Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;28

"Nickyyyy," I called, throwing open the door to Nick's room. Nick looked up from his guitar.

"Yes, Ty?"

I flopped down on his bed. "Who does Kaitlin like?"

"I can't tell you," Nick said, smiling.

"Pleaseeeeee?"

"Hmm... what's in it for me?"

I thought for a second. "Sex?"

"Yeah right. Chris gives that out for free," he joked.

(At least, I hoped he was joking.)

I sighed. "Well can you at least give me a hint?"

"It's a boy."

"Not good enough."

"It's a cute boy."

I rolled my eyes. "Is it someone I know?"

Nick laughed, for some reason. "Yes, Ty, it's someone you know pretty well."

I sighed in frustration. "Can you please tell me?"

Nick layed down beside me.

"You'll find out eventually, Ty." He gave me a hug.

"Is it someone that I'm going to be really upset about her liking?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I don't think it'll be too bad."

A few days later, my dad called Kaitlin and I into the living room. He and Laura were sitting on the couch.

"Hey," my dad greeted us. "Laura and I have decided that we're going to go away for a couple of weeks, and visit some of my friends in Tulsa. Are you guys going to be okay here alone?"

"We can always have a relative come and stay with you, if you'd prefer," Laura added.

Kaitlin rolled her eyes. "We'll be fine, mom. We can cook and do laundry."

"Maybe you should do it more often, then," my dad muttered under his breath, but he was smiling.

"How long are you guys going for?"

"We're leaving Friday morning -"

"This Friday? As in tomorrow?" I asked.

Laura nodded. "And well be gone for about a week. We'll be back next Saturday."

I lost track of the conversation after that, because wow. A whole week alone with Kaitlin? This could be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehehehehehehe :]