Falling For Rockstars

Thinking of her.

Chapter 6

“This is so nice of you to let me come to your interview.” Melissa said, snuggling next to Max in the limo. Craig sat across of them, trying not to let the tears fall from his eyes. He held his breath and looked out the window. All since they left the airport, he only thought of Anna. Every time he imagined her kissing him and leaving, he started to cry.

Melissa didn’t have anywhere else to go but back to her hotel. So Max asked her if she would like to come to an interview the band have.

“Yes. Of course I do.” Melissa excitedly said. She grabbed his arm and skipped out of the airport. Craig stand there for a moment until he heard Max called for him. Now, they were in the limo going to The Early Show.

“My gosh! Look at this crowd!” Max said, glancing outside the window. A huge crowd was outside next to The Early Show plaza. Most of them were teenagers with posters and signs saying “I Love ETF!” or “Marry Me Craig!” Stuff like that.

“You’re right!” Melissa laughed and lay back down. Craig stared out and then, moaned.

“Ah, come on, Craig. Cheer up! We don’t want you to be unhappy during the interview. If they ask you anything about your relationship, just say nothing. I will answer for you, ok?” Max said. Craig stared at him and then, nodded. The limo drove to the back on the building where another limo and a tour bus were waiting. Bryan and Robert were talking to a couple guys when they saw the limo. Max put down the window.

“Hey. Where the hell have you been?” Bryan asked. Max opened the door and stepped out. Melissa and Craig followed. “How she is?”

“Sorry, Monte. We had to say goodbye to someone special at the airport. This is Melissa, um, my date for tonight.” Max looked and smiled down at Melissa. Melissa stared back at him.

“Really? A date? Alone? You and Me?” Melissa blurted. Max shook his head and Melissa hugged him. Bryan mouthed what’s going on, but Craig just shrugged his shoulders and started walking inside the building. Everyone else followed with their guitars and drums.

The band was put in a room for makeup and microphones checks. Melissa stood in the back nervously sitting down. Max bothered to look at her and smiled. She smiled back. Whoa, I’m at an interview, Melissa thought. No, I’m at a band’s interview. And I’m going out with Maxwell Green. Dreams do come true.

A girl put a little blush on Craig’s face and then, left. Craig stared at the mirror in front of him and took a deep breath. Craig, get over her. You need to relax and think of something calm. Don’t think of Anna. Don’t think of Anna. Don’t think of . . . but Craig’s mind wandered off shifted into a dream.

Anna and Craig were in a park, sitting down and having a picnic. They smiled at each other and ate off the other’s food. Across from them, a little girl asked for some potato salad. Craig smiled and gave her a bowl. The little girl smiled back at him and then, looked at Anna. Anna stared the girl, too and before he knew it, the little girl and Anna were gone.

Craig shook his head and stared back the mirror. He just couldn’t help it. All he thought about was Anna and that was the only person he could think of. Someone came behind him and told him to be ready in two minutes. Max and the guys got the same message and started to get up.

“Is it time?” Melissa asked. Max came near her and nodded his head. Then, he bent down and kissed her cheek. Melissa’s face turned bright red like a ripe apple and tried to cover it.

“Don’t. You looked cute like that.” Max said. That made her blushed even more. Max giggled and then, left with the guys.

Soon, the guys were in front of the camera with the hosts. Melissa stood backstage, looking at them and seeing the crowd outside, yelling different things.

The hosts talked about their songs, the tour they were doing and their love lives. Craig tensed up when they began asking questions about girlfriends and how their relationships are.

“Max, do you have a girlfriend right now? Or are you single?” One of them asked. Max giggled nervously.

“Um, yes. Actually, I’m dating someone.”

“Who? What’s her name? Is she a celeb? Tell!” Another asked, cooing him. Max giggled more nervously and looked at the camera.

“Um. Her name’s Melissa Howie. She is a fan I met a couple nights ago. I fell in love with her the first time I met her.” Melissa looked at him and opened her mouth. This couldn’t be happening, Melissa thought. He admitted that he likes me on nationwide TV. Melissa smiled nervously and held herself from falling.

“Aww. That’s so cute.” The cooing host said. Then, she turned to Craig. “Craig, are you dating someone?” Craig tensed up more and looked at her. His eyes were wide-opened, looking at her with horror. Max felt the awkwardness in the room and cleared his throat.

“Um, Craig’s in a relationship, but, it’s private, though, so he doesn’t want to answer right now.” Max answered. The hosts nodded and went to Bryan and Robert. Craig felt relieved and took a breath.

When the interview was over and they sung their song, “The Flood”, they stepped into backstage and packed everything up. Melissa found Max and hugged him.

“Well, hello.” Max said and looked down at her. Melissa reached up and kissed him. The kiss lasted a while, but then, Melissa pulled away. “Um. Whoa.” Max touched his lips.

“I can’t believe you said that on nationwide TV.” Melissa said. Max shrugged his shoulder and picked her up.

“Hey, everyone should know that I’m in love with a girl.” Max grinned and Melissa giggled.

Craig stared at the two for a while and then, left the building. Outside, he got in the limo and stared to cry. He couldn’t take it. Everywhere he went, he thought of Anna. Anna was only gone for a couple hours and already he felt like he was going to explore with hurt. His own world was now crashing because of Anna.

He sat in the limo, numb for awhile until he heard voices and sat up. The door opened, and Max and Melissa came in, laughing and holding hands. The tears were wiped away from Craig’s cheeks and he acted like nothing was wrong. He tried to smile, but he couldn’t bring himself to.

“So where are we going now?” Melissa asked. Max shrugged and thought.

“Oh, we can go exploring around New York again. Craig, do you mind?” Max stared at Craig, who looked up also.

“Um, no. I don’t mind. You guys can go. I rather just go back to the hotel. I just need some . . . some time to think.” Max blinked and then, nodded.

“Hey, Mel. Can you drive to the hotel, please?” Max asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Mel said. Max nodded and sat back down next to Melissa. Melissa held on closer to him and closed her eyes. Max put his arms around her and pulled her closer. Craig stared out the window and closed his eyes. Don’t think of her, Craig commanded to himself. He opened his eyes and looked at the street. But when he saw a girl with black and purple streak hair, memories of Anna came back. He sighed and continued glancing at the people on the street. Letting Anna was just a huge mistake, he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short one, but Im glad to write it down. Hope you enjoy.

Ana