Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;47

Nick’s glance narrowed toward me when Tyson walked out of the room. Before he even got a chance to say a thing to me, Tay had already pulled him back and muttered something in his ear that caused him to get up and walk off. No doubt it was to go check on Tyson.

The awkwardness between the remaining people in the room was getting larger and larger by the second and I couldn’t deal with it anymore.

“Katie -” Tay said.

I walked off to the front door, slamming it behind me. My hands were shoved in my pockets and I hurried down the path, trying to hold it all together. I kept telling myself that this was all for the better. He’d be free, I’d be free and we wouldn’t have to worry about making a long distance relationship work.

My eyes had already starting to fill with the tears when I felt a hand on my shoulder swing me around, “Kaitlin.”

Nick had a remorseful expression on his face as he sighed, “Why?”

“Why what? This has nothing to do with you, Nick,” I said, wiping the corners of my eyes.

“I’m sorry for-”

“Nick! This has nothing to do with you,” I shrieked.

“I’m sorry for being such a dick. I just didn’t want Tyson getting hurt. I’m sorry, I just really care about him,” he said, firmly.

“This has noth-”

“Kaitlin, shut up and listen to me. He loves you, so god damn much and I know you can make this work. Just don’t leave him!”

“Nick-”

“He. Loves. You. You’re making a mistake. Kaitlin, please, just think this over,” Nick begged.

It was me who sighed this time, “Nick, I don’t know. I can’t do the distance. It just doesn’t work. I’m sorry.”

“Kaitlin! Please! Take some fucking time and make sure this is what you want! He bought you a fucking ring, Kaitlin, a fucking ring. Do you know what you fucking mean to him?” He yelled, raising his hands in the air out of frustration.

My facial expression softened, “What?” I asked softly.

He ran a hand through his hair, “Yeah, I bet you didn’t know that. But what does it matter now? You’re broken up.”

“Nick, I don’t know, just give me some time to think. Maybe an hour, a few days, weeks, months or even a few years. I just don’t think it can work with the distance,” I mumbled.

“That’s all I ask,” Nick lightly smiled, pulling me in for a hug before I had to return home, questioning the whole situation.