She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

I'm Going To Ian's

I pulled up in the parking lot at school the next day. I didn’t see any sign of Ian all day. It was rather eerie, not seeing him. Usually he was the first to say hi to me in the morning.

I ended up eating lunch by myself today. Jas and Austyn are pissed at me because I’m pissed at them. And its just a big mess. Besides that, I was still pretty sore from the fight yesterday. Throwing myself through Ian’s bedroom door may not have been the brightest idea I’ve had this week.

Then again, neither was bursting into a werewolf in front of Eric, kicking Dallas’ ass, threatening Hunter, and going all wolverine on Ian.

“Aeron Brooks?”
I snapped my head up to face my English teacher, “Mmm?”
“Did you hear a word I said?”
I supported my chin in my right hand and rubbed my eyes, “No. I’m afraid I didn’t.”
“You’re wanted in the office.”
“For what?” I groaned.
“I’m not sure. You got a pink slip.”

I gathered by books and rolled my eyes, leaving the room. I could only image what the fuck I was getting a pink slip for. I couldn’t remember if those were the ones that meant you were getting the third degree or if the yellow ones meant you were getting the third degree.

My questions were soon answered as I threw the office door open to see my dad, Karen, and Eric waiting for me. I’m guessing they thought this was some kind of family reunion or some shit. I sighed loudly and gripped my bag tighter.

“Aeron. Sweetheart.” My dad said, standing up.
“What?” I snapped.
“Karen, Eric and I thought it would be nice if you wanted to go out to dinner.”
I shot accusing glares at Karen, “Where are Cameron and Tarren?”
“The baby sitter’s.” She said quietly.
“Aeron, that was completely unnecessary.”
“No.” I hissed, “What’s unnecessary is showing up at my school and trying to talk to me about this in the freaking office! You couldn’t wait until I got home tonight?”
“Okay, lets go.” Eric said, pushing me softly out the door, my dad and Karen trailing closely behind.

Once out in the parking lot, my dad and Karen got into Karen’s car. Eric followed me to my Mustang and got in the passenger’s seat. I slammed my door and started the car. The AC blasted and my radio began screaming out of the speakers.

I quickly shut them both off and took a deep breath, “Sorry.”
“Look Aeron. I know a lot of shit is going on with you right now. And I understand you’re upset with your dad and my mom being so immature and stupid, but could you please be a little easier on my mom? She’s just as scared as the rest of us are. This wasn’t planned. And I’m not so sure she wants to just get married and move in because she’s pregnant.”
I threw my car into reverse. Driving angrily seemed to be something I was making a habit of lately. “So you’re telling me that she’s pregnant with my dad’s baby. And what’s going to happen is she’s just going to keep being single parent and raise one more kid alone? With just child support?”
“That’s not what happened.”
“Well, I’d like to know Eric. What the fuck did happen?” I seethed, making a quick turn and following the car in front of me, “Because my dad is madly in love with your mom. She makes him happy. And I can tell you one thing. Wait, I can tell you two. If she leaves, he’s going to be crushed. If she leaves with his baby, he’s going to kill himself.”
“Maybe they shouldn’t have been messing around then!” Eric said, raising his voice.
I slammed on my breaks and squeezed into a parking space outside of a restaurant called Burger and Brew, “No shit?!” I yelled a little louder than I intended.
“Please, just be nice to my mom.” He said. I ignored him and continued walking. He grabbed my wrist roughly and his green eyes shot lasers into my face, “For me Aer. Please.”
“Whatever. Don’t touch me.” I said, tearing my wrist away from his grip and briskly walking up behind my dad and Karen.

We all seated ourselves at a table. The waitress took our drink orders. And still, nothing was yet to be said. No one had enough balls to open their mouth and let me know what was going on. And to be completely honest with you, I was getting rather pissed off. I was the only one sitting at this stupid fucking table, not knowing what was going on.

“Okay.” I said, smacking my menu down on the table and taking a long drink from my soda, “What the fuck is going on?”
Karen folded her hands and looked up at my dad who sighed, “We’re not sure yet Aeron. We’re not ready for another baby.”
“I could have told you that.” I muttered, scratching my neck. Eric kicked me under the table, “Mature Eric.”
“I think that. Since your father and I are not exactly married, or ready for this baby.. That I am just going to get rid of it.”
“Get rid of it?” I questioned, hoping what I thought she was going to say didn’t come flying out of her mouth.
“Like an abortion?” Eric asked suddenly.
“Yes. Like an abortion.”

I smacked my lips and bit the inside of my cheek. I thought long and hard about what I said next. I promise. It was just impossible to contain myself around someone so fucking self centered and stupid.

“What the FUCK is wrong with you?”
She looked taken aback, Eric coughed loudly, and my dad looked livid. “Aeron Mackay Brooks. I cannot believe you just said that.”
“I can’t believe she just said that!” I counter attacked, looking at my dad.
“Well, I think that its her decision. No matter how hard her decision for me may be. It’s her decision.”
“Brian. We talked about this. Its best for the baby and you know that.”
“I don’t know that. You think its best for the baby. I never said one thing about.” My dad argued.
“Best for the baby!?” I hissed, “How is that in any way, shape, or form good for the baby? You’re killing it!”
“You wouldn’t understand.” Karen whined.
“You’re damn straight I wouldn’t! I’ve never fucked someone two weeks after I met them!” I said, instantly regretting the words that came out of my mouth.
Karen grabbed her purse as Eric stood up, “Yeah well. I don’t think anyone would fuck a teenage werewolf anyways!” She said, standing up and leaving the table.

Mature. Really fucking mature. I thought.

“Dad.” I said, looking at him with tears itching at the corners of my eyes.
“Aeron. It doesn’t, I. I’m sorry.”
“I don’t fucking care.” I said, standing up and pushing my chair over, “I hate you so much right now. Why would you tell her that? I don’t think it was necessary information.”
“That’s why she’s getting an abortion.” He said, quietly.
“Oh, because you guys don’t want another Aeron running around? Another half human, half werewolf, fucked up teenager? Is that it? Huh? Well don’t worry, because you won’t have to worry about me anymore. I’m done with this.”

I quickly stood up and walked out of the restaurant angrily. I saw Karen’s missing car and thought about going back and at least driving my dad home. But then I thought about it more. And the more I thought and thought, I realized I wasn’t going home.

I couldn’t deal being around my dad. He hurt me this time. I’m officially fucked up. I’m going home and getting a bag. And I’m not staying.

I’m going to Ian’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortt. Eeep. Wow. I'm horrid. ;)