Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Eighteen

Image

I had been keeping my distance from him, besides the extreme awkwardness that came with having a crush on someone who hated you; it was just easier generally to avoid him and his strange mood. I had only been to the recording studio once since the last problematic experience; other than that I saw Corey almost everyday anyway and Sid was always over now hanging with Josie and the other guys were in and out of Corey’s place sporadically.

I had been trying to please him and his wish for me not exist; but now he had gone too far.

A snarl passed through my lips, Corey jumped back surprised; I marched forward, pushing past Corey and straight into the lounge area. I didn’t take note of Sid, Griffin and Paul sitting on the couches, I kept my focus on my target. Pulling open the studio door I bounded in raging; absolutely fuming – if I was a cartoon character steam would be blowing out of my ears. I must’ve looked like a sight regardless of the lack of steam; everyone in the studio froze fearfully, wide eyed staring in my direction.

I found my target behind the mixing desk, his blue eyes that usually shot daggers my way actually looked genuinely concerned…for his own safety that is.

“You fucking asshole!” I yelled, pointing a shaky finger at him. Everyone turned to look at Joey whose mouth dropped open slightly; if this was a quiz show asking him to pick the most likely situation out of a zombie apocalypse, discovery of a real vampire clan and the scene that was unfolding right now – this would be his last choice. “You knew it was mine didn’t you, you knew and you still stole it from me!” I bellowed; I heard the other guys creep up behind me to see what was happening. Joey blinked a few times; I wondered if he thought it was strange to be on the receiving end of someone’s wrath – at least this was legitimate anger.

“I didn’t know…” he said his voice was almost faint, I knew he was lying.

“Stop lying, I know you’re lying – why didn’t you tell me? Did you think I would never figure it out? Did you think I was that dumb and you’re so high and mighty or something?” I vented loudly; that usual feeling that I got; the feeling I had attributed to lust was nowhere to be seen – right at this moment I completely hated this guy more than I hated anyone or anything else in the entire world. Joey’s face hardened, he lost all the surprise instantly and jumped to his feet.

“I couldn’t tell you, I wanted to tell you; I thought we would have something in common but we didn’t so I just froze up and lied ok?! Of course I realised it was your grave, but not until after I bought it and put two and two together. What do you want me to do? I need it more than you; you have no idea how much I’ve had to deal with!” he yelled back at me; my stomach did a flip, I had not bargained on a full out screaming match – but if that’s the way he wanted it then that’s what he was going to get.

“Oh so because you’re famous you’re better than me?” I snapped, I felt a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off harshly; I knew no one in this room besides Joey and I had any idea what we were fighting about – if they did they would either think we’re ludicrous or understand that this isn’t just another petty argument.

“I never said that don’t you dare twist my words,” Joey spat venomously; his upper lip completely upturned in detest. I ran my fingers through my hair stressfully, shaking my head.

“Well how about some fucking honesty then, you’ve taken the only thing that means anything to me anymore,” I cried out, Joey looked like he’d been slapped in the face.

“What are you talking about you have Corey and Griffin?” he said; like I was the pathetic excuse for a human.

“And you have a Mom evidently,” I retorted harshly. “And I only just got Corey back, why do you think I wanted the grave in the first place; my life isn’t exactly all signatures and groupies,” I added, Joey rolled his eyes and snorted.

“And you think mine is?” he asked sarcastically.

“Well isn’t it?!” I bit back. Joey sighed and plopped himself back down on his chair.

“Look you’re been ridiculous Vixen, the deal is done just move on and live your life,” he said, turning back around to the mixing desk. I snorted this time, crossing my arms loosely.

“That is the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard Joey Jordison,” I replied; did he really expect me to swallow that? No fucking way.

“What you want me to give you the grave back then?!” Joey retorted, his anger flaring up again as he spun around to face me.

“Yeah that would be nice,” I answered; Joey looked like he had spent the last hour sucking on a lemon.

“Well you can’t have it,” he said firmly; I unfolded my arms and stomped my foot; I had been hanging around Griffin for too long.

“Why the fuck not?” I asked; I mean it was mine originally – it still should be mine! It’s not my fault someone with too much money and not enough sense came along and ripped it from under my feet.

“Because I need it,” he answered simply; that just infuriated me even more.

“No you don’t!” I screamed. “You’ve got everything, at least give the little people something!” Joey jumped to his feet once more, throwing his arms up into the air as his face went bright red.

“I’ve got everything do I? Do you see me surrounded by a family? Even though Corey isn’t with Scarlet anymore he’s still got a kid who loves him; who the fuck loves me huh?! My girlfriend cheated on me, if you think I’m all high and mighty then tell me why she would do that?” he yelled; I gaped slightly taken aback by his response.

“Are you blaming me for you girlfriend cheating on you?” I asked dubiously.

“Yeah maybe I am, you’re all the same anyways,” he spat, my mouth dropped open.

“Excuse me what is that supposed to me? Just because you ended up with some hoe bag bitch has nothing to do with me or the rest of my gender!” I trilled; Joey’s eyes suddenly flared up dangerously, he took a step towards me.

“Don’t you call her that,” he warned darkly.

“Fine, I’m going now anyway!” I replied, throwing my hands in the air in defeat. I spun around on my foot and pushed past the crowd that had been standing behind me. I paused as I passed Corey. “If you want to talk to me again it’s going to have to be far away from this jerk off,” I informed him. As the door slammed behind me I heard Sid remark to Paul.

“Wasn’t that the weirdest fight you’ve ever heard?” he said quietly. He had no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day and I had a nine hour shift at work; my my I spoil you all ^.^

Erm so I hope this hasn't jumped around too much for everyone, it's just I've dragged this out longer than probably any other story I've written to date and there hasn't been enough Joey I know.

But I hope you guys like it and thank you for the comments; they mean so much to me!! <3

Constructive critisim more than welcome!