This, Is Getting Over You

Chapter 2: Over Exposed

Oh fuck Del... The black suited man turned away angrily, his long black greasy hair blowing in the gentle wind as he trudged away, leaving me in to sit in the mud as I stared in wonder.

“Oi you.” A voice yelled behind me as another peanut was thrown at the back of my head, bringing me back to reality. I looked over my shoulder to see Vinnie with a most amused smile on his face.

“Who was that?” He asked, in between shoving a handful of peanuts into his mouth and chewing.

“That-” I looked back in front of me where the man who’d knocked me over had been standing just moments before. “-That was Gerard Way.”

The packet of peanuts plummeted to the muddy ground behind me as I turned back to see Vinnie in complete shock, his arms frozen in the position they had been in when holding the bag of peanuts.

“That was Gerard Way?” Vinnie finally spoke, his facial expression frozen on his pale face. I nodded solemnly, What a royal fucking screw up that was. You’d think that when you finally got to meet a member from one of your favourite bands that you’d be a little happier- rather then be the biggest bitch this side of pluto. After all: it was his music that inspired you to sing, and that inspired your band to play, so when you meet him, shouldn’t you say thankyou?

Vinnie didn’t say anything else, he just looked at me. He must of seen everything that had happened, me being knocked over into the mud and then being a complete bitch.

I scrambled out of the mud, my palms covered in the thick brown substance and my jeans were no longer just black, and made my way over to Vinnie, who’s expression was frozen in shock.

“Get over it.” I mumbled angrily, mostly at myself as I walked past him and went inside our bus.

“What happened to you!” John laughed as he saw me enter, he was already sitting at a small table with Josh playing a game of fish where the cards where spread out across the wooden surface.

“Guess.” I spat angrily, pushing past Emma who had just emerged from the bathroom.

“Uh..Del.” She called behind me, her American accent stuck out like a swore thumb against the Australian drawl the rest of us possessed. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked angrily towards her. All I wanted was get out of these clothes.

Emma looked nervous for a second, then smiled. “I think you should get changed. You guys have a photo shoot in two hours.”

“Really?” I asked in surprise, my anger and annoyance completely draining from my face. I loved photo shoots, we always had so much fun at them. Even though we all looked like crap after a forty-eight hour flight. Who said being in a rock band would ever be easy.

Emma nodded as Vinnie bounded excitedly into the bus.

“Did someone say photo shoot?” He asked, glancing around to examine each person’s expression. “Why?”

“Because, no one knows who you guys are. and we need to get some posters and photos out there. So, go get changed or something.” Emma spoke, pulling out a flashy silver mobile phone from her pocket and began to dial some numbers as she exited the bus.

“Shot gun the bathroom!” John squealed and jumped up from his seat at the table, knocking half of the playing cards onto the floor, It hadn’t taken us long to mess up the bus. Everyone quickly jumped to their feet and ran after John as all four of us squeezed into the tight restraints of the bus’ bathroom.

“I said shot gun.” He mumbled, trying to push the rest of us out the door.

“I’m the girl!” I protested, my face rammed up against Josh’s back, whose legs were tangled in between Vinnie, who, was desperately trying to hold onto the bathroom doorframe so he would not get pushed out.

“What’s your point? I’m the best looking one here.” Josh joined in the protest as the weight of our bodies was to strong for John to push away. Oh how vein we were when it came to who had first dibs on the bathroom.

Finally John won his battle of the ugly, as he pushed us out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut, leaving us in a pile of limbs and mud on the floor, as the sound of gushing water begun inside the bathroom.

“So Josh, did Del tell you who she ran into outside.” Vinnie asked from his place under the bottom of the human pile of bodies, emphasizing the ‘ran into’ part.

“No. Who?” Josh questioned, pushing me off him and onto the floor, pulling his wild hair away from his eyes.

“Gerard Way!” Vinnie mused as he pushed Josh off himself and got to his feet. Josh looked at me in astonishment causing me to blush.

