Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;34

When I woke up the next morning, I kept my eyes closed, wondering if last night was a dream. If it was, I was going to be pretty disappointed. But I could hear soft breathing next to me so I opened my eyes.

Kaitlin was asleep next to me, looking as beautiful as ever. I smiled, then sighed, wondering what would happen today.

I rolled over to look at the clock, then groaned. It was 6 a.m. I considered going back to sleep, but my mind was thinking too hard now, and my stomach churned with a mixture of nerves and hunger. Deciding that it would be best to fix at least one of those problems, I headed downstairs to find some food.

I found Nick downstairs on the couch, watching TV.

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you here? Why are you even up this early?"

He yawned. "I dunno. How'd last night go?"

I shrugged.

"Did you guys do it?"

I shook my head, and sat next to him.

"What happened?"

"We got close, but she didn't want to." I almost added "yet", but I realized that I didn't know if she ever wanted to.

"Are you guys together now?"

I realized that we weren't, not really. I shook my head again.

"Hmm. Well, I'm sure that it'll happen eventually."

I sighed. "What if she doesn't want to be with me? What if she wakes up, remembers that I'm her stepbrother, and wants to forget the whole thing?"

Nick shook his head. "I don't think that'll happen. She really likes you."

I stared at him. "Oh my God, you knew she liked me."

He grinned sheepishly. "Well, yeah. I told you it was a cute boy."

I laughed. "You dick, you should have told me!" I hugged him happily.

"Sorry," he said, hugging me back.

I couldn't stop grinning. Kaitlin liked me. She really did like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rawr? :D