Status: Finished.

Paper Cranes

Chapter Twenty

Elizabeth

"So you and Brendon are best friends, right?" I assumed. I watched Ryan's long, skinny fingers play with some bracelets on his arm.

"Yeah. How'd you know? Did Brendon tell you?" he asked. He had this tone of voice that made my pinkie twitch. Weird, yeah?

"No," I replied, "It's just a lucky guess."

I saw his eye twitch. Because of me? Am I an irritation? An annoyance?

"You don't like me very much," I observed, tilting my head, "I can tell."

"It's not like-"

"My mom used to look at me like that," I told him before he denied it, "Then I got admitted in the hospital and I never saw her again."

He stared at me, in utter shock, I assume. It usually shocked people to hear that my mother never really loved me. I really don't understand why. I mean, could you blame her?

"I'm...sorry..."

I think the statement even shocked him.

"No problem. Love changes the way you look at everyone."

"Who said I loved him?"

"Considering you assumed I was talking about you is proof enough right there," I smiled, "Plus it is so obvious."

"It's written right...there!" I laughed, pointing at his forehead. Strangely enough, he laughed with me.

Brendon

There was a crash. Naturally, I panicked and rushed out of the bathroom. Good thing I was only reading some 'wall manual' about how to use a tampon.

I know I'm weird, you don't have to tell me.

"What the hell-" I stopped as soon as I realized what had happened. Ryan kicked over the table and fell back in the chair. The two of them were laughing.

Together.

They were getting along.

I heaved a sigh of contentment, "Finally."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and late because I was being fat and lazy.
Lol.
FINALLY! THEY GET ALONG!
♥♥Loser
(190 Reader; 70 Subscribers; 65 Comments)
You guys are awesome!