‹ Prequel: A Horrible Romance

A Unique and Torn Romance

Cheer 'em On!

I kept staring out the window – trying to at least mentally escape the torture of trigonometry. I couldn’t wait to get out of here. Bob has been on my back the entire day. He never actually touches me. And he most certainly never makes me cry. I really don’t get why he just won’t leave me the fuck alone. I don’t understand why he gets a kick out of torturing me. I mean, doesn’t bullies usually bully because they love seeing their victim scared and upset?

Another ball of paper hits me in the back of my head. I don’t feel it much, though – my hat absorbing the not-so-much-force of the impact.

The school used to have a no hats during class policy, but that changed when I arrived. Oh, yeah; the principal knows that I’m a semi-unicorn and that my dad is Dracula and that my brother is a semi-vampire. Obviously, everyone in town knows that Frank’s full name is Frankenstein Jr. and who his dad is.

No one knows about Ray – absolutely no one. Well, okay; me, Frank and Gerard know. Duh. But his parents don’t. Turns out he was bitten by a stray wolf and somehow developed his ability to change. He claims it’s got something to do with his huge brain – ‘a huge brain that needs a huge ‘fro to keep it from falling out’ – and its amazing ability to mentally control his body.
I don’t believe that shit. The wolf was radioactive or some shit – no doubt about it.

“Mr. Bryar!” the teacher – Miss Something – screams, and I jump. I turn my head to see what’s going on, and I almost throw up my heart as it leaps into my throat.
Bob’s face is about two inches from mine – his furious and vicious eyes staring into mine.
And that’s it. I snap.

I jump out of my seat – grabbing a firm hold of Bob’s collar – and use my body-weight to get him on the floor. I land on top of him. To get up again, I press my hand against his face and lean as much as my body-weight on it as possible. Bob’s face contorts in disgust and pain and I smirk.

“Mr. Way!” the teacher screams.

Suddenly I’m thrown onto my side, and before I can register anything, Bob rolls me over and pins me to the floor. He easily gets my hands over my head and pins them both down with one of his. I try to writher away from him, but his fist in my stomach makes me stop.

“Bryar!” I look up to see the teacher’s scared face just staring at me, before I cringe in pain as Bob’s fist meets my stomach once again – and what a lovely reunion, I might just say.
“Stop it! Get off of him!” she screams. Bob doesn’t stop. His fist meets my gut again.

“What’s going on!” a male voice bellows, before I finally feel Bob’s weight – and his fist – being torn off of me. When I open my eyes, I see Mr. Someone holding Bob by the hair.
I try to laugh, but quickly stop as the joy brings my stomach pain as it bounces.
“Both of you are going to the principal’s office! Right now!” Mr. Someone’s voice is loud and low key. It resonates through the small classroom and makes my stomach hurt.

I hate Mr. Someone – whatever his name might be.

Miss Something – I suck at remembering names – helps me up and I clutch my stomach as I follow Mr. Someone. He’s now got a firm hold of Bob’s – rather big – arm. Bob’s head is hanging low. I’m doubled over – holding on to my stomach. It’s a classic image of the fighter and his victim. There’s no way I’m gonna get blamed for this.
I smirk. Unicorns are usually peaceful creatures, but after all; I am half human.
♠ ♠ ♠
Personally, I like the very last sentence... =D My view on human kind...

I've got an exam tomorrow (on English grammar!)... Wish me luck! =D