Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;45

After about two months, it stopped working. It honestly did. The first two weeks were the best for the short period of time but it all went downhill after that. We were either too busy for each other or we had no way to get to each other.

Calling didn’t seem to work either. At first, he would answer but then stopped. I don’t know why, maybe it was something I did. No, Kaitlin. You did nothing wrong. It’s completely his fault that he doesn’t answer. Or I had come to one other over dramatic conclusion.

Nick.

The only other thought that would come to mind was him. He would spend so much time with Tyson, he could easily have access to his cell and disconnect my calls.

I couldn’t deal with not knowing where we stood in our relationship anymore so I skipped school and headed back without my mother knowing anything. My mind wondered if I was doing the right thing the whole way there until I arrived at his doorstep.

I knocked briefly before I slowly went in, cautiously. My ears were filled with the group’s laughter and I followed it, Tyson jumping up off the couch and to me once he saw me.

“Katie!” He beamed, hugging me tightly.

“Hey,” I said awkwardly, patting his back.

He must have noticed my awkwardness and pulled back, “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” I muttered, “I just need to talk to you is all.”

“Oh, okay, let’s talk then.”

“Here?” I asked in front of everyone.

Tyson nodded.

I knew that once I said the words, there was probably no going back and Nick would no doubt stand up and yell at me.

“I wanna break up,” I mumbled.