Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;30

The party ended up being more of a boring sleepover than an actual party. By the time midnight came, we were already halfway through watching the third movie that night. A few empty beer cans were strewn across the floor, but no one had had more than two beers. What an exciting party, right?

Nick and I were lying on the couch, his chest against my back. We were facing the TV, but I was barely watching the movie. My eyes kept wandering down to the floor in front of the couch, where Kaitlin was curled up, facing away from the TV (probably giving her eyes a break from the light) and staring off into space. Her hair was messy and she looked exhausted, but somehow she looked even more beautiful than she usually did. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"You should tell her tonight," Nick whispered in my ear, softly enough that no one else would hear him. I rolled over to face him, the tips of our noses almost touching.

"I can't," I whispered back.

"You have to tell her eventually, Ty."

"I know. I'm just waiting for the right moment." I didn't know if there would ever be a right moment, but I was waiting for it anyway.

"Tell her soon, okay?"

"I will," I promised.

He shifted his face a little closer to mine, brushing our lips together so softly that it couldn't even really be called a kiss, and whispered, "good luck."

"Thanks, Nick. You too," I added, glancing over at Tay, who was asleep on the floor beside Kaitlin.

He smiled.

"I'm going to bed," I announced after a few more minutes of pretending to watch the movie while actually watching Kaitlin.

"Me too," Nick said. There were murmured okay's and goodnight's from Mike, Chris, and Kaitlin.

In my room, Nick and I changed into our pajama pants and crawled into my bed. We were silent for a few minutes, until we heard Kaitlin and Tay walk past my door, giggling quietly, on the way to Kaitlin's room.

"Hey, Nick," I said softly, "If you went in there right now and kicked Kaitlin out of her room, I don't think Tay would mind."

"I know," Nick replied, "But I want to wait until Tay and I are actually together. I want it to be special." He grinned. "Besides, I don't think Kaitlin would be very happy if we did it in her bed."

I laughed. "Probably not."

"'Night, Ty."

"'Night," I replied. As I was drifting off to sleep, I made myself a promise that I'd tell Kaitlin tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, this was fun to write :]