Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Ten

Image

“How old are you, like five?” Joey hissed at me from across the patio. We were sitting outside wrapped in towels that Corey had been nice enough to go find for us, both shaking from the freezing temperature that was only that much worse because we were both sopping wet. My upper lip raised in detest and I gripped the fluffy red towel tighter around my shoulders.

“Excuse me but who pushed who in first?” I retorted angrily, Joey had a mean temper and once we had fought Sid off us he had let it rip, like the whole incident was my fault or something. Stupid angry dwarf.

“You were been an arse,” he exclaimed, my mouth fell open; if my feet weren’t completely numb I would get up and take a swing at him.

“How exactly was I achieving that?” I snapped back in disbelief, I couldn’t understand for the life of me why he had randomly had such a mood swing and started acting like a prick. What made matters worse that that strange feeling I couldn’t explain was now combined with my fury, making quite an unexplainable yet enraging combination.

“Guys shut the fuck up, you’re both acting like five year olds and you’re heights aren’t doing anything to counter otherwise,” Corey interrupted. I turned to face him, nostril flaring and crossed my arms in defiance. Corey rolled his eyes and unfolded my arms, pinning them down at my sides he stared at me meaningfully. “Let it go VJ,” he warned lowly, I felt like I was twelve again and he was using his ‘I am older than you’ powers on me.

I huffed and sank deeper into the plastic chair beneath me. “Fine,” I breathed out in submission. Corey nodded in satisfaction and let my arms go – they went straight back across my chest. “Can we go now, I’m tired?” I added. Corey looked across at Joey who was now hunched over with his back facing us talking to Chris, and nodded.

“Yeah I’ll take you home – you should go wake Josie,” he said, there was a pained look on his face, almost sad when he looked back at me; I felt like I was missing something somewhere. I smiled weakly and got up; manoeuvring my way around the clutter I went back towards the pool area to retrieve Josie who was still asleep, but not alone anymore. Once James had managed to convince Sid to get out of the water, he had crawled his way over to Josie and passed out with his arms wrapped around her middle; so this was how I found them now, I almost didn’t have the heart to wake her.

Bending down with the towel still tightly wrapped around my shoulders, I pushed gently on her side a few times and whispered her name. She slowly came around with a hacking cough to accompany and stared groggily up at me – her eyes were completely bloodshot.

“Hey babe Corey and I are going, you want to come home with us?” I whispered, trying not to disturb Sid who looked extremely happy with his current position. Josie blinked a few times in confusion as if taking in her surroundings and looked down at the arms around her waist. Her eyes went wide when they came back up and stared up at mine.

“Not Daniel?” she croaked weakly, I chuckled and shook my head. “Fuck…” she whispered, “Did we…?”

“No don’t worry; he just passed out next to you,” I assured her; she closed her eyes briefly in thankfulness and smiled to herself.

“I might milk this up for a bit longer then, plus my shit box car is outside anyways,” she said in answer to my first question. I nodded and pinched her cheek as I got up.

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do then,” I said quietly down to her, she snorted and rolled her eyes tiredly.

“You don’t do anything” she scoffed; I laughed and tapped my nose.

“Exactly,” I replied. After another eye roll Josie closed her eyes and fell back asleep, I made my way silently back to the BBQ area. As I approached I could see remaining awake members of Slipknot huddled around Joey for some reason, I furrowed my eyebrows and ducked into the shadows to watch for a moment. Corey placed his hand on Joey’s shoulder and looked in worry down at him as Joey said something in a voice low enough that I couldn’t hear; what could he possibly be saying after the episode that just occurred to make the rest of the guys look upon him like that? I couldn’t say that I wasn’t intrigued but I also knew that it wasn’t my place to know really anything about him or his life.

I sighed and stepped out of the shadows, walking loudly so they had time to react to my approach; I made my way towards them and smiled at Corey, Joey kept his back towards me and his posture hunched over. “Josie wants to stay and spoon with Sid for a bit longer,” I told him.

“Oh God, can you imagine them two together?” Chris pondered in feint horror.

“Can you imagine what any kid they had would be like?” Corey added, shuddering for dramatic effect. I chuckled and shook my head.

“Don’t worry Josie has a boyfriend,” I told them matter-of-factly, for some reason they all raised their eyebrows in surprise, Corey gave a weary side glance to Chris. I pursed my lips at their reaction and cleared my throat. “Anyways, can you take me home now, I am fucking freezing?” I asked.

“Yeah let’s go,” Corey said, taking his hand of Joey’s shoulder he offered it to me and used the other one to wave at the guys. “I’ll be back after I dump her off,” he informed them.

“Jeez way to make me feel disposable,” I mumbled under my breath, not quietly enough for them not to hear though.

“Don’t worry I am not disposing of you any time soon, I will install a tracking device in your neck before I ever do,”

“Oh so now I’m like a dog or something?” I grumbled lightly, Chris snorted as Corey huffed dramatically and pulled on my hand.

“Oh let’s just go!” he said in exasperation. As we started to head towards the house I glanced backwards and caught Joey’s eye, for a brief moment there was a distressed glint somewhere in the blue abyss, but he looked away quickly before I could dissect much more. I frowned and continued on towards the house, that strange feeling I was talking about before – yeah it’s pretty prominent right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who leaves me comments, it really does inspire me to keep writing this =]

I hope I do finish this story, but as you may have gathered it's going to be a very long story hahaha. But hey at least they aren't falling in love and having babies in the first chapter ^.^