‹ Prequel: A Horrible Romance

A Unique and Torn Romance

HardDrive

I lean my head against the headrest. A dull headache is forming in my eyebrows – throbbing lazily. I try to close my eyes, but car sickness stops me.

“Were you in any of your classes today?” Bob asks. He almost sounds jealous. He grin a bit.

“Nope.” I sigh deeply – trying to breathe out the pain that’s slowly growing worse.

“So, you just sat in your car all day?” I only answer with a humming sound – signaling a yes. I try taking a few deep breaths, but my head still throbs.
“You okay?” I groan a bit.

“Sure. Just need an aspirin or three.” The car turns. I focus on not moving my head too much, which actually makes the pain go away a bit – for a second.

“I don’t have any aspirin, but I do have some Codeine in the glove compartment,” Bob offers. I groan. It’s meant as a ‘thank you’, but I guess it only comes across as a groan.
I open the compartment and search around a bit. The white bottle comes into sight and I read the label quickly, before I take one. They look pretty strong, which can’t be good for me. Just wait and see…

Soon we pull up to my house. Bob gets out, while I just take advantage of a few seconds of complete silence and no movements whatsoever.
Bob opens the door and ruins that.

“Is it real bad?” He sounds worried – too worried. It’s not that bad – I’m just a fucking wimp.
I unbuckle the seat belt and begin to crawl out. On my way out, I realize that my head doesn’t even hurt anymore.
“Wow,” Bob says before he grabs onto me. Did I just fall?
“Maybe I should help you up to your room.” I smile. The world is spinning a bit. I rub my eye in hopes of it stopping. It doesn’t.
I hear the car door slam behind me.

“My bag!” I turn around and grab onto the car before it moves away. Yet, even though I hold on to it, it still moves. Everything moves.

“I’ve got it,” Bob says – holding it up for me to see – before he grabs me around my stomach and carries me in a weird way up the few steps to the front door.
“Unlock it, please?” I stare at the keyhole. A key would open it – my key. I should find my key.
Bob puts me down and I look through my pockets. I find a key. I look at it to make sure it’s the right one.

I must’ve taken too long, because Bob sighs, grabs the key and opens the door. He throws my backpack onto his shoulder, before he grabs my back and legs. Then he carries me across the doorstep – bridal style.
He’s such a good friend. He takes care of me.
I lean my head onto his bouncing shoulder and stare at his neck – resisting the urge to lick it.
I shouldn’t do that. I don’t wanna ruin our friendship. He’s such a good friend.

He lays me on my bed and throws my backpack on the floor. He’s about to leave, but I’m apparently still holding on to his sleeve.

“Just get some sleep, Mikey,” he says sweetly – oh so sweetly – before he grabs my hand and tries to pry it off. Eventually I let go of his sleeve, but it’s only so that I can grab onto his hand instead.
I pull myself up – sitting on my bed.
I sigh quickly – feeling my tickling heart bounce into my light head – before I push my lips against his.
I don’t move them – I forget to. I know I’m supposed to.
Or am I?
Oh, no.

Bob pulls away before I can. He stares into my eyes – his big, blue orbs flickering nauseatingly quickly – before he stands up straight, gives me one last look and then walks out of my room.
I stare at the doorway. The only thing I hear is my own heavy breathing – the waves of air deafening me. But they don’t make me deaf. I hear the front door slam and a car drive off – its wheels skidding through the gravel.

I lie back down and stare up at the ceiling.
I just screwed up my two-day-long friendship. And the worst part of it is that he’d become my best friend in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
No more home alone time... But that doesn't mean I won't write... =D
A one-shot, anyone?