Status: Finished.

Paper Cranes

Chapter Four

Brendon

"Come on, you've got to stay with her!" the blonde nurse from before, whom I understand to be Cathy, said desperately.

"I can't!" I said, prying the woman off of my arm and attempted to hurry back to my aunt's room where my family and band mates were.

"But she's got no one else!" she called after me, "She's got no one else and everyone is giving up and abandoning her. But you- you got her to laugh, didn't you?"

I stopped walking. Knowing that she caught my attention, she continued.

"She hasn't laughed, or even cracked a real smile, for a really long time. We were beginning to think she had forgotten how. I've been her nurse for two, almost three years now. And the nurse before me was with her for three full years. That's almost six years! No one her age should ever have to be in this place for that long!"

Ah, hell, she was beginning to get to me. I could feel the guilt seeping in.

"And you saved her. That's got to make you feel even a little worried as to how she's doing."

I sighed.

"Fine, fine," I said, "But only for a few hours."

"Yay!" Cathy clapped, jumping up and down with excitement, "But, first – my niece is a big fan."

Elizabeth

"Wait, come on! You can't do this!" The sudden outburst was followed by loud banging.

My eyes shot open

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked the strange male.

"What does it look like? I'm trying to get out! You're psychotic nurse just locked me in here with- you're awake?" he asked, turning around to look at me.

"Do you honestly think anyone can sleep with all of your yelling?"

"Sorry," he apologized, blushing with embarrassment.

I let out an exasperated sigh, only for it to be replaced by a sleepy yawn.

"It's just that," he continued suddenly, a grin spreading across his face, "The way you were sleeping made it looked like nothing could wake you up."

I rolled my eyes, and stared out the window.

"So who are you, anyway?" I asked, not even attempting to pry my eyes away from the fluffy morning clouds.

"You're kidding right?"

Oh, how arrogant.

"Yeah, I'm seriously joking. I know exactly who you are!" I said sarcastically.

"Really?" he asked suspiciously.

"No. So, are you going to tell me or not?"

"You didn't introduce yourself!" the brunette accused defensively.

God, what the hell was this guy trying to avoid.

"Elizabeth Hiroshi, like Hiroshima, but without the 'ma'," I told him, a bored expression on my face, "And you are...?

"Brendon Urie."

My eyes widened, a gasp escaping my lips as a realization came over me.