‹ Prequel: A Horrible Romance

A Unique and Torn Romance

Introduction

I focus on eating my lunch – my boring, school-cafeteria food.
Frank is chatting away on his phone. He never really talks to me. If he did, then he’d realize how lonely I am.
My brother graduated last year along with Ray. Ray got into the local college, while Gerard got a scholarship to an art school in New York. He moved out about two months ago. Not only did he leave me behind, he also left Frank. Unfortunately, most of his phone calls go to the latter.

“Gerard! I’m in the middle of the cafeteria.” Frank’s voice seems outraged, amused and turned on – all at once. I roll my eyes and fail miserably at ignoring the next sentence escaping Frank’s lips.
“Okay. I’ll go. Just hold on, okay babe?” His voice is low and husky.
I hate my brother right now.

Frank takes his phone away from his ear – pretending to have hung up. The phone is still open.

“I’m just gonna go to the bathroom, okay Mikes?” I smile up at him – putting as much sarcasm into my smile as possible – and wait patiently for him to leave.
He turns around. His heavy, black boots thump against the floor as he walks away – leaving behind his tray for me to clean up.
You know, the usual shit that I’m stuck with.

“Well, hello there!” I look behind me and see Bob tower over me. Six months ago – heck, even three months ago – this would’ve been a somewhat comforting sight, but now?
“Nerd!” I glare at him. His words don’t hurt me at all – it takes a lot more to hurt a unicorn.

No one at school knows my secret, though – the only exception being Frank, of course. I think Gerard and Ray almost told Bob once, but they were too afraid that it would lead to the exposure of their own secrets. Fucking hypocrites.

Bob apparently has nothing more to say. He turns around and walks away – his posse of new friends following. You see, during the summer Bob got lonely, I guess. He felt that Gerard was shutting him out – because of Frank – and that Ray never wanted to spend any time with him – because of his nightly affairs. Bob had no idea why they didn’t spend time with him, so he desperately started seeking new friends.
I would’ve hung out with him, but no; I was just a geek. I still am in his eyes.

Anyway, when school started again, Bob quickly found his new friends. He joined the football team – obviously he had the build for it – and became the star player in no time.

Yes; our football team sucks. Well, sucked – until Bob joined.

The coach is crazy about Bob. Not only is he the best player the team has had in years; he also motivates the other players to play better and exercise more. The team has even won a game.

But Bob’s newly – and quickly – gained popularity had to be confirmed by the passing of the ultimate test: Pick a victim, and let them suffer every day.

Yes; I’m Bob’s victim.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ladies and Gentlemen! I bid you welcome to this; the promised sequel to A Horrible Romance!

Safety annoucements:
Welcome to Devihla Story-lines. Please, fasten your seatbelts, put your seats in the upright position and prepare for a pleasent read.

Please, keep hands and feet inside the parameters of your computer. If you feel sick, please hold it in until you reach the tunnel, so we can get some hilarious pictures of it.

Please, turn off all cell phones and pacemakers, since these can interfere with the picture.

Enjoy the reading and don't forget to sign the guest book (comment board) before leaving. *Insert huge smile here*