Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;23

He had this smell about him. Not bad mind you. It wasn’t as if he had running for twenty miles and was all sweaty. No. Not at all. It was better. Actually, better than I expected. I was half expecting him to push me off of him when I put my head on his shoulder and say something that step brothers and sisters don’t do that kind. But he didn’t.

I thought about coming clean to Nick while I walked the corridors to my next class. I couldn’t lead him on to thinking that I actually liked him. That would just be way too mean. Way meaner than anything I’d probably ever done.

I went to turn the handle on the door only to realise it was locked. My hand went up to the glass window part of the door to stop the glare from the artificial light as I peered in. It was weird. The whole room was dark and there was not a soul inside.

“Kaitlin! There you are,” a voice startled me.

I instantly jumped back from the door, terrified that I was in major trouble for no reason what so ever. My eyes glanced to face of the figure. Only Nick.

“Ugh! You scared the crap outta me!” I fake yelled, whacking his arm.

Nick laughed, “We don’t have class this period. Something about the teacher falling over in the shower and broke her leg or something.”

Oh no! Not Mrs Brown! Eh, who am I kidding. She’s a total crab of a history teacher anyway.

I shrugged, “Neat. So what shall we do then?”

He shrugged as well, “I don’t know. Wanna go bum around outside?”

I nodded and walked beside outside where we sat under one of the large trees in the shade. His mind seemed to be else where as we walked, as was mine. I wasn’t quite sure where his was but I knew exactly where mine was. A certain step-brother.

Nick and I sat in silence for a while until I decided I had to tell him. Even though it probably meant that Ty was going to find out and probably go all weird on me.

“SoIlikeTyson,youknow,yourbestfriendandmystepbrother,” I told him in one big breath.

“AndIreally,really,reallylikeTay,you know,yourbestfriendandoneofmygoodfriend’ssister,” Nick replied, just as fast.

We looked at each other and our mouths dropped. He liked Tay!? Tay. My best friend Tay. Oh god. And I just confessed I liked Tyson.

“You what!?” We both said, pointing at each other at the same time.

“Like Tay?” I asked.

“Like Tyson?”

Then a silence came again.

“I won’t tell if you don’t tell,” Nick said, a small smile on his face.

“I think I can manage that,” I smiled back but instantly regretting it since I couldn’t sing to Tay about how Nick liked her like how she had done between me and Tyson.

Nick and I sat there for the rest of the hour, returning to our regular selves with laughter and smiles. When the bell rang, he got up and helped me up before we went back towards the school slowly.

“So promise you won’t tell?” He asked, desperate for reassurance.

“I promise,” I assured him softly, “Do you promise you won’t tell?”

“Of course Katie, of course,” Nick lightly chuckled as he put his arm around my shoulders.

I looked up at the right time. Tyson was at the entrance to the corridor not looking happy or impressed one little bit.

“I’ll…uh…see you later Nick,” I whispered, walking past Tyson once we were standing in front of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
♪ lalala.