Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;17

“And he didn’t even get suspicious?” Tay asked as we walked.

“Nope. For someone supposedly doing smart algebra, he isn’t that smart,” I sighed.

Spilling my guts to Tay seemed like it was the only thing I wanted to do. I had to tell someone. In fact, I think I could have told anyone. Even that weird kid at school who has this worm that he takes to every class and treats it like an actual human best friend. Yeah, that’s how desperate I was.

“You didn’t bring it up again this morning, did you?”

“Well no but he -”

“You can’t talk to Tyson about it! That is unless you want him to find out,” Tay noted.

“Okay, okay. So it was a good thing I told him to forget about it?” I asked.

“Very,” she said, ringing the doorbell.

I nodded and we waited for the door to open. A few moments later, Chris’ head popped out the door and welcomed us in. Tay rushed in and ran up the stairs, to get her precious CDs back which left Chris and I alone in the hall. Standing in the hallway I’ve never felt so awkward in my entire life. Except for when Tyson and I first met. Now that takes the gold.

I could feel Chris’ eyes on me but every time I looked over at him, he would stop and look at one of the neatly hung pictures on the wall. It was almost as if he knew something about me that even I didn’t know.

My mouth went to open to ask him about when Tay came rushing down the stairs again, a monster pile of CDs in her hands.

“Okay, thanks Chris. Let’s go,” she said, dragging me out of the house with her free hand.

We walked, technically I was dragged, in silence until we got five houses away from where we were when Tay finally piped up.

“What the hell were you thinking!?” Tay yelled.

“What do you mean ‘what was I thinking?’. I was just about to talk to Chris!” I shouted back.

“Yeah sure. Let’s talk to Chris, have your secret spill out and he goes rushing back to Tyson!”

“Well I didn’t know that and why are we yelling?!” I shrieked in my defence.

“I’m sorry for yelling. Just…Just try to be more careful next time,” she said softly.

“It’s okay,” I muttered, wondering that if my secret did come out, would it get back to Tyson in an instant.
♠ ♠ ♠
;)