Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;39

Don’t get me wrong, I love Nick and I love how close of a friend he was to Tyson, but in all honesty, he’s starting to hang around us more and more. I knew what was going on since Ty told me. I felt sorry for Nick with the whole parents divorcing thing but was that a reason to pretty much spend every waking moment with Tyson? No. Okay, okay, I get the they’re like best friends but best friends don’t spent each moment together.

I don’t even think Tyson saw it, even with his big blue eyes. It was probably just like how it was before he started dating me and Tay with Nick for that matter. Tyson, being the good friend he was, was there for Nick in the night when he would come over crying, or when Nick wanted to hang out even though we were busy. I couldn’t blame him but it was just like he didn’t care anymore about us or our relationship.

The parentals did end up coming back, but something was different. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. But with the whole Nick situation, there was no need to worry about hiding the lack of our relationship since Tyson seemed more wrapped up in Nick.

I was quite happily sitting on the couch by myself, watching old reruns of cartoons and drinking a can of Pepsi. Of course, my boyfriend was off with his friend. I had no clue where my step-dad had gotten to but my mother made her presence known when she came in and turned the television off.

“Mom! Do you mind? I was watching that!” I instantly blurted out, wanting to see what happened to the animation.

“Katie, sweetie, I know you want to watch cartoons but this is important,” she said, sitting next to me.

“Oh, okay. What is it?” I asked.

She paused and exhaled a deep breath. Whatever it was, I knew it would be big news. My mother always did have trouble explaining things. I watched as she tapped her fingers on her leg and looked around the room. That only meant one thing was going to happen. I knew what it was. And I didn’t want the words to come out of her mouth.

“Things aren’t working out here, Katie. Your step-father and I are getting divorced so we‘re,” she explained.

Don’t you say it. Don’t you dare say the ‘m’ word. I’m not moving. I refuse to move. I like it too much here. I’ve made so many good friends. I finally have a great boyfriend, even though he’s totally blowing me off at the moment for his best friend. La la la la la, I can’t hear you!

“Moving.”

I knew it was coming but it still stung a little when the word came out. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes. I could tell she wasn’t happy here just by looking into them. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

I gave another sigh, picking at the metal tab on top of the soda can. I couldn’t just tell my mother that I didn’t want to leave as much as I wanted. There was nothing I could probably do anyway. I thought about it for a moment, actually more about Tyson and what would happen with us. He wouldn’t miss me that much. I’d be lucky if he even noticed my absence since he was so busy with Nick.

“When do we leave?” I asked.

“In a few days. That’ll give you time to say your goodbyes and pack,” Mom said, getting up and leaving the room.

I guess it’s time to say hello to my good friend, Mr. Packing Box again.
♠ ♠ ♠
D: Long time, no update.