Status: Finished.

Paper Cranes

Chapter Fourteen

Elizabeth

"Did he really...see...me...?" I asked in a daze as Cathy hurriedly tied the strings of the hospital gown tightly.

"Yeah," Cathy said, a sympathetic tone to her voice, "Do you want to see him?"

Do I? I'm not really sure. Well, okay, as long as it wont be awkward.

"Sure." I tugged at my damp hair in embarrassment, "If he's still out there."

Of course he was. He had been sitting against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway, his face in his hands, when Cathy opened the door. At the click of the doorknob, his face shot up to look at Cathy, who motioned him inside.

"You two gonna be okay by yourselves?" Cathy asked, looking directly at me.

"We'll be fine," I said, still tugging at a lock of damp hair.

Cathy closed the door after muttering an 'okay'.

Brendon awkwardly stood there.

"Well?" I asked, expectantly, "Aren't you going to sit down."

"I can't."

A scowl of confusion crossed my face, "Why not?"

"Because I might not get back up."

I pushed down the rising blush, gulping silently.

Brendon

The plan was to get in, say goodnight, and get out. However, right now, standing here looking at her, it was easier said than done.

"Suit yourself."

I finally noticed that she wasn't laying down in the bed, but sitting up, her body turned towards me on her own.

"I'm supposed to say...supposed to say..." God, why couldn't I just say it? Spit it out, already!

"Supposed to say...?" she echoed, confused.

"I've got a question," I suddenly said before I realized it.

"Okay, shoot."

I sat down, leaning forward a bit. Oh, crap. I'm sitting. Damn it.

"Yesterday, my wish came true."

"Yeah...?"

"So, I was wondering...what did you wish for?" I finally realized that the question was floating through my head for a while.

"Well, I...I can't really tell you," she replied, fiddling with the tape that held her IV in her arm and kicking her legs.

"Why not?" I demanded stubbornly. Real smooth, Brendon. She's probably going to get all mad and lecture-y.

"Because, it's a secret." She pulled her legs into the bed and laid down into the position she was usually in.

"Aw, come on, please?" I gave her my best smile.

"My wish...was...was that your wish came true," she admitted bashfully.

"Awww, Ellie!" Before I could stop myself (again), I captured her in a tight hug, rubbing my face into her slow drying hair which smelled like vanilla.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's just a filler chapter, and we all know fillers are boring and uneventful.
Thanks for reading, anyway.
♥Loser
(127 Readers; 43 Subscribers; 43 Comments)
STILL LOVE YOU GUYS!!!