Status: IN PROGRESS

Disasterpiece

Chapter Thirty-Six

Image

Previously:

"You can stay in my room," he blurted out; I think it startled both him and I. Yet again my heart beat began to quicken, I couldn't even walk with his arm around my shoulders let alone sleep in the same room as him.

"Thanks Joey, but I can't do that to you," I said. He stepped forward a little, frowning.

"I promise I won’t do anything weird, we’re just friends remember? Corey would kill me if I let you stay out alone all night knowingly,” he tried to persuade me. I groaned internally, of course I wanted to stay in Joey’s room – who wouldn’t? But it would be so hard...but then he just reinforced the friend’s thing so it wouldn’t be weird...

“Um...” I pondered out loud.


A small, weak encouraging smile crept onto his lips uncertainly, he looked as nervous as I felt inside. Sure there were hundreds of possible, awkward and horrible situations that could happen if I stayed in his room...but at the same time would I regret not staying? As frustrating as it was to admit, I knew that I would. Even if everything went wrong it was still an experience involving Joey, and if everything went right than it would be an even more glorious experience. I pursed my lips tightly and shrugged.

“Ok, I guess Corey would slit your throat if he knew you left me out in the cold,” I agreed light-heartedly, Joey’s smile picked up.

“It’s nice to know that you care about my welfare,” he joked, I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

“It’s not that at all, I just don’t want Corey to go to jail,” I corrected teasingly, Joey laughed, shaking his head.

“He would definitely be the bitch in there,” he said, turning around he beckoned me to follow him down the hall.

“Do reckon being in Slipknot would get him any street-cred?” I asked Joey as I caught up to him, walking beside him towards his room. The vibrant lighting that lined the hall lit his face up brightly, so when I looked at him his eyes shone fiercely, taking over his entire face like they were the his only feature...a very, very good feature at that.

“Even if it did I bet you anything he would open his mouth and say something to piss everyone off,” Joey replied, I couldn’t help the huge smile that crept onto my lips as I thought of Corey in jail standing up against the shadows of some massive biker dudes. Yeah, Corey would definitely be their, possibly gagged, bitch.

“Yeah, that’s so Corey...” I agreed slowly when we stopped outside Joey’s door. I watched silently as he pulled the key from his back pocket and put it carefully into the door, turning it excruciatingly slowly until it clicked open. The door swung forward and Joey stepped in, throwing the keys onto the dresser. His room was exactly the same as Josie and I’s except that instead of two beds there was only one. One queen sized bed all alone in the middle of the room. I gulped as the door clicked shut behind me.

Joey turned around in front of me, scratching the back of head his nervously like he was unsure of what to do next. I shifted uneasily, a cold chill rapidly striking repeatedly at my spine.

“So...I’ll get you something to sleep in,” he stuttered quickly, propelling himself towards his suitcase and flinging it open before I could reply. At this point in time I was too nervous to refuse his clothes so I stood there watching as he extracted a baggy black band shirt and held it out for me. “I hope this is ok,” he said sheepishly. I smiled and took the shirt from his grip cautiously.

“It’s great thanks,” I replied, glancing around the room I spotted the bathroom and nodded towards it. “I guess I’ll just go change in there,” I told him, quickly manoeuvring myself around him I dived into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I threw his shirt on the ground and exhaled deeply, my back sliding down the bathroom door until I was sitting on the cold tiles. This was crazy; this was a crazy stupid, lacking thought idea that could only end badly.

I hit the back of my head softly against the door, just enough so that I felt jolt but Joey wouldn’t hear it. I looked down at my hands which were shaking in time with my rapid heartbeat; it was getting hard to draw each breath through my dry throat. I wasn’t sure if Joey had had time to consider exactly where I was going to sleep when he extended the invitation, the idea that he didn’t and was now freaking out as much as me was just as scary as the idea that he had.

I heard him shuffling around on the other side of the door before the television flicked on and there was a creaking from the bed. Shit was the only word that surged around my head on repeat. Shit, shit, shit. I didn’t really have a choice in the matter now but, I couldn’t very well walk out and tell him I was leaving – that would lead to too many questions and awkward answers I had no intention of sharing out loud.