“He pushed me in the mud…” I mumbled joining Vinnie on my feet. “…the fucker.” I added, causing the two guys to laugh.

“I thought you liked him and his band.” Josh questioned, pointing out the large MCR sticker on one of my black suitcases abandoned near by. It was Josh who had introduced me to their music when the band was still unknown, he had seen them floating around the internet and looked into them. Then when the band struck it big in America, we were complete fans.

“I did, well still do. Just don’t appreciate being pushed into the mud.” I argued, waving my arms around to point out my mud covered arms and clothing.

Both boys broke out in fits of laughter just as John reappeared from the bathroom, his damp black locks clinging to his confused face.

“Whadid I miss?”

“Nothing.” I muttered, pushing past him and straight into the bathroom.

Removing my dirty clothing from my exhausted body I turned on the taps and stood under the water. I could hear muffled voices outside the bathroom door as the water hit down on my naked skin, making me feel human again.

After the shower I went out in search of clean clothing, throwing various items out of my suitcase onto the floor behind me in as I tried to find my other pair of black jeans. There was a knock at the bus door and Vinnie quickly got up to answer it.

“Hello!!” An excited and unfamiliar voice echoed up into the small spaces of the bus. Josh walked by the bus door, stuffing his face with a bag of potato chips and glanced down the stairway and back up at me.

“I suggest you put some more clothes on.” He spoke in between mouthfuls of food, reminding me of the fact I was sitting on my knees in the main area of the bus going through a suitcase wearing only a pair of matching bra and underwear.

I glanced nervously at my half naked body and back to my suitcase as Vinnie greeted the unknown guest at the door.

“You guys were parked next to us, so I thought, why not introduce myself.” The voice spoke happily. “I’m Frank. Frank Iero.”

Oh fuck that. I quickly scrambled to my feet as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and grabbed a random shirt from inside my case and the pair of black skinny legs I’d only just managed to see had been stored under my video camera. Then ran towards the bunks, in a hurry of white skin just in time to hear;

“You guys have a naked girl in your bus.”

Great. I’d now met two members of this band and neither had been in very good circumstances.

I crashed into one of the bunks on the bottom, I quickly closed the curtain and prayed to God no one would open it and reveal me.
I struggled to put my pitch black skinny legs on. "Mother fuckers," I whispered as I kept in my struggle in the cramped bunk. I heard Frank laugh and then I heard Vinnie laugh, I could also hear a packet of peanuts being opened.

"Lucky! The only form of naked hot chicks on our bus is Donna; Gerard's and Mikey's Mom."

"Mom," I heard John repeat in an American accent.

"What's so funny?" Frank asked laughing along with the other guys.

"Shut up John! Don't be so fucking mean!" I yelled out as I tried to zip up my skinny legs.

There was silence.

"Holy shit! You have a hot Australian girl in your bunk!" Frank yelled out, he sounded pretty amazed.
I kinda blushed at the comment. I was never really considered 'hot' back home, I was more considered 'emo'.
What I couldn't believe was that the Frank Iero was in our bus, talking about how 'hot' I was...After he had seen me half naked. It was all too much to take in.

"Yup, we sure do," I heard Josh say.

"You're Australian too?!"

"Frank, we are all Australian," I heard John laugh after he had stated it.

I still hadn't got my pants on properly, I kept on struggling just to lift them up to my hips and zip them up. My arm kept pushing against the wall, making me almost fall out of the bunk.

"Argh! Fucking come up you fucking piece of shit!" I yelled at the pair of pants.

"Wow, she's yelling at her pants...Y'know, you can come out of there, I'm sure I won't mind looking," I heard the American accent fill the air with the muffled laughs.

"I'll be-" I finally lifted them up, but I seemed to have pulled to hard, causing me to hit the wall with my elbow, which forced me through the little curtain things and onto the floor...
With my black bra on and my not even zipped up pants, I was laying on the floor, looking up to Frank Iero. "-fine."
He looked down at me, I saw his smile slowly turn into a grin. My face was burning...

