Miss You Love.

Miss You Love

“The train will shortly be stopping at London Euston, please make sure you have all possessions before leaving the train…” The overhead voice of the train was soon blocked out of her mind as thoughts of being able to inhale his scent, feel his soft skin rub against hers and to be able to look up into his emerald eyes and know how lucky she was filled her head. She grabbed her bag, and headed to the train door that was located just behind her. As much as she loved her hometown in the north-west, it could never beat the excitement London gave her.

The train doors opened too slowly for her liking, and so did the crowd in front of her. She pushed her way through, and then stared out into the few strands of people on the platform. The cold winter air hit her exposed skin, but that was the least of her problems. Her mind was running down a list of questions, where was he, why hadn’t he shown up? She dreaded to think what had happened, and then she spotted him.

His brown hair was hidden by his black hat, the one she always stole off him whenever he wasn’t wearing it. He had his grey scarf wrapped around his neck, and he was pulling his leather jacket around his body as he stood with his back to the train, instead was facing the board with all the train times upon it.

She walked up behind him, as she got closer she could hear the ‘thump thump thump’ of the music playing through his headphones. When she was close enough, she pulled out the headphone, something he hated so much, to gain his attention. He turned around, a confused and slightly angry on his face, which soon turned into a smile when he saw her standing there. He pulled her into a tight squeezing hug, before placing a single kiss on her pale lips.

“I missed you.” He muttered into her ear, resting his head on her shoulder and moving his fingertips across her cold arms . Feeling his arms wrap around her body, his fingers intertwined with hers made her feel safe. His lips brushed her rose cheeks, and suddenly the bitter sting of the wind didn’t matter anymore.

She was finally home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite short, I know. But it was fun to write!