Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Two

Image

Another bus stop, another stupid disgusting bus bench; do people seriously not want to sit on clean seats? Before I had to make the inevitable decision to sit or not though, my phone buzzed in my pocket loudly. Pulling it out I check the caller ID before pressing the cold metal to my ear.

“I thought you would still be at work?” I said in the phone, turning my back on the seat I started to stroll aimlessly along the gutter.

“I thought you would be too,” the voice replied on the other end accusingly.

“Who’s to say I’m not?” I shot back lightly, stopping and turning around before I went to far from the bus stop.

“Because I just passed you in my car.”

“And you didn’t pick me up, you slag?!” I exclaimed in feint anger.

“Take a tone like that and I won’t do a blockie,” the voice laughed.

“Haha, well I’m sorry then and you should come pick up my sorry arse because it is cold and tired,” I apologised teasingly. The phone cut out at the moment, and a car pulled up alongside me, flashing its headlights. I smiled and shoved my cell back into my pocket as I scrambled into the passenger side, sighing with relief when the warm from the car heater hit me.

“Thank you Josie you are a life saver, I will give you anything you want and bow at your feet whenever you enter the room,” Josie joked as we pulled from the curb. I scoffed and pulled my legs up onto the seat so I could wrap my arms around them.

“How about I just buy you one of those plastic crowns so you can think you’re the queen?” I asked teasingly, reaching over I turned up the heat as far as it could go. Josie slapped my hand but left it.

“Hmm…can it be one of those fairy looking ones?” she asked, battering her eyelids falsely in my direction.

“I suppose so,” I laughed, picturing her jumping around in a long purple gown and fairy crown, her long auburn hair dancing behind her as she laughed evilly at everyone, pointing a plastic wand in their faces.

“Excellent,” she said. We sat for a while in silence, lights from people’s houses flashing against the glass. I rested my head against the chair and looked up at the ceiling, random images of nothing popping into my head until one caught my attention.

“Hey do you remember Paul Gray?” I asked suddenly, looking across to Josie. She glanced at me from the corner of her eye and frowned, the past wasn’t a topic either of us bought up willingly because it led to other things; both of us were generally wary.

“Yeah, he use to hang out with us didn’t he?” she asked slowly, her eyes flickering between me and the road. I nodded and bit my lip, cocking my head I pulled up the image in my mind that had hit me before; four guys, three Guinness; one guy squinting in my direction as if trying to remember something, or someone.

“I think I saw him tonight at work…” I pondered slowly, she sighed and shrugged her shoulders, glad this wasn’t leading where she thought it was.

“Oh well, good to know he’s still alive then, he was a decent guy,” she said, I nodded slightly and went back to staring at the car roof.

When we pulled into our driveway there was a familiar car sitting outside our house, I rolled my eyes as we got out of the car and headed up the crumbling concrete path to the front door. We walked into the house and the smell of fried rice and chicken wafted around us, Josie ran ahead into the kitchen leaving me to close the door and follow slowly behind. I walked into the kitchen and stopped in the doorway, leaning against the door frame I crossed my arms and coughed.

“Would you two like some privacy?” I asked jokingly, Josie unravelled herself from a familiar male by the name of Daniel who had long blonde hair and arms covered in tattoos, they both rolled their eyes. Daniel looked at me and smirked, pointing the spatula in his hand between me and the food sitting in the pan on the stove.

“Thanks but I’m just going to sleep,” I said in reply to his offer. He shrugged and spun Josie back to face him so they could continue where they left off. I pretended to gag as I walked past them and down the hallway, flinging my bedroom door open, I threw my bag on the floor and collapsed on my bed, shoving the pillow over my head. Daniel and Josie were the kind of couple that you couldn’t really be around for very long without getting queasy, don’t get me wrong they made the perfect pair, but they were well to loved up for someone single like me who had lost all faith in that kind of shit.

I huffed and turned on my side, there was only one thing left in my life, and perhaps tomorrow I would go put some more money towards it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was short and boring, I am very, very sorry - please don't stop reading though - there are a couple of chapters coming up that go for six pages. =]