Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Twenty-Three

Image

My hand latched onto the car door handle as Joey’s car pulled up to the curb outside my house, I turned and bit my lip giving him a shy grin. It was some ridiculous time in the morning, Joey had offered to drive me home from the studio since Corey had Griffin – Corey had given him a piercing look before shrugging and agreeing. It hadn’t been the most awkward car ride of my life, but it wasn’t exactly comfortable; my stomach felt like it was full of chunky bubbling acid.

“Thanks for the lift,” I said, pushing down on the door handle; Joey waved his hand in the air.

“Anytime,” he replied. We sat awkwardly for a few moments staring at each other before I turned quickly and stepped out into the freezing night air. Adjusting my shoulder bag I poked my head back into the car.

“I’ll see you around I guess,” I said, Joey nodded. I stepped back to close the door when his hand shot out to hold it in place; I frowned, poking my head back into the car in confusion. Joey swept his hair slowly away from his face and cleared his throat.

“I was thinking, since we’re basically done recording and stuff we probably won’t see each other really, so um maybe if you want to we could hang out some time?” he asked timidly; my heart did a few sporadic flips. I knew we were talking and everything now, but I didn’t really think it would go too much further than that to be honest; I thought we would have one of those friendships where you catch up if you happen to be at the same party or whatever. That’s not to say it’s what I wanted – just what I assumed would happen.

“Sound’s good,” I replied – resisting the urge to scream ‘I’d love to’ and jump back into the car with him. Joey smiled happily at my response, promising to call me sometime; then drove off down the street. I stood in stunned silence staring at the now empty road; it wasn’t like he had asked me on a date or anything, but it felt just as knee-weakening good. Shaking my head, I turned to the house; walking towards it in a trance-like state. Making my way inside I wasn’t surprised to find all the lights still on and two familiar faces sitting in the lounge room surrounded by various pieces of electronic equipment that would probably explode if I tried to touch them.

“What are you two doing?” I asked cautiously, sitting down on the couch arm. Josie smiled wickedly up at me as Sid fiddled around with some knobs, holding headphone up to one of his ears.

“Sid’s teaching me how to DJ,” Josie answered, I snorted; Sid would be in for a long night if he wanted to teach her anything requiring musical talent – it kind of went hand in hand with her cooking skills. But then Sid was different when he was around Josie, maybe it was just my warped perception of things but going from seeing him at the studio to seeing him in my lounge room watching DVDs or in this case teaching DJ skills; I couldn’t help but notice small changes. They weren’t bad, but they made me nervous; especially because I hadn’t heard much from Daniel since he told me about his proposal plans.

“Right well you two have fun failing,” I said with a yawn, getting up I said goodnight to them both and went into my room. Changing into pyjamas I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling, giggles and squeals floating underneath the door every now and then.

Ever seen something in your head and then when you open your eyes it’s still there clear as day as if it were really in front of you? I gasped when I opened my eyes the next morning to find the image of a short statured drummer above me; it faded quickly though. Taking a few deep breaths I pulled myself out of bed, stumbling out into the bathroom. My trek was altered when I heard a scream from the lounge, picking up my pace I directed myself to the front of the house to find Josie sitting on the couch pinned underneath Sid who was on her lap holding her hands out and biting her neck. I looked at them for a moment linking; they paused and looked back up at me guiltily.

“I really need to pee,” I stated, spinning around on my foot I headed back to my original destination; erasing the scene from my conscious thoughts.

When I re-surfaced clean and in control of my bladder I went into the kitchen and found Josie alone reading the paper with a mug of coffee in her hand. I sat down in front of her, staring purposely in her direction; she kept her focus purposely on the paper in a lame attempt to convince me she was actually interested in the little black letters. I waited patiently knowing she would, sure enough within a minute she huffed, throwing the paper to the floor.

“What?” she whined with a pout, I rolled my eyes leaning back in the chair.

“Nothing,” I replied airily, she growled.

“Bullshit nothing,” she said under her breath; I laughed getting up and went to fetch my bag from my room. When I came back she was still sitting there glaring at me.

“What?” I mimicked her childish whine playfully.

“What what? I know you have something to say,” she said, jabbing her index finger into the wooden table top; I shrugged.

“I might have more than one thing to say,” I informed her.

“Are you going to say them?” she asked impatiently, I could tell she was really starting to get ticked off. Both Josie and Corey were the same like that, there was a little red light in the middle of their foreheads that began to flash when you knew you were pushing them past a certain point – it didn’t take long for that light to go on sadly enough.

“I’m thinking about it, tell me though – you’re sure there’s nothing between you and Sid?” I asked; everything I had to say was probably pointless if there was. Josie threw her arms into the air dramatically.

“For fucks sake Vixen I’ve told you a hundred times already no!” she exploded in irritation. I didn’t blink, I knew this was going to be her reaction if the answer still stood as no.

“Ok then,” I started when she began to cool down. “Tell me this then, does Sid know there’s nothing between you?” I asked her, walking out of the house for work before I could see her reaction; figuring that it was something she would have to think about by herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring boring boring chapter I know - next one should have Joey, if I stick to my plan xP

Sorry for the belated update by the way <3