"You guys have it made."
I heard them all laugh, then I felt a peanut hit my head.

"I fucking hate peanuts," I said to myself as I got up and turned around and put my dirty white shirt on. I turned back around and held my hand out to Frank. "I'm Del."

"Truly a pleasure to meet you," I felt his soft hand slid into mind, he still had that smirk on his lips. I yet again heard laughter.

"I'm Josh, that's Vinnie and over there is John. You can call him bitch if you like."
I watched as Frank smiled with a laugh, it was so cute. He acted just like I thought he would.

"You guys are the band we are buddying with, we'll be travelling on the road together and you guys will always be playing before us at every show, and we'll be using the same amps and shit, oh and Emma is our tour manager for this tour too, our normal one is touring The Used right now, so yeah."

After he had said that, one person came to my mind. "You're kidding me."

Frank looked at me in confusion, but that soon went away when Vinnie spoke up, "Ah, she kinda had a run in with Gerard earlier."

I just can't believe this, I really can't believe this. I mean, pairing up with My Chemical Romance was unbelievable and great...But, meeting Gerard like that earlier, was bad, really really bad, it was enough having it in my memory. Now, I will see him everyday until Warper tour was over.

"Ah, hi?" We all looked over at the person who just entered the bus.

"Speaking of the devil," you couldn't of said it any better.

Frank moved over and I saw him. His eyes shot straight over to me, I looked down and turned around and went to the back of the bus and acted as if I had to do something.

Maybe I should hate you for this
Never really did ever quiet get that.


I went inside the bathroom and just as I closed the door, "she's not really the friendly type, is she?" I heard him say. I sighed and lent up against the door and silently banged the back of my head against it.

Don't let it go to your head
Boys like you are dime a dozen
Boys like you are dime a dozen
She said;
You're a touch, overrated
You're a slush and I hate it.


I bit my bottom lip in frustration as I went and looked in the mirror. Bags under my eyes and my hair everywhere. Not only did I act my worst, I look it too.

"I heard you bumped her into the mud," Josh said to him.

"Well, yeah...But, come on! It was a complete accident, she totally over reacted and it pissed me off," Oh give me a fucking break.

I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intension's.

"Dude, calm down...You guys just got off on the wrong foot. You both have the whole tour to straighten it out," Frank said, I wasn't quiet convinced. I don't know why, but I will find it hard trying to fix things up. There was silence. I can't believe this, it's all fucked up.

I picked up the eyeliner and started to draw it around my eyes, I rubbed it in and made it smudge so it blended. It brought the blue of my eyes out and made my skin seem more pale. I brushed my hair lazily and looked at the mirror one last time, Okay, okay, okay. Del, don't be a fucking scaredy cat. I took a breath in and opened the door. I stepped out and looked around, but no one was there. No wonder there was silence.

I walk down to the front of the bus, on my way, I picked up a cig and a lighter.
I walked down the steps of the bus and saw all of My Chemical Romance, Josh, Vinnie and John standing in between the buses, talking.

"Hey Del! We have all decided to throw a piss up later on tonight, after the photo shoot and before the shows start tomorrow," John told me as I lit up my smoke. I was looking at Gerard through the corner of my eye, he was also smoking. No doubt he would be there, and I had already embarrassed myself enough.

"I think I'll pass and-"

"-What the fuck is a piss up?" I looked over to a guy with thick rimmed glasses say; Mikey.
All four of us spat out laughter, we couldn't help it. God I love Americans.

"A piss up cuz, ya know! Ya fuckin' drink 'till ya spew up ya guts, mate!" I said in the famous Aussie accent. They all seemed to go 'Ooooooooooooooh.'

At the corner of my eye, I saw Gerard smile and laugh, which were both hidden. I couldn't help but smile inside, just to know that he doesn't completely think that I'm a mean bitch who only uses her anger emotion.

