Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;18

After a few hours, I decided that I had to talk to Nick. I didn't know what else to do. Chris hadn't helped, really. I needed my best friend.

When Nick knocked on the door, I pulled him into my room right away.

"Dude, what's wrong? You look like you got hit by a train," he said when we were seated on my bed.

"Thanks, Nick. It's great to see you too." Not that he wasn't right; I had dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, and I hadn't showered yet today. I wasn't even sure if I'd brushed my hair.

"Seriously, what's wrong?"

I groaned and flopped backwards to stare at the ceiling. "I'm in love with someone I shouldn't love."

"Why shouldn't you?"

"It's not the type of relationship that would generally be accepted by society."

"What, you're gay?"

I shook my head. "Worse. Way worse."

He thought for a second. "Your mom?"

"Ew. Not that bad."

"Your stepmom?"

"Getting warmer. Less gross, though."

His eyes widened. "Kaitlin."

I nodded miserably. He layed down next to me.

"It's not that bad, Ty."

I gave him a skeptical look.

He shrugged. "It could be worse." He pulled me into an laying-down hug.

I heard footsteps. "Tyson, I - whoa, sorry, didn't mean to interrupt anything." I looked up to see Kaitlin standing in my doorway, looking surprised. I wiggled out of Nick's arms and sat up.

"It's okay," Nick said, grinning. "You could always join in, if you wanted." He winked suggestively. I smacked him in the head.

"Maybe I will," Kaitlin replied, grinning back. I would have laughed, if the way she was smiling at Nick hadn't sent a wave of jealousy through me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3