She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

Learning More about Eric

"Oh my fuckkk!" I groaned, dropping my phone on the floor, "What am I supposed to do now? Not only does he think I'm a complete FREAK, but he won't even talk to me. And I can't protect him from anything. Oh fucking fuckity fuck fuck."

I couldn't believe this was happening. What the fuck? I bent down and picked up a bra and put it on. I then pulled on some underwear and grabbed a big sweat shirt. No one was home, so I made my way downstairs to grab a bite to eat. Running that much certainly took away quite a bit of your energy.

I pulled the fridge open to discover absolutely nothing. I grabbed a half full bag of salad and a bottle of ranch containing maybe a couple spoonfuls in it. I made myself a salad and sat down on the couch.

I began talking to myself, "Hey Ian. I am a werewolf. Hunter's a vampire." I could just imagine sucking in a big breath of air, "So, I mean. If you want a pair of nice fangs dug into your neck and you want to live forever and ever, go ahead. Be friends with her." I laughed slightly and continued to eat my salad. I looked out my window and saw the trees rustling in the wind. It was raining pretty hard.

I set my bowl in the sink and opened my back door, the wind smashing it against the wall. I pulled it closed behind me and stepped outside. The rain was hitting hard. Just coming down like beer at a concert. I stood there with my arms wide open and just let the rain continue to come down and down. It was beautiful. Suddenly I heard a pounding at the door. It was amazing I could hear it through all the rain. But, I guess my senses were finally maturing enough to the point where I could use them without being covered in hair.

I quickly made my way inside and ran to the front door. Figuring it was just my dad, I pulled it open and there stood Karen, and her son, Eric.

"Ehh, hi." I smiled shyly, "I'm gonna go.. Change?" I quickly scampered off towards my room. Great. Now Eric and Karen know what I look like without any pants on. Jesus.

I made it upstairs and changed into a pair of jeans and a t shirt after drying off. I quickly shook the excess water out of my hair and decided to let it air dry. I flew back down the stairs to greet a very quiet argument between Eric and Karen.

"You guys are here late, whats going on?" I smiled.
"Your dad and I have something to tell you two." Karen said.
"Oh, I see." I pondered, wondering if it was honestly that urgent that she had to come here at midnight. Its not like we cared that much if they were getting married. And where were the little ones?
The door flew open at that second, "Aeron!! Are Karen and Eric here?"
"Yeah they are."
He walked in and set his work boots on the shoe rack, "Hey guys."
"Hi Brian." Karen smiled softly.
"Aeron. I need you to come up to my room with me for just a second." He said.
What the hell was this all about? I groaned and followed up upstairs. Once we were in his room, I hissed, "Dad. Its like midnight. What is going on?"
"Um, Aeron. There is something that I need to tell you."
"What?!"
"I don't know how to say this.."
"Dad. Come on." I whined, "What is it?"
"Let me change. Then Karen and I will tell you together." He said.
I sat down on his bed as he went into his closet. He came back out dressed in a t shirt and some pajama pants, "Okay, come on."
Once back in the living room, I took a seat in the chair while my dad sat next to Karen. Eric kept his distance from the two, with a distasteful look on his face.
"So." Karen smiled weakly, "Whats your take on it Aer?"
"My take on what?"
"Brian. Did you seriously not tell her?" She said, irritably looking at my dad.
"No."
"I'm pregnant."
"WHAT!?" I shrieked, standing up. "Are you like serious?!" I couldn't believe this. Oh my God. This was absolutely insane. What the fuck? "I need to go for a walk."
"Aer, its rai-"
"I don't care Dad. I'll be back. Don't fucking worry." I said, running out the front door and angrily slopping down the sidewalk with no shoes on.

How could they do this? Do they even realize how much this ruins everything? They've known each other for maybe two weeks!! Oh my God. They're worse than teenagers!! The thought of teenagers quickly brought Ian to mind.

I totally messed it up with him. I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to do about this whole thing. I really like Ian, but I can't just blurt out that Hunter is a vampire. Even if he did believe me, he'd have to know how I know. Then I'd have to explain that I'm some kind of hair covered beastly fuck.

"GOD!" I yelled, sinking to the ground by a tree trunk.
He told me that kissing me was a mistake. I wanted to cry when I heard that. I've been called a mistake so many times. I was a mistake to my mom when she got pregnant. It was a mistake when I became a werewolf. It was a mistake being my boyfriend when I wouldn't have sex with Ryan. All my life, I've just been a mistake. And here I am. Being a stupid mistake.