Resigning myself woefully to my fate I pulled his shirt towards me and replaced it with the vest and shirt I already had on. I stood up and took off my belt, but decided to keep on my jeans – even if this shirt did almost reach my knees I had no desire to prance around in my underwear. I bunched up my clothes and slowly opened the bathroom door; Joey was sitting on the edge of the bed watching the TV with little interest on his face. He glanced up at me and smiled lopsidedly as he stood up.

“Do you want a hair tie?” he asked, I blinked in surprise, I guess he knew all about dealing with long hair but it was still a surprise to hear a guy ask that.

“Um, yeah sure thanks,” I replied, readjusting the clothes in my arms. Joey got up and went over to his suitcase again, ruffling through it momentarily he withdrew a hair elastic and flicked it across the room at me; I snatched at the air to catch it but instead missed and it hit my cheek. I dropped the clothes from my arms and grabbed my cheek in shock, it didn’t really hurt it was just a quick sharp pain.

I looked wide eyed up at Joey who blinked a few times before bursting out in laughter. Bending over he held his sides as uncontrollable laughter erupted from inside him. I rubbed my cheek and pouted in his direction.

“It’s not that funny Mr Jordison,” I stated. Joey glanced up, his eyes tearing up in the overhead light, his smile as big as a half moon.

“It kind of – ow - is – ow,” he replied, his stomach hurting so much from laughing that he was twitching in pain trying to talk. I glared at him momentarily before launching myself in his direction, pushing into him we fell on the bed together, me on top. Using this position to my advantage I went to tickle his ribs, but he grabbed my hands before I could and began to try and fight me off. I squealed in between laughter as we rolled around the bed wrestling each other, for the most part I managed to stay on top but drummers have pretty damn strong arms, so it wasn’t long until I had no energy and he fought his way on top of me, straddling me around the waist.

“Joey!” I whined playfully through heavy breathing. He laughed, also breathing quite heavily and pinned my arms up above my head.

“Yes Vixen?” he questioned playfully, playing the ignorant card.

“You’re squishing me!” I pouted up at him, jutting my bottom lip out fakely for effect.

“Me?” he gasped jokingly, “I don’t see how little old me could do such a thing!”. I squirmed underneath him, but he had the advantage now and I didn’t have the energy (or was it will?) to push him off.

“Joey!” I whined and pouted again. He grinned, shook his head and just stared down at me. I stopped struggling and stared back up at him, unable to break the eye contact we now held. Silence fell between us once more, but not the usual trying-to-make-conversation-this-is-awkward sort of silence, no this silence was different. This silence was basked in warmth and filled with two rising chests, falling and lifting in unison. This silence made all but our two touching bodies blur and fade out into the distance. This silence brought those lustful feelings to the surface, making them tingle through my skin and congregate on the surface of my lips.

My heart raced and my palms sweated. I was suddenly very aware that his hips were on mine and his hands holding my arms above my head. God, his skin felt so good against mine.

But like that, it was all over.

He frowned, closed his eyes and sighed a deep, resentful sigh. He lifted his hands from my arms and rolled off me to the side, lying flat on his back just staring blankly at the ceiling. I rubbed my face, but stayed on my back as the hot lust washed out of me sadly.

I’m not sure how long we stayed like that, just stuck in our own thoughts. But soon enough Joey exhaled a large breath and stood up. He turned to me and smiled weakly, running his hands through his hair.

“I’m going to have a shower, you can watch TV or just go to sleep if you want?” he said. I nodded before he proceeded to grab some clothes from his suitcase and walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

I flipped over onto my stomach and couldn’t resist screaming into the bed sheets. These feelings sucked, I wanted so bad just to be normal friends but it seemed like there is some kind of force at work that is adamant we are meant for more and will keep creating awkward situations until it gets its way.

Sorry to say to you Mr Force, there is nothing more than warped, but stringent friendship between Joey and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey....I'm alive =) Can't promise anything in regards to finishing this story, but let's see how we go =)