We spent the next hour getting to know each other before we -Hella- had to go and do the photo shoot.
Everyone seemed to get along with each other, except I kind of stepped out of the lime light and watched. My mind was too busy thinking of him, about what he was thinking, about what it would of been like if we both could actually speak to each other rather than about each other. Every once in awhile, my eyes would catch his. But, he was always the first to look away. I still don't know what it was about him, normally if I got off on the wrong foot with someone, that was it, I wouldn't even bother talking to them or even think of thinking about them. But this time it was different, it bugged the hell out of me.

I quietly watched everyone, but soon my eyes wandered over to him. He was smiling... his lips would only curl up on one side, then he would take a drag of his smoke and blow it out of the side that was curled up.

"Guys, hurry the hell up! The photographers are waiting!" We all snapped out of what was going on and looked over to Emma who was running towards us.

“Is it time already?” Vinnie moaned as she stopped right in front of us, her chest heaving up and down from the running.

“Yeah. Single photo’s first then group shots.” She said, pulling out a folder which she’d been carrying under her arm and handing us each a piece of paper, which had the details of the shoot printed in black ink.

“Lucky for you Del,” I had been trying to concentrate on the words on the paper when her voice distracted me and I looked up. She was pointing directly at my chest. “You have time to change that shirt.”

I felt my cheeks begin to burn as laughter broke out amongst the group. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Gerard trying not to smile, but I knew he was laughing inside.
Emma quickly left with Vinnie, John and Josh following in pursuit to the small area they had set up for our shoot while I was made to report back to the bus and change my once white shirt.

As I fished through my almost empty suitcase I couldn't get him off my mind. I’d been such a bitch and now I had to put up with him all tour. It was going to be a living hell.
Pulling the dirty shirt off over my head I threw it away onto the floor of the bus. We’d had the bus for just a few hours and already it was littered with dirty clothing and the remains of peanuts, obviously the result of Vinnie and his peanut obsession.

“Fucking hell!” I yelled angrily at myself, standing up and tipping the contents of the case out onto the floor of the bus. You’d think I would have been smart enough to pack a bit more than I did, and would of at least packed something which was nice enough for a photo shoot.

A strange noise filled the room, as if somebody was clearing their throat. I stopped mid- kick your pants to the other side of the room- and looked up to see him standing at the edge of the stairway.

Gerard's hazel eyes widened in shock as he slowly looked me up and down. Silence drowned out the spaces of the bus and I suddenly realised I had been caught once again in my black bra.

“Can’t you knock!” I spat angrily, desperately trying to cover my chest with my hands and arms. “It’s a little something called manners. Didn’t you mum ever teach you about them.”

“Well it’s not like you have any.” He replied in the same pissed off tone, snapping out of his daze as anger took it’s place on his face.

“Me? Are you forgetting this is my bus!” I returned the comment just as viciously and turned away, picking up a red tee with the words ‘Freedom’ scribbled across the front and pulled it roughly over my head and messing my hair. That shirt had been a present Vinnie had given me last Christmas.

Your bus?” He laughed sarcastically, raising his eyebrows. Anger burnt inside my chest, I was beginning to loathe him for being such a jerk. “Last time I checked it was Hella’s bus.”

“Yeah. And I’m a member of Hella.”

“It’s still not your bus though. I don’t see your name written all over it.” Now he was mocking me, and it was making me angrier.

“Well it is my bus.” I replied spitefully walking towards him and looked him straight into the eyes, poison in my voice. “So fuck off.”

The anger in his eyes softened, almost in fear.

“Look,” He turned away breaking our eye contact and held his arms up in front of him as if he was surrendering. “I just came to say sorry about pushing you in the mud, but whatever.” He turned away angrily and stormed out of the bus.

I heard him faintly tell me to fuck off as I watched him through the black tinted windows, walking angrily away through the mud. Who ever could of guessed the real Gerard Way would be that irritating.

“Yeah fuck you too.” I muttered after him and ran out of the bus towards the photo shoot. All the time thinking as my feet flew through the mud about, him.