Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Twenty-Five

Image

I woke up the next morning on the couch beside a still sleeping and puffy eyed Josie. Gathering from the sunlight pouring in from the window I guessed it was almost midday, meaning we probably only slept a few hours and talked through the rest of them. Josie had managed to hiccup and babble out how Daniel had proposed (candlelit dinner and roses included) sending her into shock mode and causing a simple expulsion of words that had led onto the only major fight they had ever had.

“I don’t know.”

Daniel obviously took this as instant rejection, understandably and the yelling had begun. As hard as I tried to talk her through it, neither of us could work out why she didn’t know, what the key factor holding her back from leaping into his arms was. The match was ideal, they were both at the stages of their lives where they should consider settling down, they both had stable jobs, good friends and a future as bright as the stars. I had a funny feeling that I knew the answer; I just needed to put the pieces together – finding the pieces was my challenge.

I pulled myself off the couch, grabbing a duvet we left for movie nights under the couch I placed it over Josie and stumbled out into the kitchen area. The kitchen was the set from a romance filled horror film; the table was still set – roses lay across the white table cloth and candles burnt down to their silver holders beside them. Their half eaten dinners and shattered wine glasses lay in between the mess, I knew I would have to clean this up before she got up; if she saw it a freak out would ensue.

I cleaned myself up first to get the smell of old beer from my skin and hair then started to clean up the kitchen; throwing any evidence from last night into a big black garbage bag. Sweat beads brimmed on my brow as I threw the last rose petal into the garbage; as if it were a sign my cell went off in my bag. Darting into the lounge I quickly rummaged through the random contents, hitting the answer button before the sound woke Josie up; even though I was sure nothing would wake her up at the moment.

“Hello?” I answered in a rush trying to keep my voice down as I walked into the kitchen.

“Hey it’s Joey,” came Joey’s voice through the receiver. My heart skipped a beat or three; Brandon’s lemon would help right now with the smile that crept firmly onto my lips.

“Oh hi, how you going?” I stifled out as calmly as I could, sitting myself down on a chair just incase my knees gave way.

“Yeah I’m ok, you?” he replied.

“Yeah good,” I said with a nod that continued on as a way to keep any light headedness at bay.

“That’s good…um so was everything ok last night?” he asked awkwardly, I bit my lip peering into the lounge at Josie’s slumped form. I knew this thing was a private matter, but how private could I keep it when Joey had seen enough to guess the basics?

“Yeah just a thing with Josie and her boyfriend you know,” I replied as airily as I could.

“I see…well so I was just wondering since you said you had today off if you wanted to do something maybe?” he suggested; I turned my head away slightly from the phone so he wouldn’t hear my deepened breathing. Oh god, a day with Joey? The last and only time we had really hung out was the night we had resolved our issues so there was actually something to do/talk about…but now spending time with Joey would mean hours of repeating last nights awkward situation. The sad thing was that as much as that possibility scared me there was no way I could deny the opportunity to be around him; even just as silent friends.

“Yeah I’d…hang on I’ve got another call,” I said to him as my phone began to beep indicating someone else wanted to talk to me. I pressed the hold button and answered the new call; “Hello?”

“Aunty V guess what?” came Griffin’s excited voice.

“What?!” I asked in mock excitement, smiling to myself.

“We’re going to Adventureland today!” he informed me with a squeal, I laughed raising my eyebrow.

“Oh are we now?” I replied lightly.

“Yep Dad’s going to come pick you up now,” he said, I could hear his feet padding loudly on the floorboards in the background as he ran through the house.

“Um can I speak to your Dad then please?” I asked; for starters Griffin usually made stuff up to get his own way just like the tattoo experience, but just in case he was telling the truth I needed to talk to Corey – Joey was on the other line wanting to do something too after all. After more running feet, quick words and the phone been passed to new hands Corey’s voice came through.

“So you coming then?” he asked with a yawn, telling me that this was a spare of the moment idea by Griffin.

“Maybe, can I bring someone?” I responded nervously; I don’t know why but I felt like Corey wouldn’t approve too much of Joey and I spending time with each other outside his own social meetings.

“Who?” he questioned, in a surprised tone Josie would’ve used not a few months ago on me in the same situation.

“Well you know him…hang on let me see if he’s up for it first,” I replied, pressing hold on Corey. “Hey Joey?” I asked.

“Yup still here,” he said.

“Sorry about that…um…if you want to do you feel like taking a certain band mates delinquent child to Adventureland…otherwise we can do whatever you had in mind if you have something in mind cause I’ll do whatever you want to do…?” I prattled on quickly; Joey chuckled interrupting my train of words.

“Man I haven’t been there for ages - be more interesting than any idea I have,” he agreed just as the doorbell went off. I made my way towards the front door still talking on the phone.

“Well cool then shall we meet there then?” I suggested as I pulled open the front door. “Sid?” I asked in surprise, finding him standing on the doorstep.

“Sid?” Joey questioned in confusion.

“Sid?” came Josie’s groggy voice from behind; well I guess one thing can wake her up.

“Hi?” Sid said wearily, his eyes looking a tad scared. I stepped aside to let him in, pointing over at Josie who was trying to get out from underneath the duvet and fix her hair at the same time.

“What’s Sid doing there?” Joey asked; I closed the door and offered a shrug he couldn’t see.

“When’s he not here?” I countered, watching Sid walk over to Josie and help her out from the tangled material. “Anyways we’ll meet you at the entrance in an hour maybe?” I added.

“Yeah sounds good see you then,” he agreed.

“Cool bye,” I replied, hanging up on him and taking Corey off hold. “Corey?”

“Still here,” he said.

“Ok well…Joey’s going to meet us in an hour at the entrance,” I told him.

“Joey?” he asked.

“Where are you going?” Sid interrupted, looking at me an interest. He was now sitting on the couch next to Josie, her head leaning on his shoulder – her fingers running under her eyes, paranoid that eyeliner was smudged underneath.

“Is that Sid?” Corey asked in confusion; I sighed – this is when you need one of those video cameras on your phone so everyone knew who was on the other end – no surprises.

“Yes its Sid,” I answered Corey. “And we are going to Adventureland,” I added to Sid.

“Oh can we come?” Josie asked excitedly, her eyes sparkling at the very idea of rollercoaster’s and corndogs.

“We already have one child to look after, don’t need two more,” I grumbled, Josie pouted, pulling off the best puppy eyes she could muster; how could I say no after the night she had last night. “Urgh fine!” I submitted, turning my back on the pair as they high fived before they could con me into to anything else. “So we will meet you there in an hour then,” I told Corey.

“Sounds good,” he replied. We said good bye and hung up, I turned back to Sid and Josie who were staring at me expectantly.

“No alcohol, no drugs, and no influencing the minor to do dangerous things on the rides,” I said firmly at them, pointing my cell slowly between them. They grinned evilly together and nodded; like fucking twins.

Or…maybe something else…
♠ ♠ ♠
*edit* OH MY GOD JOEY'S IN HOSPITAL!!!! Is it extremely teeny-bopperly lame that my heart heart literally leaped when I read that and now I'm tring not to cry? =\

I hope he's ok <3 ='[

http://www.slipknot-metal.com/main.php?subaction=showfull&id=1251020943&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

I know it's been over a week, but that week was full of...I can't even find a word to explain the stupid week -.-

This ones a bit dull, but due to the fact that combining the events of this chapter and the next chapter would be too big I had to split them.

I have a Q as well...has anyone tried to pre order the 10 year box set? I've been trying for the last few days but I can't find the shopping cart to go and pay for the damn thing =\

<3 you all thanks for reading! = ]