‹ Prequel: A Horrible Romance

A Unique and Torn Romance

My Way Home

School was over and I’m walking home – yes; walking.
I did “inherit” Gerard’s beat up car when he moved to New York, seeing as he wouldn’t be using it there, but it broke down after just a month. Great heirloom.

I’m quietly walking up the steep hill to our house, when I hear a roaring engine behind me.

Great. They found me again.

I roll my eyes and prepare myself, but I keep walking. Stopping only makes the entire thing worse, and running will worsen it tenfold.

A hard smack against the back of my head makes me stumble forward and fall onto all four on the tarmac. The engine roars past me and I glare up at the black smoke pouring out of the exhaust pipe.

When the worst of the smoke has cleared, I can see a guy hanging out of the passenger seat window. The blond hair gives away his identity easily.

The car’s breaks slam and the tires screech against the tarmac as the car turns violently – tossing the four heads from side to side when the car comes to a sudden stop.

The gas is being pumped by the brown-haired boy behind the dirty windshield.

Bob is still hanging out the window. His face almost looks confused, but when I focus on him, I see that it’s nothing but anger and pure evil.

My own anger – fury – burns in my gut and all I want is to break his nose.

I stay on all four, though. The boy behind the wheel keeps pumping the gas – the engine roaring.

My eye twitches – the usual twitch it gives when I get pissed off.

I keep staring at Bob. I don’t break eye-contact for one second – not even to blink. It’s like when you train a dog – or befriend a werewolf. You need to get their respect by being the last to blink – to signal dominance.

Bob breaks the eye-contact. I’ve won the battle.

He slides back in the window and sits in the leather seat. His lips move – barely, which means he’s mumbled – and the car suddenly takes off.
It whips past me – almost running over my hands – and Bob’s eyes are on the trees surrounding the road rather than on me.

I won this battle.
Now the war is ahead of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! Sorry... I just realized the pun in the title after I wrote it... =P

Hey, wanna read a little, weird one-shot? (sounded kinda pedo, there... Sorry for that...)