Status: Finished.

Paper Cranes

Chapter Seven

Elizabeth

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked Cathy as she pushed the cart of food over to me, a sly smirk on her face.

"No reason," Cathy assured half-heartedly.

"Of course there is," I stated, bored-ly.

"It's just," she started, putting a cup of water in front of me, "You two looked so adorable. Tell me everything!"

I rolled my eyes, mentally slapping myself for the bad habit.

"Cathy, please don't-"

"What? I'm interested in your love life!" the blonde nurse nearly squealed. I sighed, looking down at the water.

"What love life?" I asked, taking a sip or the ice cold beverage, "I'm a girl in a hospital bed, there is no 'love life' to be had."

"Well, then why was Brendon laying on you and all?" Cathy asked, as if she caught me doing something that I was denying. Of course, I wasn't, but Cathy's a psycho nurse.

"We just talked, okay?" I told her with a sigh.

"About?" she made herself comfortable on my hospital bed.

"Just stuff. And anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm probably never going to see him again."

Brendon

"Why did it take you so long to get here, Brenny-Bear?" Aunt Fay asked, staring at the ceiling.

"The guys had to come and find me," I answered, looking over at them.

"Where were you?"

"Just down a few halls. No where special," I replied, with a small yawn.

"He was with a girl!" Spencer grinned triumphantly.

"A very pretty girl!" Ryan added.

"Thanks guys," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes for good measure.

"A girl? So what'd you do with this...very pretty girl?" my aunt winked at me.

"She's in a hospital bed, Aunt Fay."

"I hear hospital beds are very comfortable when you ever wanna-"

"Aunt Fay!" I whined, "We just talked."

"Sure you did."

1 Hour Ago

"What are you doing?" I asked the sick girl as her hands moved quickly and expertly as she folded the paper.

"Take a wild guess," she replied, her expression emotionless.

"Making more...things?" I tried, looking up at the colorful ceiling. She nodded from the corner of my eye.

"How many of those things do you have?" I asked Elizabeth.

"Actually, this is my 4,999th ," she replied, before adding, quite annoyed, "And they're paper cranes, not things!"

Four thousand nine-hundred and ninety-nine?! Quite frankly, I'm not surprised.

I grinned sheepishly at her.

"Why are you here, anyway?" Elizabeth asked, as she dropped the 'paper crane' to the floor on the other side of her. Or so it appeared.

"I already told you-"

"Not my hospital room, the hospital itself," she clarified as she folded the red paper into complicated shapes.

"I'm supposed to be visiting my aunt whose in a coma, but uh..."

"You're stuck in here with the freaky weird dying girl."

"Elizabeth-"

"There! Five thousand!" she gave an accomplished grin. She looked at me expectantly, "Well, aren't you going to make a wish with me?"

"A wish?"

"Sure," she smiled, "Fold a thousand cranes, and you get one wish. Fold five thousand, and you get five."

"Okay..."

She sighed, "I want to share my wish with you!" she stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Uhm..."

"Just shut up and take the wing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I've got twenty subscribers!
I've never had that many so soon before!
...
As you may be able to tell, I have no idea how to right huge numbers with 'th', 'rd', or 'nd' at the end.
It's just impossible for me!
...
Anyway, thank you all for subscribing and commenting! You guys are awesome!
Oh, and I'm sorry for any mistakes! I've just been writing to pass the time while I wait for MegaVideo to let me watch the next Degrassi: The Next Generation Season 4 episode!
:]
♥♥♥Loser