Status: Finished.

Paper Cranes

Chapter Six

Catherine

I was pushing a cart of food from the cafeteria to Elizabeth's room.

"Excuse me," someone had asked from behind. I turned around to see three men, all brunette.

"Have you seen our friend?" the one with the hat asked, "We can't find him anywhere."

"Your friend?"

"Yeah, he's about...five-eight, five-nine. Twenty two years old. Dark hair and eyes,' the hat wearing guy continued.

"And he's got a big head!" the shortest of the three added.

I sighed, forcing back a laugh, "Come with me."

The men followed me as I continued to push the cart to Elizabeth's hospital room. After fumbling around in my pockets, I pulled out the key card to room and slid it through the hotel-like lock.

"Since when do hospitals have locks like that?" asked the tallest brunette, whom I knew from the posters on my niece's wall was Spencer Smith.

"Since a rich little girl's parents decided to upgrade her room," I mumbled, slipping the key out as the light on the lock turned green.

I pushed open the door, and my heart melted at the site.

"Awwww!" I nearly squealed.

Elizabeth

"Brendon!" the outburst made me wake up with a start, and paper crinkled beneath my fingers. I rubbed my eyes.

"Does everyone have to be so damn loud!" I hissed, still rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Sorry, sorry!" an unfamiliar brunette with a hat apologized, "But you've kinda got our friend under your arm."

I lazily dragged my eyes to my left arm, which happened to be draped around Brendon's blanket ensconced shoulder. His head lie peacefully in my lap, his hand resting almost awkwardly on my thigh, just inches away from the paper crane I was holding.

"Brendon," I shook him as everyone stayed silent, "Brendon."

"Hm?"

"Your friends are here."

"So?"

"You have to get up."

"Mm mm," he grunted in protest.

"You have to."

"Five more minutes."

"Brendon-"

"But you're warm."

"Brendon," the tallest sighed irritably, "Your aunt wants to see you."

Brendon's head immediately shot up, "She's awake?"

"Yeah," the shortest mystery man nodded.

Brendon stared at me for a moment before a beautiful smile of happiness spread across his face. His eyes lit up with the same happiness. It seemed as if he was trying to convey a message to me using only his expressions.

I just smiled back.

To my surprise, it was easier put on than the other fake smiles.

I knew exactly why, too.

Because it wasn't fake.

Brendon

I felt as if the world was lifted off my shoulder as I looked into my aunt's chestnut eyes.

"Hey, Aunt Fay," I smiled at the woman as she sat up in her hospital bed.

"Hey Brenny-Bear!" she smiled back.

"God, I'm so glad you're okay," I breathed, wrapping my arms around the older woman, who laughed whole heartedly.

"Me, too, Brenny-Bear. Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't have time to read through this. Consider it the raw copy.
Notify me of any mistakes.
Please and thank you.
♥Loser