tattoo she had on her right shoulder blade.

“Very nice. And the other two?” he asked.

“I got a Deathbat on my wrist.” She said showing him her right wrist, holding her left arm behind her back.

“Again nice, the guys will like that.” He said nodding his head.

“Come on, what’s on your left arm?” he asked with a worried smile.

Slowly Cali pulled her left arm forward and turned to the side so that her dad could see the newest tattoo that was still a little red as she’d only had it done two days previous. She smiled as she watched her dad’s jaw drop and his eyes widen.

“Do you like it?” she asked quietly gauging his reaction.

“Baby girl I love it, it’s amazing.” He said just as a door opened behind them and male laughter filled the room.

“Good, cos I did it to show everyone how proud I am of my dad. To show everyone how much you mean to me.” she replied as her dad continued to study the black and gray portrait of himself.

“Cali? Hey, what are you doing here?” Lars asked as he approached them.

“Hey Lars, I just thought that seeing that you’re here in Germany I’d come and see the show.” She replied as he looked at the tattoo that her father was still studying.

“Hey, new tat? It’s wicked, but why would you want to go spoil yourself with that ugly old face?” he said causing James to glare at him for a second.

“We’re going to be sound checking soon. Are you watching the show from the stage or floor?” James asked Cali.

“Dad. Do you really have to ask?” Cali replied raising an eyebrow. James rolled his eyes as Lars began to laugh.

“Ok, but I can’t help but worry about my daughter being down in the mosh pit.” He replied.

“It’s his right to worry.” Lars said placing a hand on her shoulder. Cali smiled and returned her eyes to her father.

“Dad, how many mosh pits have I been in now? I can handle myself better than most of the two hundred pounds, six foot men out there.” She said as her father rolled his eyes.

“I know, but I can still worry right?” he said widening his eyes.

“I guess so.” She replied giving him a hug. "Alright if I hang out here while you sound check?"

"Of course, help yourself to the beers." her dad replied.

“So when are you coming home to Orange County?” Lars asked as she took a beer and sat down on one of the sofas.

“Pretty soon hopefully.” Cali replied just as the doors at the other end of the room opened and a group of man came through laughing and talking. Cali looked up at them and recognised them immediately. They were one of her favourite new bands and was one of the reasons she wanted to see the show, She's seen them play live when they'd first started out and she wanted to see if they were still amazing live. They were Avenged Sevenfold.

They walked towards the table and sofas, each glancing across at Cali with questioning looks. She smiled up at each of them as she continued her conversation with Lars.

“I should know if I’ve got the job-”

“Hey there beautiful, I’m Johnny Christ.” Cali looked up to see Johnny stood in front of her with a cocky grin on his face.

“Hey, I’m Cali Hetfield.” She replied with a broad smile. Through the corner of her eye she could see her dad glaring murderously at him.

“Hetfield?” Zack yelled causing Cali to divert her attention to where he was stood eating some of the food.

“Yes.” Cali replied simply with an innocent smile. She noticed the five guys glance between her and her dad.

“As in…” Johnny asked looking confused.

“As in my eldest daughter.” James called from his seat.

“Shit” Johnny muttered under his breath before walking away from Cali to join the rest of the guys. Cali couldn’t help but giggle. That wasn’t the first guy she’d freak out that way.

“Sound check guys!” a large man bellowed from the door.

“I’ve gotta go, I’ll see you later.” James said as he got up and ruffling Cali’s hair.

Cali nodded with a beaming smile as she watched him walk towards the door before getting up to get something to eat.

“Nice ink.” A voice said from beside her as she randomly picked up food from the buffet. She looked up to see Matt stood next to her admiring her tattoos.

“Thanks, I love yours too.” Cali replied glancing over his bare arms.

“Is that your dad?” Brian, who was stood next to Matt, asked pointing at her newest tattoo. She nodded and looked up into his chocolate eyes. Damn those eyes were more mesmerising in reality than in any photo she’d seen of him.

“Hey you’re a fan as well!” Matt interrupted her gaze, pointing at her Deathbat tattoo. She looked down at it and smiled.

“Yeah, since the beginning. I actually saw you guys when you played Chain Reaction, one of your first shows.” She replied.

“Really, wow, a die hard fan.” Brian replied impressed. Cali shrugged her shoulders as she took a bite out of a chicken dipper.

“So you’re watching the show?” Zack asked joining the group. Cali looked up at him.

“No, I thought I’d stay backstage and listen from here!” she said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. Zack stared back at her dumfounded as Brian and Matt giggled besides him.

“Sorry, I get my sarcastic nature for my mother.” Cali said smiling at Zack.

“Yeah I used to have to deal with Fran and Cali’s sarcasm before she moved to Europe.” James said as he walked back into the room.

“You live in Germany?” Matt asked and Cali nodded her head.

“Yeah for about a year now. I’ve been studying and working around Europe for the past five years. But I’m hopefully going to be moving back to Cali in a couple of months.” She explained, each of the guys looking at her impressed.

“Yeah, finally! Here’s a pass for you to get back here later ok.” James said putting the pass around her neck and placing a kiss on her temple.

“Cool, I’ll see you later.” She smiled broadly studying the laminated pass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I reposted this mainly to put the link for the outfit in!
But, after a week, it is this story out of the three that got the best response so I will hopfully be posting the second chapter at sometime over the weekend :)

For those of you who don't know, I had three new stories but I couldn't decide which one I want to post first. So I decided to post the first chapter of each one and the one that got the best response for got priority and the others will be put on hiatus until further notice.

So, if you're reading this for the first time and you want to check out the other two here are the links:

Love Is A Losing Game

We Only Have Each Other

Oh and this is my newest one shot if you haven't read it yet A Girl Called Kill