She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

Dinner with the family

Ian's P.O.V

Aeron practically ran from the Geography room when the bell rang. I really wished she would have talked to me about what was bothering her. I was a little worried after her shit fit at lunch.

I gathered all my things and put them back in my book bag. I ended up being the last person to leave the room. My mind was trying to figure this girl out. She was very intriguing. From what I could tell she was someone who didn’t like to gossip about others and would stand up for people when she knew what was being said was wrong. And if that was true, that was something I really admired and liked about her.

When I reached my 1967 Chevy Impala I couldn’t help but smirk. This was the only reason I agreed to move here with my mom. I was planning to live on the streets after my father died. My mom and I never really saw eye to eye, and it got even worse when she remarried. So being here with her was not part of my plans, but she must have remembered how much I’ve always wanted this car and she bribed me with it.

The drive ‘home’ was pleasant. It was a nice day. But all I could think about was Aeron and how I could get to know her better. I’d never felt this compelled to get to know a girl before. But there was just something about her that made me feel the need to know everything about her.

Unfortunately when I arrived home my mothers’ overly expensive car was sitting in the driveway. I sighed loudly as I parked next to her. One pf the things I was counting on was that I wouldn’t have to see her often because her job kept her busy almost all of the time. That was one of the bigger reasons why my father divorced her. She didn’t have time for us, so he got custody of me and left. But of course when I wanted to be alone she would be here.

To avoid her I simply went around the house to the basement door. That was the beauty of having my room in the basement, I had my own door. I unlocked the door and walked into the area I had made into a ‘living room’. I had practically made the basement into an apartment. Once I had my shoes off I looked up to see my mother sitting on my couch smiling happily at me. She was dressed up in a black high-wasted pencil skirt, a read silk blouse, and shiny red stilettos. She also had her breast length bleach blond hair nicely curled, so I assumed she was going to work and she wouldn’t be there much longer to bother me.

“How was your day?” she asked sweetly

“Fine” I said simply as I put my shoes away on my shoe rack, I had a thing for shoes, “how was your day Lilly?”

I turned to see she wasn’t smiling anymore, she looked hurt, “it was good. I was hoping you’d come out with me and Jake to supper”

I really did not want to do any such thing, but she was trying to be nice so I couldn’t be a dick and say no, “I guess so, do I need to get dressed up?”

“Oh, no. Not really. But I would prefer if you would change. We’ll leave when you’re ready” she smiled as she made her way to, and up, the stairs.

“Alright” I sighed once she was gone.

I walked into my bedroom to find Kitty sleeping on my bed and Fizgig playing with a plush Jack, from the Nightmare Before Christmas, on the floor.

I picked Fizgig up and carried him over to my closet.

“How was your day?” I asked in a tone one would use when talking to a baby, as I nuzzled my face into his stomach.

“rrrraaawwa” he replied happily.

“Gonna help daddy pick out something to wear?” I asked as I started to bounce him like a baby.

He made another noise that I knew meant yes.

“Good” I smiled as I looked through my clothes.

I decided on a blue v-neck t-shirt, a crimson sports jacked and my black shiny jeans that I was already wearing.

Fizgig went back to playing on the floor, as I got dressed. I picked him back up and gave him a kiss on the head.

“You better be good while I’m gone” I said as I placed him back on the floor. I walked over to my bed and gave Kitty a kiss too, before I walked out of my room.

I slipped on my Black Vans with little red bats flying up the sides before I walked up stairs. I walked into the kitchen and found my mother and Jacob waiting at the door.

“Alright, ready to go?” Jacob asked.

I nodded and we all made our way out the door. We made our way to a car then hadn’t been there when I arrived. It was Jacobs, of course, and it was just as expensive –if not more so- as my mothers.

The car ride to the restaurant was quiet and awkward. I just wanted to be home with my cats… or at school where I could see Aeron. We remained silent when we walked into the restaurant and as we were seated.

I picked up the menu and silently read it as my mother looked intently between Jacob and I. I assumed she wanted one of us to start a conversation, but I had no intention of doing so. I much preferred the silence. It meant I could get lost in my head instead of having to converse with people I didn’t much like.

I noticed Jacob slightly jump and mutter a soft: ‘ow’ as my mother looked expectedly at him.
He cleared his throat and looked at me, “so ah… do you have any plans for what you’re going to do after school?”

I looked up over my menu at him, “I’d like to become a comic book artist”

He looked like he wanted to laugh as he looked back down at his menu, “oh”

“Laugh if you want to, I couldn’t care less what you think of what I want to do with my life. At least I’ll be happy in life doing what I want to do” I stated, Jacob was officially a douche bag now. I hated douche bags. And I knew Jacob hated his job as a therapist. He once pursued a career in acting, but fail miserably at it. So I knew I struck a sore spot there.

“It is good to be happy in ones job” my mother said in false happiness before Jacob or I could continue arguing politely.

We sat in another silence until we placed our orders. Then went back into an awkward silence until our meal came.

Jacob looked at my plate and raised an eyebrow, “all you got was a fancy salad?”

“It was practically the only thing other then bread that didn’t have meat in it” I stated as I started to eat.

He looked as though he was going to laugh again. He had to bite his lip to keep it in.

“I don’t see what’s so funny about being a vegetarian” I stated bitterly he was quickly starting to piss me off

“Oh, I don’t think its funny. I’m just waiting for you to tell us you’re gay” he snickered.

My mother choked on her mouth full of food. And I had to take a deep breath so I wouldn’t louse it and kill him. It was taking all I had not to reach across the table and punch his face in. but I wouldn’t let him win. He wanted me to get mad and fight with him, and I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of getting what he wanted.

“Well sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not in fact gay” I stated calmly as I started to eat once again.

This asshole was not going to win this. I was childish and hated lousing.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to the three people who subscribed ^-^
comments?
subscriptions?