"Aeron!" I heard a boy's voice yelling at me. I almost started smiling, hoping to see Ian galloping towards me. Saying he was sorry. But no, I look up and its Eric.
"Hey." I said quietly, wiping my face.
"Are you alright?" He said, concern dripping off every word of his sentence.
"Yeah. I think so."
He stuck his hand out, "I don't. Come on. Get up."
I took a hold of his hand, much warmer than mine, considering what I was.
"Thanks."
"Aeron?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry for being such a creep when I first met you. Treating you like that was a mistake."
There's that word again, "Its okay."
"Oh my God, Aeron. Don't cry!!" He said, pulling me into a hug.
"I'm not crying. Its rain.."
"That's not rain. Lets go somewhere warm."
So, he took my hand and we began walking. Me, dripping wet with no shoes on, and him relatively dry, guiding me to somewhere warm.
"So, what do you think about this whole thing?" He asked.
"I don't know." I said, pulling a leaf from a tree, "At least the rain cleared up. But I hate everything be so wet.."
He laughed slightly, "Good try. I'm talking about my mom and your dad."
"Oh, that. I don't know. I guess its their decision. Its just a little overwhelming."
"Yeah, I know what you mean."
"I'll bet. What did they say after I left?"
"Well, my mom doesn't think you like her. Your dad was comforting her, and then they told me to come and look for you."
I was quiet for a long time. Then, I finally said, "Eric. What happened to your dad?"
"Well." he started, letting go of my hand, "Your hands are really really warm.."
I quickly brought them up and shoved them my pockets, "Yeah I know.."
"Here, lets go in here." he said, guiding me to a little store. I made sure to keep my face towards the ground as I had all night. I didn't want to make the same mistake I did with Ian. I had no excuse this time.
A little bell rang and we were inside none other than Cupcakes. Its funny how much this place seemed to be showing up lately. I quickly did a quick scan, and not seeing Hunter, I decided to stay.
"What do you want, Aer?" Eric asked, waiting at the counter for me.
"Um, just a mocha."
He ordered for the both of us and we seated ourselves as we waited for our coffee to show up.
I set my hands on the table and began picking at my green nail polish. After a few minutes, the coffees arrived.
"Thanks." I grinned, taking mine.
Eric smiled softly, "Thank you."
"So," I started, taking a sip of my coffee, "Are you going to tell me about your dad?"
"Do you really want to hear it?" He asked, an unsure expression on his face.
"If you want to tell me."
"Okay. But I have to warn you, its really bad."
"Eric. I know-"
"I'm glad to say that you don't."
I quickly shut my mouth, "That bad, huh?" I said quietly.
"Yeah."
I popped the lid off my coffee and put it back on, looking at Eric. I locked eyes with him and he started talking, "About a year ago, my dad started acting all weird. Whenever we left somewhere, he didn't want to go with us. And he wouldn't let Cameron and Tarren come either. My mom and I, we left them home all the time. Together."
I took another drink from my coffee and sat silently. Eric looked off and bit his lip, "We didn't think anything of it. My dad had always been a good guy. Brought money home, never beat us, was nice to my mom. We were a really good family. But, then Cammie started throwing huge fits whenever we left the house. Crying and screaming. She was terrified to stay home alone. So, I started staying home too. And my mom just went everywhere alone. My dad would lock himself and Cam in his room together. I just sat in the living room and played with Tarren. I never thought much of it." He stopped, blinking away tears and trying to steady his voice, "Then Cameron. She asked my mom one day. And I remember this like it was yesterday. We were all in the kitchen and my dad was at work. She looked at my mom and said, 'Mom?' My mom was in a stressed out mood, trying to get dinner ready before my dad got home, 'What?' She snapped at Cam. 'Never mind Mom.' And that was that. She didn't say anymore than that and my mom didn't ask."
I sensed where this was going and I swallowed hard, "You don't have to tell-"
"No Aeron. I need to tell someone." He cried, "I have to."
"Okay."
"So, one day. My mom gathered me and Tarren. Cameron got stuck at home again. Just freaking out when we left. My mom dropped me off around the corner and I walked back home and tip toed inside and peeked around the corner to my parent's room. And my dad. That sick fuck. He was sitting there.." he stopped and hit his fist on the table, "Cam. She was completely nude. And he had his hands all over her. Like it was no fucking problem."
I brought my hands to my mouth and looked at Eric, "I'm so sorry."
"I couldn't stand it. I went ballistic and just ran at my dad. I didn't stop hitting him until he couldn't breathe. I yelled at Cameron to go get some clothes and I left the house with her that night. I walked around until I found my mom. We never went back." He started bawling, just sobbing right there in the coffee shop. I quickly got up and wrapped my arms around him as best I could.
"Eric. I'm so sorry. That's just horrible. I don't know what to say."
"Come on, lets go." He said, pushing me away softly and standing up. I followed him out the door. I thought my problems were bad.
Poor Eric.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to SamanthaxSurrender for commenting!