Living Hearts, Dead Hearts and Love Hearts

Chapter 2

APRIL

How am I meant to get a heart from someone that has no heart in the first place? And why was Edward being so weird around the horse, unicorn even. These thoughts ran though my mind as we walked. I tried to stop my self think about Edward as he could hear my thoughts. Actually Edward was very quiet he had not spoken a word since he told the unicorn he was my... did he really think of himself as a servant.

“No.” I guessed that answered my question.

“Look where do you think I can find this heart?” I asked forgetting he could hear my thoughts meaning I did not have to speak aloud.

“It’s easier if you talk aloud you know and I have not a clue about the heart. Maybe if we followed the path something may come along willing to give you its heart when it doesn’t have one,” Edward replied. I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

“OK, wait oh dear look Edward the path finishes, here we have to go through the forest. Your plan failed. Time for my plan,” I said playing along with his sarcasm.

“Fine!” He replied, sounding annoyed and went back to being silent.

We walked for what seemed hours it was now getting dark. I was actually getting a bit spooked. Not the fact it was dark or that there was animals. The truth was it was deathly. The forest made no sound what so ever. Not even the trees moved, the wind dared to blow, the animals were no where to be seen.

EDWARD

It was not going to be long before April new about my secret. I had only had one person’s blood. I was getting very thirsty. In April's thoughts I could tell she was hungry. As I am normally isolated away and know nothing of humans but being able to read April’s mind it gave me a wonderful insight to her world; full of hatred, anger and betrayal, just like my world. But also overflowing with hope, compassion and love, so unlike my world. Yet today I have felt more human than any other day.

“April you look hungry, sit down. There has to be some thing here you could eat,” I said. She never replied aloud she apologised in her mind. She was exhausted. I walked away from her after winking as to accept her apology. Where are you going? She asked.

“To drink.” Let me come with you. “NO!” I said a little too loud. But she was near me when hunting her sweet blood would be my drink. I slowly walk out of her sight. I let my senses take over. I smelt blood, smelling nice but turning foul. Definitely human blood. I ran over to them. Two men. Butch men, hunters with guns and knives tucked in there belts. HA. I love to hunt this kind of prey, how they think they can defend themselves with metal, when to my strength I can crush metal just with one hand. Ha. How naïve they are.

I stalked them till the reached a clearing where I could surprise them. Then I saw April. Here blood so sweet. There blood getting fouler but the minute. There thoughts also foul. April, “NO…”

APRIL

Two men, stood in front of me. Both held knives. They were here to kill me. I tried to scream, to call Edward back. My mouth was dry. One of the men had shoulder length brown hair tied back and had a knife in his right hand. His expression was grim as he put the knife to my neck, the point dug in, it drew blood. They both made no sound. The man pulled the knife down my chest, ripping my mother’s ring of the necklace, to my dress. He did not stop. The jagged knife ripped my dress. The other man pulled me up by placing his rough hands around my neck where the other man had cut. It stung so badly. As my dress had been ripped it fell down. I was left there being strangled, whilst the first man put a knife to my chest. He tried to cut my corset. It did not work because the whale bone was to strong. Then the fearful silence was broke with a worse sound; a coarse, deep, petrifying scream. It sound like it was screaming, “NO”. It came from the woods. It was Edward. As I relaxed remembering Edwards strength the men tightened there grip. Edward walked over like a gentleman who was going to sort this out, like they were all civil men, over a cup of tea. Except for his eyes they screeched murder. I finally found my voice and screamed they have knives. He did not reply, but shrieked louder than last. As he screamed again he ran forward, so fast no one saw him move. A vampire. His mouth was wide open, baring brilliant white teeth, sharp fangs that were ready to kill the men. Both man dropped me and pushed me in to the mud. The dirt scratched and burned my eyes. My head hit on rock; I felt the blood pulse out. I felt dizzy. I moved my arm trying to find the ring. I could not see anything; my eyes smarted and wept blood instead of tears. My eye lids closed over the pain attempting to shut away all agony.

I heard shouts of anguish from the two men. I felt the ground move. I heard the a man shout,

“He’s dead you…” Edward cut him of by screaming. I wanted to see what was going on I opened my eyes, the pain was excruciating. The man with brown hair was lying on the ground, just inches away from me. His eyes open and skin pale with two small marks in his neck. I saw, and heard, Edward scream again in the shorter of the two men’s ear. It was the loudest of the screams and in someone’s ear. The man stopped moving, frozen with pain. I had to close my eyes they were burning even more. I then heard ripping and tearing of skin, flesh and bone. All Edward said was,

“That’s not nice language to say in front of a lady.”

EDWARD

I growled at myself, wondering how long could I stand here and not sink my teeth into her pure pinkie white skin and taste that heavenly blood. A minute? No, it was just a matter of seconds. I growled again, the thought of drink made my mind act rationally so I walked slowly over. And bent down to her head.

“You saved me.” She whispered feebly. If only she was knew I was about to kill her.

“I owe you so much… yet all I can offer is my love.” Her eyes opened slightly, they were full of blood. I moved closer to her and screamed. She did not defend her self. Just closed her eyes and cried. I was about to bite her when she thought, I love him. Then like looking in to a mirror I saw a picture of a vampire screaming in my face. I felt scared. The first time in my life I felt something and I realised I was experiencing her emotions. I stood up and walk gradually away from her. I felt a pain in my chest.

“I can’t see you, where are you. I love you,” April stuttered.

“Go,” was all I said.

“But…” Why do humans always ask questions?

“Just go, please” I said back the pain got worse in my chest, I had never felt pain, emotional or physical before today. I felt as though she was my world. Everything I thought of was her. The pain was unbearable thus I shouted at it hoping it would go away. I fell to my knees. Screaming and shouting. Was it raining, because water was running down my cheeks? Weird noises came from me, like heavy breathing. I looked up as saw April stumble away. She was gone. The only person to cause me pain, yet I …loved her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!
im begging of you!