Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Thirty

Image

Previously:

My lips fell apart a little in a gaping-like movement as I watched his hand slowly reach out; his thumb gently caressed my cheek. I couldn’t even blink as his hand went to the back of my head, pushing it ever so gently towards his face. Breathing was a forgotten second nature as his eyes fluttered closed, his head tilted to the side and he leaned in towards me.

Heart racing, and that feeling of ecstasy in overdrive, I closed my eyes as well and tilted my head to the opposite side. This moment felt like a dream, like a thousand unbelievable favourite dreams warping together in a liquid rainbow. He was so close I could feel his warm breath on my lips, and like the feeling of numbing cream my skin crawled with tingling elation. I was just inches away from kissing the first guy I had ever actually crushed on, a guy that was famous worldwide and had millions of other, hotter, girls just itching desperately to get inside his pants.

I was about to kiss the magnificent Joey Jordison, and what made this moment so much more sickly sweet was that fact that he had initiated it. His hand was on the back of my neck. His leg was touching mine. His breath was warmly caressing my skin. His eyes were closed. His lips were stretching out for mine. His heart was beating just as fast as mine.

“Guess wha.....ohshit,” suddenly Sid’s voice broke our enchantment. Both Joey and my eyes popped open, he quickly pulled his hand away and skittled towards the other end of the couch like nothing had happened...or was going to happen. My heart sank as I looked up at Sid, Josie standing next to him – both their mouths hung open in surprise. “I’m so sorry dudes, we can just go...” Sid rambled, pointing back down the hall where they had been.

“No it’s ok, what did you want?” Joey said, he had his back turned to me and I couldn’t tell if he’d done it purposely to block me out. Sid and Josie looked at each other awkwardly, like deciding whether or not they should go with their original plan.

“Well um...” Sid started, scratching the back of his head. It was only now that I remembered why he had come over, and looking over at Josie I could see immediately that he had done his job – she may not have been smiling because of the current situation, but she was definitely not crying and she looked content.

“We have some news...” Josie continued for Sid who didn’t seem to know where to head. My eyes widened, if she says she’s pregnant with Sid’s child I have no idea what I would do, but there would definitely be some skin to skin action.

“Yeah we do, see we were talking and Josie is worried that when we all go on tour she’ll be left completely alone...” Sid explained, I raised my eyebrow knowing exactly where this was headed, and being kind of pissed off that they couldn’t have waited until later to tell us. Joey slumped slightly in front of me, like his mind was thinking exactly the same thing.

“So Sid suggested that I come on tour with you guys, and then I’ll be able to keep you company Vix,” Josie finished, with a sheepish grin that said she was sorry too that they didn’t wait to share their news. I sighed internally, it wasn’t that I didn’t want her to come but dammit what timing she had.

“Oh well...that’s great,” Joey said forcedly, his tone the complete opposite of his words. Josie and Sid looked at each other nervously. “Anyways I’m going to head off now – are you coming Sid?” Joey said suddenly as he stood up. I watched his long hair sway beautifully against his back as he stood, but now I was pretty sure he was making an effort not to look at me as he kept his back facing me.

“Oh um...” Sid started, looking quickly at Josie for the answer. She nodded and nudged him gently towards the door with a small smile. “I guess I am then,” he replied. Joey nodded and headed towards the front door as Sid hugged Josie good bye. It felt like a bucket of ice had been poured over my naked skin, I frowned at Joey’s behaviour, unable to work at why he didn’t want to look at me, or at least say good bye.

He opened the front door and stepped out onto the patio, my nose stung and I knew if I didn’t hold it together the waterworks would soon follow. Sid waved goodbye to me with a frown and went to follow Joey out the door. Before Sid even got to the door Joey’s head popped back in, he looked over at me with a solemn almost sad face and waved his hand in a twitching-like motion.

“Bye Vixen,” he said. I bit my lip and waved back at him.

“See you Joey,” I replied lightly. He was gone again in an instant. I sighed and leaned back into the couch, placing my hands over my eyes. Going from one extreme high to the other really took it out of you, especially when it didn’t make any sense. I couldn’t for the life of me work out why Joey randomly gave me the cold shoulder. It was like someone going through the thought process where you make a list and go through all the positive and negative aspects progressively until you come to a conclusion – except his thought process was played out loud through his actions and his conclusion was far from known.

I felt the couch shift next to me and Josie leaned her head on my shoulder, I sniffed but didn’t take my hands from my eyes.

“I’m so sorry we ruined your moment,” she whispered. I shrugged and sighed, that moment felt like a farfetched dream that sat on the brink of memory and that black hole that most dreams go to when you wake up and can’t remember them.

“It’s ok, wasn’t meant to happen,” I replied sadly. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed as tight as she could.

“From where I was standing it looked like it was,” she said. Well, I guess you can’t trust to fate then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I do realise how short this chapter is. Yes I also realise that people will be angry at me for the outcome of that kiss. Yes there is a reason for it that sets the whole dynamic to their relationship. Yes this story is set to get way more exciting. Yes you should comment because it would be really nice <3 =)