Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;36

I hesitated for a few seconds after Nick left. I didn't know how I should act around Kaitlin.

Would things be awkward?

Maybe.

Would she want a relationship with me?

Maybe.

Did I want a relationship with her?

Fuck yes.

I decided that if she didn't want a relationship, I couldn't do any more harm then I'd already done. I headed into the kitchen.

Kaitlin was standing at the counter, making coffee. I stepped up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Hey," I said softly. She turned around and smiled shyly at me.

"Hey," she replied. I kissed her softly. She kissed back, and I felt her arms wrap around my neck.

"So," I said when we pulled away.

"So?" she echoed.

"I guess this is kinda weird... but do you want to be my slightly incestuous girlfriend?"

She laughed. "Yeah, I do."

I grinned and leaned in, kissing her again. She moved closer, tightening her arms around my neck. I lifted her up onto the counter and continued kissing her.

There was a beep from the coffee machine, and Kaitlin pulled away.

"Breakfast time," she announced. She hopped off the counter and began pouring a cup of coffee.

I sighed, but I was hungry. And there'd be lots of time after breakfast to do whatever we wanted.

I put a bagel in the toaster and wondered how fast I could finish eating.
♠ ♠ ♠
[;