Living Hearts, Dead Hearts and Love Hearts

Chapter 4

APRIL

Although the country wanted to rejoice at the news of my engagement, they could not. My father, the King, had been killed so a funeral was to be held so the whole country could say goodbye.

I was sad that my father could not see me at my coronation, see a woman rule the country. And according to those pathetic knights, I did a better job than my father. Ha.
EDWARD

It took a long time for me to get used to the maids running around April’s castle. They often caught me off guard. Most of them don’t know how close to death they have come. Nevertheless I have kept my promise.

APRIL

The months running up to the wedding were mad. Who knew a wedding would need so much time to plan, I mean the actual ceremony would last one hour. The time put in would make more sense if the wedding lasted five days.

I sat in the study pouring over wedding brochures. Edward was away, hunting as he put it.

“Ah my Queen how are you?” he asked as he bursted into the study. I knew he could hear my thoughts about how I hate that name but I still said,

“One is quite fine, tired though. How was the hunting?”

“You sound so stupid with that posh accent. And hunting was good.”

“I know it sounds stupid but every time someone, i.e. you, refers to me as ‘Queen’ I shall speak very poshly.” I replied trying, in vain, not to laugh.

“Your Majesty poshly is not a word,” Edward stated before walking swiftly over to me, kissing my lips gently. All I had to think about that was, huh I give up. When Edward kisses me I swear the world stops along with my heart. The sad thing is the world can’t stop for long as Edward’s self control is not as strong as I would like it to be. Shame.

The wedding was beautiful and that night the party was held. We spent the whole night dancing; twirling, swirling and laughing. I was great to see Edward talk to other men. Weird isn’t, but coming up to the wedding, Edward had worried about fitting in. Okay one odd person steered clear of him, but that was some old superstitious person. This was the happiest I had ever felt, but I could tell better days were to come.

EDWARD

The ceremony was beautiful. Queen April was magnificent. Her dress was the purest of whites, her bouquet of flowers apparently smelled nice, to me horrid, however her blood was heavenly. It was quite impressive how the ceremony passed by so quickly compared to April’s planning.

The gathering of the high class people after the wedding was so daunting. All those humans in a small space terrified me, emotions how I hate them. Anyway, I spent the first hour wondering how long I could spend in that room with out breaking my promise. But thankfully I never broke my promise. That was satisfying.

I was still getting used to emotion: so my trips out hunting when my senses let me be true to my self, I got away from all emotion.

Two years later April gave birth to little boy. More joy filled me, but only seconds later I then realised that when he turned eighteen he would become a bloodthirsty vampire like I used to be.

“Don’t worry, you will guide him and warn him of the troubles that will accrue if he does become bloodthirsty” April said, she added, “anyway, then you and your son can go on hunting trips. Like humans do, with a few exceptions.” Oh how I loved her, every small thing about her. But the thing I love about her most was the fact she had given me a chance at human life and being accepted.

…their son grew up to be a man. When he was eighteen he leant about vampires, met his true love and became King when April became old. April was turned into a vampire and lived in the forest with Edward. All in all, they live happily ever after.
The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it!

comment!

their will not be a sequel, sorry!