Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;32

I heard footsteps walking past my door. I peeked out. It was Kaitlin. Perfect.

I quietly followed her down the hall. She entered the kitchen. I waited until she was busy making sandwiches at the counter, then I creeped up behind her and put my hands over her eyes.

"Eep!" she shrieked, giggling.

"I have a surpriseeeeee," I said.

"And what is that?"

I took my hands off her eyes and reched into my pocket, pulling out my prized posessions - the reason I was up at 6 a.m. that morning. Two concert tickets.

"There's some crappy local band playing a show in the park tonight. Wanna go with me?" I handed her one of the tickets.

"I'd love to," she replied, laughing. "Now help me make some sandwiches for everyone."

I danced into my room and flopped down onto the bed, poking Nick.

He yawned. "What?"

"Guess who's taking Kaitlin to a concert tonight?"

"Good for you, Ty. I'm going back to sleep now."

I frowned, then headed downstairs to see if I could get a reaction out of Chris.

I worked all day, deciding what I was going to say to Kaitlin, and how I was going to tell her that I was in love with her. Nick helped a little, telling me which ideas sounded good, and which sounded dumb. By the time Kaitlin knocked on my bedroom door to tell me that we should leave soon, I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to say.

For most of the concert, we didn't say anything. However, the dancing made up for that.

It started out innocent and playful, but the longer the concert went on, the closer we got. We were still laughing and joking, but at the same time I could feel an almost magnetic pull, urging me to get closer, to close more of the gap between our bodies.

It wasn't just me, either. Kaitlin was moving in too, her hips rocking closer and closer to mine. All I needed was an excuse, some reason for me to finally make our bodies touch, and then I would tell her.

That excuse came during the last song of the concert. The band switched to a slow song, and I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her in, swaying to the beat. She smiled up at me and wrapped her arms around my neck, laying her head on my shoulder. I took a deep breath, then whispered my carefully rehearsed words in her ear.

"Kaitlin, let's pretend for tonight that we aren't related."

She looked up at me, still swaying slowly to the beat, her eyes wide, and nodded. My heart pounded in my chest as I leaned down to kiss her.

I waited for her to push me away, to run away screaming, to tell me that I was twisted and disgusting, but she didn't. She stood up on her tiptoes and met my lips with her own.

The moment our lips touched, the noise of the crowd, the music, and the rest of the outside world all disappeared. All that existed anymore was Kaitlin: her soft lips, her quiet breathing, her warm body pressed against mine. Nothing else mattered.

When I eventually had the willpower to pull away, I whispered, "Kaitlin, I love you."

"I love you too, Ty," she whispered back. I kissed her again, and then took her hand, pulling her out of the park without waiting for the band to finish.

The walk home was hurried, almost frantic. When we were finally inside the house, she wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing me again, harder. I wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her off the floor, letting her wrap her legs around my waist. I didn't break the kiss as I carried her down the hallway to my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehehehe :]